• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

archipel

Reaction score
Never got a confirmation, but I received mine yesterday (Netherlands). They are awesome and very comfy. The kangaroo leather makes creases stand out less, really happy with them. My pair doesn't seem to have the issue some people here are facing. ?

Man, I ordered the same shoes and also in The Netherlands but have not received them yet!

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Right and left
Perhaps it might be better to illustrate your point without the shoes being worn. Sorry from the pics I cannot tell if they are or not. As someone mentioned the width of your foot when worn might be causing this issue.
On the other hand if the pictures have been taken off your foot then I do agree there seems to be a discrepancy between the cutting of each tongue (or perhaps the sticking I wouldn't know enough to tell).

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Perhaps it might be better to illustrate your point without the shoes being worn. Sorry from the pics I cannot tell if they are or not. As someone mentioned the width of your foot when worn might be causing this issue.
On the other hand if the pictures have been taken off your foot then I do agree there seems to be a discrepancy between the cutting of each tongue (or perhaps the sticking I wouldn't know enough to tell).

Good point. The last set of photos I posted are actually not being worn. They're stuffed with the tissue paper that was part of the original delivery.

Edit - It seems to me that the right and left were cut to slightly different dimensions in that specific part, which suggests the right is one of those few "flawed" ones rather than being intentionally designed that way. Having a somewhat wide foot (EE) does probably exacerbate the issue.

Last edited:

ThePetros

Reaction score
Good point. The last set of photos I posted are actually not being worn. They're stuffed with the tissue paper that was part of the original delivery.
I think this is a fair point, @Staxxx1. While there may be a discrepancy - incorrect sizing doesn't help. A few others above had this issue exacerbated by wide feet and/or bad sizing.

As for @NonChalant321 - with clearing that up this is definitely a wrongly cut shoe. This won't get better and either you'll need to put a stitch to fix it or ask for another. I expect it would be much easier with a black pair than a white.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The white soles with mustard suede look so much better than the gum sole versions others have posted.
Nope! :) I respectfully disagree. That white sole made me recoil in horror. In fact, it’s making me question my blue sole choice, on my blue suede pair.

mykoh

Reaction score
I think I have very neutral and forgiving feet (narrow, low instep, no Hobbit feet/toes) and there is still a dimple. It's definitely a construction issue.

OlafG

Reaction score
I did not receive a shipping notification nor any shoes yet. I have ordered two pairs, one for me and one for my girl. Have they been shipped yet?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The white soles with mustard suede look so much better than the gum sole versions others have posted.
Nope! :) I respectfully disagree. That white sole made me recoil in horror. In fact, it’s making me question my blue sole choice, on my blue suede pair.
Some people just like white soles and some don't. Count me in the latter. I've liked every pic of gum soles I've seen so far, it goes with everything.
I can see bry2000’s point. The contrast of the white sole makes for a more striking sneaker. Obviously y’all know I’m on Team Gum here (I think it fits the upper color and texture more), but he’s not wrong either.

blue suede and gum would look awesome - kind of like these pair of GATs I have:

828C3DFB-4FCD-48A6-95F2-2D8F19AB1C1B.jpeg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not receive a shipping notification nor any shoes yet. I have ordered two pairs, one for me and one for my girl. Have they been shipped yet?
Hi everyone for any order status question the best thing to do is email customer support who can provide the latest on your particular order.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok there are about 10 or so orders total left to be dispatched.

Other than those:

Remaining DHL orders are awaiting pick up. All packed and waiting outside so they will send tracking notifications through their systems which sre more advanced than ours currently.

Royal Mail just went out, tracking will be through our system emailers.

That is about it I think. The last few are all small issues like missing logo on tongue etc with one order missing the actual item ordered. Hopefully tomorrow that is everything.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score

Other than those:

Remaining DHL orders are awaiting pick up. All packed and waiting outside so they will send tracking notifications through their systems which sre more advanced than ours currently.

That is about it I think. The last few are all small issues like missing logo on tongue etc with one order missing the actual item ordered. Hopefully tomorrow that is everything.

I imagine you packing 110 freakin boxes by yourself while replying on the forum etc. Respect.

I'll be patiently :)lookaround:) be awaiting my parcel, I am a bit worried but very hyped. Cheers

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
whose your USA tailor? if you don’t mind sharing...

Other than those:

I think you might treat yourself to a couple of beers this evening?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine I think are in batch two for September.
If so, I'd hope some of the A-wave issues get settled.
I'd like my Anticato Green to be Anticato, and no skylight at the base of the tongue please...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Other than those:

Thanks for the feedback, and no worries on the issue with my order, as I mentioned earlier when I order shoes there’s always something that happens. I just feel fortunate this time it was a very minor issue. :thumbs-up:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads