• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
In the meantime... first sample of SF-01 in Horween Shell Cordovan. Coming soon

View attachment 1415609

OK, this is some next level **** lol. Nice.

The only problem I see, and I risk being insisting, is the resoling capability of the shoe, and I'll elaborate: the calfskin will outlast the sole but hey, its 170-250 bucks or so, OK. Cordovan, especially Horween, will outlast US and cost quite a bit more because of that. It is a shame having to get rid of such a nice upper (with an accordingly higher investment) because the sole does what all soles do and gets worn out.

If you could get Adriano to work out a way to resole the shoes, be it using a weaker glue on the sides and rely more on the stitching for that part or whatever, then you got a wonderful product from all aspects: shell (and the best one at that), design, probably comfort (we'll see but I'm positive), AND longevity, all at a great price. Disposing a shell cordovan shoe, however, is not a lot of fun...

But it looks very good. Just trying to feed my view back to you in case it helps and it case it can become a reality (it's kind of a wet dream, really).

Cheers!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK, this is some next level **** lol. Nice.

The only problem I see, and I risk being insisting, is the resoling capability of the shoe, and I'll elaborate: the calfskin will outlast the sole but hey, its 170-250 bucks or so, OK. Cordovan, especially Horween, will outlast US and cost quite a bit more because of that. It is a shame having to get rid of such a nice upper (with an accordingly higher investment) because the sole does what all soles do and gets worn out.

If you could get Adriano to work out a way to resole the shoes, be it using a weaker glue on the sides and rely more on the stitching for that part or whatever, then you got a wonderful product from all aspects: shell (and the best one at that), design, probably comfort (we'll see but I'm positive), AND longevity, all at a great price. Disposing a shell cordovan shoe, however, is not a lot of fun...

But it looks very good. Just trying to feed my view back to you in case it helps and it case it can become a reality (it's kind of a wet dream, really).

Cheers!
yes for sure we'll need to study something for the Horween ones and hopefully we can start offering a re-soling service

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
yes for sure we'll need to study something for the Horween ones and hopefully we can start offering a re-soling service
That would be a dream come true, honestly! I am sure you guys are going to get the best possible solution.

Cheers

Staxxx1

Reaction score

View attachment 1415609

More than tempted to get one of these too. But by the time my first pair arrives and I try it on for size the pre-order prices will be done..... arggghh!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More than tempted to get one of these too. But by the time my first pair arrives and I try it on for size the pre-order prices will be done..... arggghh!
Oh did i not say what we are going to do with pricing going forward? We have an entire approach set forth so that every new item first drop comes with preferential pricing of some sort.

styleforumuser

Reaction score
There's always some idiots in GMTO projects, just ignore them and focus your energy on creating good things.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, man, I don't need any more dress sneakers. I don't need any, really -- I only ordered two pairs of calfskin SF-01's because they looked like fun. But I don't plan to wear them to the office. Maybe, but right now I'm not planning on it. Probably they'll get 1-2 wears per month. But now Archibald is releasing a shell cordovan sneaker?!?!? Guys -- COME ON. It's like you're reaching directly into my wallet! Those look FANTASTIC!

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Oh, man, I don't need any more dress sneakers. I don't need any, really -- I only ordered two pairs of calfskin SF-01's because they looked like fun. But I don't plan to wear them to the office. Maybe, but right now I'm not planning on it. Probably they'll get 1-2 wears per month. But now Archibald is releasing a shell cordovan sneaker?!?!? Guys -- COME ON. It's like you're reaching directly into my wallet! Those look FANTASTIC!

I am kind of worried as well. I fear these weird times and the lockdowns might have affected my self-control enough to give in to temptation.

I must be strong. F#%K.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1415609
These are off the chain! I really want several pairs of these, but EC brings up an excellent point. Purchasing these without the ability to resole, just seems wasteful, and would definitely give me pause.

cavdb

Reaction score
Oh did i not say what we are going to do with pricing going forward? We have an entire approach set forth so that every new item first drop comes with preferential pricing of some sort.
Will the sf01 in kangaroo be resoleable or any sf01?

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
In theory all shoes with margom soles are resoleable. Question is whether doing so is worth the cost.
I would say buying a new shell cordovan shoe is probably more expensive because of the upper alone than resoling an older shoe...

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say buying a new shell cordovan shoe is probably more expensive because of the upper alone than resoling an older shoe...
Yes. But there’s also the question of how many times you can resole. If it’s only once is it worth it?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Margom soles last incredibly long.

I imagine most people here have extremely large shoe collections. It would take years before you would need a re-sole and there is a decent chance you will tire of the sneakers before needing to get them re-soled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads