• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Margom soles last incredibly long.

I imagine most people here have extremely large shoe collections. It would take years before you would need a re-sole and there is a decent chance you will tire of the sneakers before needing to get them re-soled.
Good to know. I’m replacing my MMM gats which have holes in the soles after 4-5 years. Was hoping the margom would last longer.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Meanwhile on The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted GMTO... the HW-01 is moment away to be announced

archibald-042070 (1).jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Margom soles last incredibly long.

I imagine most people here have extremely large shoe collections. It would take years before you would need a re-sole and there is a decent chance you will tire of the sneakers before needing to get them re-soled.
In theory you are likely correct, heck my dress shoe collection means at most each pair gets worn twice a year, max three times if they’re one of my favs.

However, speaking for myself, I wear sneakers much differently. I don’t have anything near the collection of sneakers as I do dress shoes. As such, each pair of the sneakers get worn as much as four or five times a month. I would need a substantial addition to my sneakers collection to impact how I wear them in the way you infer. For me sneakers get worn out much, much faster than my dress shoes.

styleforumuser

Reaction score
In theory you are likely correct, heck my dress shoe collection means at most each pair gets worn twice a year, max three times if they’re one of my favs.

However, speaking for myself, I wear sneakers much differently. I don’t have anything near the collection of sneakers as I do dress shoes. As such, each pair of the sneakers get worn as much as four or five times a month. I would need a substantial addition to my sneakers collection to impact how I wear them in the way you infer. For me sneakers get worn out much, much faster than my dress shoes.

YMMV but I've worn a pair of Achilles for pretty much 5 years straight and by then the back of the heel was a bit worn out.
I got an insane deal on a new pair so I never resoled those and just use them as festival/going out sneakers.

Potatoe

Reaction score
I have an order in on the sneakers and I would be utterly shocked if there was anything untoward.
The sneakers cost about $160us and i doubt they sold 100 pairs.
What company would commit suicide for 10k or less? I bet they spent more then that on their website.
Personally I think this company is one to watch moving forward. I think this is an incredible marketing campaign.
When the sneakers hit they will get a good bump (assuming they are nice) and given how good the whole cuts look in photos they will get another right away.
Their biggest problem currently seems to be that their shoe designs are a touch conservative but with a bunch of folks online taking photos of their new shoes, that will change fairly quickly. Especially given the whole cuts seem to have some flair. If the boots come out nice they will be set and won't need to be doing things at cost anymore.

dhoff10

Reaction score
I have an order in on the sneakers and I would be utterly shocked if there was anything untoward.
The sneakers cost about $160us and i doubt they sold 100 pairs.
What company would commit suicide for 10k or less? I bet they spent more then that on their website.
Personally I think this company is one to watch moving forward. I think this is an incredible marketing campaign.
When the sneakers hit they will get a good bump (assuming they are nice) and given how good the whole cuts look in photos they will get another right away.
Their biggest problem currently seems to be that their shoe designs are a touch conservative but with a bunch of folks online taking photos of their new shoes, that will change fairly quickly. Especially given the whole cuts seem to have some flair. If the boots come out nice they will be set and won't need to be doing things at cost anymore.
Agree with a lot of this, but they sold a lot more than 100 pairs

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YMMV but I've worn a pair of Achilles for pretty much 5 years straight and by then the back of the heel was a bit worn out.
I got an insane deal on a new pair so I never resoled those and just use them as festival/going out sneakers.
That’s good to hear, what was the sole on your shoes?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello SF-ers,

Our first hand-welted shoe designed by the community, HW-01 Wholecut Oxford, is here.

Once again, we thank you profusely for guiding the development of this second product through your detailed responses to our survey. As will soon be common practice, we’ve taken every insight you’ve given us and used them to craft and refine the ultimate hand-welted shoe, the HW-01, which you can access now via this link.

For the moment, this link is only available on Styleforum and is currently not available to the wider Archibald community or new customers. For the next fourteen days, only you, our co-creators on the HW-01 can purchase it for the at-cost (Naked) price which includes a $10 donation to SF for every pair purchased.

Whilst we like to keep things exciting and new, certain facets of the Archibald ethos remain the same and that includes our commitment to transparency. The truth is that with the current uncertainty there may be unforeseen changes (both positive or negative) to product or delivery and thus if the final price at-cost of your HW-01 is lower than the pre-order price currently available we will make that known to you. And we will refund you the difference, in Archibald credit.

The HW-01 is an exciting evolution for us, in our co-creative relationship with the SF community. Not only have we developed a hand-welted shoe tailored to your specifications but it is available in a range of different options and leathers, including the very special and much-requested Horween shell cordovan.

So give us your feedback as thoroughly as you can and get ready, because we’re still just getting started.

Best Wishes,

Orlando - Archibald London

PS -- You have 14 days to pre-order from the HW-01, after which we shall go into production. We may release a second run of the HW-01 range but this is likely to be at the normal Archibald pricing and may lack the same scope of variants. You can always reach us on this page or by dropping us an email at [email protected]

c1.jpg

archibald-shoes-030354.jpg
archibald-shoes-037252 (1).jpg

archibald-shoes-036191_1.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First one to post theirs gets bragging rights!

(And will be required to cut them up for science)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I have mixed emotions, on one hand we have an insane amount of shoes arriving for immediate dispatch... On the other hand, you all finally get the sf-01!
I was late to the game ordering, but does that mean the SF-01s are coming before September?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads