• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

p0rkbelly

Reaction score
My shoes were delivered in NYC this morning.

They look and feel great!

However, Not sure if I bought the right size yet as my fourth toe is always problematic...and a small walk makes them feel "short" when I roll off my foot.

OnsideBump

Reaction score
MVIMG_20200713_100842.jpg

Anticato Burgundy looking splendid! Glad I did the custom order for the gum sole too.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OnsideBump

Reaction score
Whoa, that two tone effect is pretty interesting looking. Or is that just an optical illusion?
I think the burnished/antiqued nature of the leather makes it so the shade changes depending on the way light hits it! Would love to see the effect on some of the other colors too

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine in. Leather feels nice, unfortunately a couple issues. Puckering of leather in a few areas where it wasn’t taught enough when stitched.

Creasing is likely severe due to the thinness and softness of the leather, but pronounced.

There’s also a black spot that won’t come off and is pretty noticeable contrasted to the white.

Sizing appear accurate, which should relieve most people.

A24AB2A0-B72A-4637-9069-7A08B5EA227A.jpeg
F7BCAD90-26AD-4426-A1D6-9988FE5CCD62.jpeg

Attachments

• B0860FC6-B978-42F9-B3E3-DB0BAE8A11F5.jpeg
    B0860FC6-B978-42F9-B3E3-DB0BAE8A11F5.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 5983EB01-B535-4530-A743-993A88B1AFC4.jpeg
    5983EB01-B535-4530-A743-993A88B1AFC4.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
I got mine in. Leather feels nice, unfortunately a couple issues. Puckering of leather in a few areas where it wasn’t taught enough when stitched.

Pretty bad creasing where the heel counters are, before I even put them on.

Sizing appear accurate, which should relieve most people.

View attachment 1423392
View attachment 1423393
Black spot that won’t wipe off.

Not gonna lie, that creasing is really bad and shouldn't happen to an unworn pair. From the little I've seen so far (color not having as much antiquing as the website photos showed, creasing of unworn shoes, and the bridge added) I'm a little disappointed. I'll wait to receive my pairs before ultimately judging them, but I'm lowering my expectations based on what I've seen so far.

ThePetros

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, that creasing is really bad and shouldn't happen to an unworn pair. From the little I've seen so far (color not having as much antiquing as the website photos showed, creasing of unworn shoes, and the bridge added) I'm a little disappointed. I'll wait to receive my pairs before ultimately judging them, but I'm lowering my expectations based on what I've seen so far.
This is a bit of a red herring. If you want soft leather, you’re gonna have these kind of natural bows. You either have rigidity and even structures or you have suppleness and some imperfection.

I say this as someone who hasn’t gotten a perfect pair.

bsarosi

Reaction score
This is a bit of a red herring. If you want soft leather, you’re gonna have these kind of natural bows. You either have rigidity and even structures or you have suppleness and some imperfection.

I say this as someone who hasn’t gotten a perfect pair.

I fully expect the leather to crease once worn, but to receive a brand new, unworn pair with creasing is somewhat disappointing IMO. And if the expectation is that there will be creasing in the leather before ever wearing them, why was that not expressed/shown in the original photos? It sounds like you expect your shoes to have this creasing prior to wearing them based on your experiences. Not sure what soft leather sneakers you've purchased but I've ordered a couple pairs of soft leather sneakers and not had any creasing issues prior to wearing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads