• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got mine and could not be more pleased. Presentation, box opening, everything, top shelf. A little snug and minor creasing but I don't hold $165 shoes to the same standards as $350 shoes. Well done guys. I'll be ordering some HW01's.

asd

OK that looks super cool, congrats.

I'd like to see the anticato green with gum sole, so if any of you get it... please post pics :D

Here you go.........

20200713_171954.jpg
20200713_172001.jpg
20200713_172702.jpg

Attachments

• 20200713_172656.jpg
    20200713_172656.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 43

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Got mine and could not be more pleased. Presentation, box opening, everything, top shelf. A little snug and minor creasing but I don't hold $165 shoes to the same standards as $350 shoes. Well done guys. I'll be ordering some HW01's.

Here you go.........

View attachment 1423446 View attachment 1423448 View attachment 1423450
Hey, thanks! That anticato green!?!??! It must be the light but it looks like anticato tan! lol! Although int he second pic the green does show. Thanks for mentioning me or I wouldn't have noticed :D enjoy your shoes!

ThePetros

Reaction score
I fully expect the leather to crease once worn, but to receive a brand new, unworn pair with creasing is somewhat disappointing IMO. And if the expectation is that there will be creasing in the leather before ever wearing them, why was that not expressed/shown in the original photos? It sounds like you expect your shoes to have this creasing prior to wearing them based on your experiences. Not sure what soft leather sneakers you've purchased but I've ordered a couple pairs of soft leather sneakers and not had any creasing issues prior to wearing them.
I hate to break it to you, but that’s what happens to soft leather and is just part of the manufacturing process. My Wolverine 1000 miles came that way, I’ve gotten soft leather bags that way, and even jackets that way. It happens. If you wanted perfection on the outside you should have gone with harder more structured leathers. Not roo or horween.

I should note that white makes them more visibles well

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It depends. The creasing on ShawnC’s pair seems like the kind of creasing you’d start to see once you wear the shoes and the toecap starts naturally flexing. So I wouldn’t be concerned about that

the one on jmm722’s looks wrong, like the upper has too much material for the sole dimensions, or as he said, it wasn’t taut while being stitched

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends. The creasing on ShawnC’s pair seems like the kind of creasing you’d start to see once you wear the shoes and the toecap starts naturally flexing. So I wouldn’t be concerned about that

the one on jmm722’s looks wrong, like the upper has too much material for the sole dimensions, or as he said, it wasn’t taut while being stitched

The original promo shot of the SF-01 in white calf had the same crease near the heel counter as that depicted in his photos.
8074C0B3-D84A-477C-9165-8880B06D3E03.jpeg

Just seems like the way the leather reacts with the last and/or heel counter. Maybe that’s the price you pay for using top shelf leather. Maybe not. Either way who cares? It’s a sneaker.

boot_owl

Reaction score

Here you go.........

View attachment 1423446 View attachment 1423448 View attachment 1423450

I agree it’s very important to keep your expectations in line with price. That said, Archibald has stated that they would rather be judged purely on quality, and they don’t want to be known just as ‘good for the price’

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just emailed to check with sizing as I am loving the photos, just waiting on that and then have to decide if I want to take the plunge or not lol

sjjones1

Reaction score
Shoes fit fine, and seem nice enough! However - the shoelaces are WAYYY too short? They are barely long enough to do the initial tuck under, let alone tie a bow...

Anyone else having the same issue?

CWV

Reaction score
I agree it’s very important to keep your expectations in line with price. That said, Archibald has stated that they would rather be judged purely on quality, and they don’t want to be known just as ‘good for the price’
I agree. I haven’t recuece the sneakers but let’s keep in mind that the idea of Archibald is to provide the same quality of high luxury brand but without the steap markup bi

ptfly

Reaction score
Received the box late today at the office. I just quickly changed lacing to help snug them for fitting. I am happy with the box and condition. Even more so I am pleased with the fit. I was afraid they would be too wide. I tend to search for sneakers that aren't too wide as I am a B/C US width. I wear 11.5b or 11.5c in all dress shoes and boots and ordered a 44.
My GF is jealous so we may print out the guide and see if we can fit her size too. I am hoping to see more green and suede colors posted.
Quick pics from try on.
IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Love the anticato green with gum soles in the picture above. Never thought I could be that bold. Can't wait for my shoes...looks like no one went for the suede besides me.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The original promo shot of the SF-01 in white calf had the same crease near the heel counter as that depicted in his photos.
View attachment 1423506

Just seems like the way the leather reacts with the last and/or heel counter. Maybe that’s the price you pay for using top shelf leather. Maybe not. Either way who cares? It’s a sneaker.
I don’t care much about it either. But i do understand the impact of the ‘fresh kicks’ experience when you first unbox your pair, which i don’t think should be dismissed. As early adopters i feel we’re all invested in the success of this product, so i think this is all valuable feedback.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the anticato green with gum soles in the picture above. Never thought I could be that bold. Can't wait for my shoes...looks like no one went for the suede besides me.
Oh, it’s coming my man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads