• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

GAKBO

Reaction score
Lucky me, I was a Naked order as well! Classic white. They’re very nice.
They fit very snugly, I’m a bit worried they’re too tight. I’ll wear them around the house today and see how I get on BF1C5D57-E1CC-4D64-BFE2-A473C16302B3.jpeg 2B6C11DB-EE38-46E9-9F32-BFF80C0C1CAE.jpeg 23E4C4D3-0FB5-4761-85D4-65E53B7EFFF1.jpeg

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Looks great - but snug and narrow are definitely not want I want to hear :(

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long is the naked going to be going on? I want to know when I have to decide by if I want a pair of these shoes, but want to also see in person pics first lol. Mainly eyeing the Anticato Grey, but white also looks nice in Kangaroo with gum sole

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long is the naked going to be going on? I want to know when I have to decide by if I want a pair of these shoes, but want to also see in person pics first lol. Mainly eyeing the Anticato Grey, but white also looks nice in Kangaroo with gum sole
so current internal agreement is that Naked closes on the 18th of July.

We will be doing calls with each of our craftspeople to decide whether or not to extend it further, as ultimately, it is for them. We could start moving into a partial Naked where we highlight items made by some particular craftspeople who are struggling or facing more cancellations from bigger brands.

mcfly26

Reaction score
People in the UK/ London who got a tracking, when did you order? I ordered in February when was released, but haven't received any notification.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so current internal agreement is that Naked closes on the 18th of July.

We will be doing calls with each of our craftspeople to decide whether or not to extend it further, as ultimately, it is for them. We could start moving into a partial Naked where we highlight items made by some particular craftspeople who are struggling or facing more cancellations from bigger brands.
Alright, so I have time to decide then lol. I am only using cheap Club Monaco white leather sneakers which are great, but not the best quality so I want to see some in person pics before I decide. I like the look of the grey anticato, mainly to keep it cleaner looking longer, but may go classic with the white on white

ThePetros

Reaction score
Just got mine as well. White roos. The fit is good, leather is soft, supple, and a nice texture.

A little problem though.... the outside seam to the tongue seems to be cut way too close to the side panel. If I wiggle my toes a little you can peek right through to my foot. Even if I don't - this will bring stress to that part of the shoe.... I just wore it for a few mins now and the its already begun.

@ArchibaldRoh have you seen this stress point on any other material? Might just be a one off issue....

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 13.16.30 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 13.16.30 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 13.16.30 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 13.16.30.jpeg

GAKBO

Reaction score
Do you have wider feet by any chance? Or did you disregard the sizing tool?
I don’t have wide feet that I know of, and I used the sizing tool, but I don’t think I’m a great barometer for sizing, I haven’t really got my sizing nailed down since starting to wear better quality shoes. For years I wore 12UK in everything (ie trainers and cheap, non GYW dress shoes for work) but there’s no way I am actually a 12. So I think I’m used to a roomy fit. I was actually between sizes on the sizing tool, and went for the bigger one. So maybe it is just my perception that these are snug.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Just got mine as well. White roos. The fit is good, leather is soft, supple, and a nice texture.

A little problem though.... the outside seam to the tongue seems to be cut way too close to the side panel. If I wiggle my toes a little you can peek right through to my foot. Even if I don't - this will bring stress to that part of the shoe.... I just wore it for a few mins now and the its already begun.

@ArchibaldRoh have you seen this stress point on any other material? Might just be a one off issue....

View attachment 1423183 View attachment 1423184 View attachment 1423185 View attachment 1423186
That looks like a serious issue to me. I certainly hope its an isolated QC problem. I ordered the roos in grey.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
That looks like a serious issue to me. I certainly hope its an isolated QC problem. I ordered the roos in grey.

Post pics when you get them, please! I am craving to see some grey roos in "real" pics and I guess you'll get yours before I do.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ArchibaldRoh have you seen this stress point on any other material? Might just be a one off issue...

View attachment 1423183 View attachment 1423184 View attachment 1423185 View attachment 1423186
hi there, so the white kangaroo, in particular, is by far the softest material so the opening is a little more visible when the pair is not worn but given each of the uppers are hand-cut it might be to do with that, Orlando will be messaging you in private to see that it's a one-off as such.

ThePetros

Reaction score
hi there, so the white kangaroo, in particular, is by far the softest material so the opening is a little more visible when the pair is not worn but given each of the uppers are hand-cut it might be to do with that, Orlando will be messaging you in private to see that it's a one-off as such.
Thanks, @ArchibaldRoh. Yea, the leather is positively buttery and luxurious.

But yes, I think someone was a little overzealous with the sheers that day. The pictures above are all with me wearing them - I'm no cobbler, but it might be a stitch placement issue. In any case... I'll wait for @OrlandoMo to message.

Thanks again for the speedy reply

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads