• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
w
Hahaha it sounds like fun. Are you willing to share some pics of the living room full of shoe boxes as well? I'd find it very amusing :D

I can't wait. I mean, I can, I have been doing it and it's no biggie, but I am really longing to see the shoes and to get them and to feel them!

Cheers and thanks for the hard work
will do!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On the road!

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 08.20.38.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 08.20.36.jpeg

sjjones1

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the shoes and circle the bridge in red or something? I don't know enough about shoes to know what is being talked about.

flx

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the shoes and circle the bridge in red or something? I don't know enough about shoes to know what is being talked about.
He posted the shoe a few pages back but I've circled the relevant part for you.

Attachments

• shoe-circled.jpg
    shoe-circled.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 73

sjjones1

Reaction score
Thanks! Do other similar leather sneakers have that? Curious if there is something specific to this design that made the artisan think they were necessary.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Thanks! Do other similar leather sneakers have that? Curious if there is something specific to this design that made the artisan think they were necessary.

If you go back a few pages, it's explained why the artisan added the bridges - essentially to prevent the tongue from slipping to the side. Some leather sneakers include them, some do not - just depends on the maker.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go back a few pages, it's explained why the artisan added the bridges - essentially to prevent the tongue from slipping to the side. Some leather sneakers include them, some do not - just depends on the maker.
Yeah. Some kind of tack on the underside of the tongue would be better but the bridge is fine. How does CP do it?

styleforumuser

Reaction score
Yeah. Some kind of tack on the underside of the tongue would be better but the bridge is fine. How does CP do it?

Achilles tongue is just loose, but I can feel some extra material where the tongue starts, probably stitched to the two sides. Could be using the same stitch that is placed lower (too low to use for this) on the SF01.

1594319588194.png

flx

Reaction score
I think given the choice most people would probably opt not to have the bridge as it's making the shoe look a bit less clean. But anyway for me it's still a very good looking shoe and I can't await to receive mine.

It's unfortunate that this got lost in communication but in my opinion it's very understandble that stuff like this could've happenend given the current situation.

I'm sure they've learned a lot during the whole SF-01 planning and production and not because they didn't manage to run a proper shop or production before, but because there probably isn't any comparable item in their store which comes even close to the popularity and the volume of the SF-01 (my best guess what comes after would be the incredibly low priced Vicuña scarf).

Rewiag

Reaction score
we think the bridge will be part of the sf-01 from now on

The pre-orders are understandably are coming with the bridge. Do you mean the standard production line might also come with the bridge?

If the later, I'd like it more if it would not come with the bridge, just because that way the pre-order SF-01 could be truly unique in the line by virtue of having this "accidental" bridge while the normal production does not.

(Also, if you end up sticking with a bridge, why dont make it semi-hidden? The clickers could click into the leather of the tongue, and form a bridge between the outer leather and the lining leather. That way, if someone wants to use the bridge it is there, if someone does not it is barely visible)

Reactions: flx

flx

Reaction score
The pre-orders are understandably are coming with the bridge. Do you mean the standard production line might also come with the bridge?

If the later, I'd like it more if it would not come with the bridge, just because that way the pre-order SF-01 could be truly unique in the line by virtue of having this "accidental" bridge while the normal production does not.

(Also, if you end up sticking with a bridge, why dont make it semi-hidden? The clickers could click into the leather of the tongue, and form a bridge between the outer leather and the lining leather. That way, if someone wants to use the bridge it is there, if someone does not it is barely visible)
I'd also welcome this. I'm sure most people who've preorderd are totally fine with the first batch having the bridge and it seems like a lot of people are willing to buy another pair again (especially with this beautiful Horween Shell Cordovan ?). And as I said before, given the choice I think most would prefer not to have the bridge.

Should anybody who has preordered feel he's being treated unfairly and want to return his bridge-batch shoes, I'm sure you could easily sell them at the naked price again after the normal pricing has been restored.

If you want to keep it I'd at least make it an option so those people which know they have a problem with the tongue can opt for it.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
My order for the sf-01 grey kangaroo in size 45 isn’t due until September. So if any of you guys want to cancel yours maybe they will send them to me early. Not that I’m encouraging you or anything tho....?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads