• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in the US and just received my shipping notification. Can’t wait! I ordered these shoes just to see what “dress sneakers” are like. Was never that enthusiastic about the idea of a dress sneaker but figured I’d give them a try. But now, after seeing the shoes people are receiving - I’m really excited. Can’t wait to try out my pairs!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the US...should I have received tracking by now?
Yes, but from what I understand there was an issue with some of the boxes so several US orders have not gone out (myself included). You may be in that group awaiting fresh boxes before your order is dispatched.
Yeah me too, sorry guys, it’s all my fault. Murphy’s law runs rampant through my life. The moment I placed an order, meant that inevitably a few of you would be collateral damage to the carnage of bad luck that accompanies me when I order shoes...lol.

Last edited:

archipel

Reaction score
I see no reason why a hand clicked upper would feel any better than machine clicked or laser cut (because there is no difference if applied with the same stringency).

This is a bit concerning to me though from a design and water perspective.

View attachment 1423795
View attachment 1423796

As in, potentially return-worth concerning. The tongue pattern has not been designed with enough overlap with the facings, or needs to be stitched to the facings higher up.

I want to see a succes for this project but this does seem like a big issue to me, maybe especially with the kangaroos.

PS. I have ordered a Kangaroo with gum sole and no logo. After seeing the pics here of the one with logo I kind of like it to complement the gum sole. I do not have a shipping notification yet. Any possibility to change it?

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh since it’s past business hours over there, and no update from you on the boxes yet. Am I correct in assuming, the dolts have yet to come through on their box delivery promise?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh since it’s past business hours over there, and no update from you on the boxes yet. Am I correct in assuming, the dolts have yet to come through on their box delivery promise?
The dolts delivered 90 boxes so another 90 went out and notifications should be recieved via DHL

They promised another 160 tomorrow which should clear us out totally but fingers crossed... We have prepped everything.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dolts delivered 90 boxes so another 90 went out and notifications should be recieved via DHL

They promised another 160 tomorrow which should clear us out totally but fingers crossed... We have prepped everything.
Honestly im starting to call bs on whether they had it ready for thr past few weeks... The order went in 2.5 months ago for these because Naked decimated the stock of boxes with all the Ghirlandinas and Handwelted shoes ordered... I just cant understand how dpd takes weeks of failed delivery. We couldnt get it in earlier as obviously we lost our office and dispatch warehouse etc for covid so space was scarce.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My suspicion is they’ll deliver 159 tomorrow, and the very last one,(ergo mine), next month :embar:
....hey it’s not paranoia if they really are out to get you :rotflmao:

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Honestly im starting to call bs on whether they had it ready for thr past few weeks... The order went in 2.5 months ago for these because Naked decimated the stock of boxes with all the Ghirlandinas and Handwelted shoes ordered... I just cant understand how dpd takes weeks of failed delivery. We couldnt get it in earlier as obviously we lost our office and dispatch warehouse etc for covid so space was scarce.

DPD is a mystery sometimes. Now you understand why we were worried about you shipping with Royal Mail to Germany - DPD manages it here and it's really a hit or miss. When they have problems, sometimes deliveries take extra weeks for no reason... I am happy everything is coming together though. Can't wait to get them!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any pics of the grey roo and gum sole? I love the look of the Anticato Grey with gum sole, but can't justify the extra $70 CDN. Any plan to bring this to the natural selection in the future @ArchibaldRoh or only through MTO?

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Anybody got any pics of the grey roo and gum sole? I love the look of the Anticato Grey with gum sole, but can't justify the extra $70 CDN. Any plan to bring this to the natural selection in the future @ArchibaldRoh or only through MTO?

Yes please, I am also wondering how the grey roo with gum sole will look like.

What $70 surcharge are you talking about? I don't recall any such surcharge.

Cheers

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes please, I am also wondering how the grey roo with gum sole will look like.

What $70 surcharge are you talking about? I don't recall any such surcharge.

Cheers
Was talking about the anticato grey with gum sole, can only get it with MTO, but it costs an extra $70 CDN to change the sole from white to gum ?
Hence why looking to see if it will come in the future, otherwise may just have to opt for the grey roo...

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Was talking about the anticato grey with gum sole, can only get it with MTO, but it costs an extra $70 CDN to change the sole from white to gum ?
Hence why looking to see if it will come in the future, otherwise may just have to opt for the grey roo...

Does it? Maybe without the 'naked' initiative, but with naked it should cost the same. It sounds like a bug in the website to me.

PS: I just checked and I can still do MTO orders with no surcharge at all, being the price fixed for the type of leather chosen (and not the colour of the sole). Maybe you are not activating 'naked'?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it? Maybe without the 'naked' initiative, but with naked it should cost the same. It sounds like a bug in the website to me.

PS: I just checked and I can still do MTO orders with no surcharge at all, being the price fixed for the type of leather chosen (and not the colour of the sole). Maybe you are not activating 'naked'?
I am on Naked ATM, when I scoll to "Custom MTO" and select gum sole with grey anticato it comes to $309 CDN, where they grey anticato with white sole is $259, so $50 difference to order gum soles instead of stock white

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
I am on Naked ATM, when I scoll to "Custom MTO" and select gum sole with grey anticato it comes to $309 CDN, where they grey anticato with white sole is $259, so $50 difference to order gum soles instead of stock white
Just checked for Canada and it happens to me, too, while if I stay in Germany the price stays the same for both options. It sounds like a bug in the website to me. Maybe @OrlandoMo can help you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads