• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
... until such time as you have amassed sufficient money to sail away into the sunset never to be seen again......and we are left to wonder how we ever let this happen......

Well I’m calling you out and and I’m sure all of you social media followers will be very interested to see our email exchange, lets see what happens then... "

Well, if this guy had ever thought of ordering something other from you than the SF-01, he would have realized that your service and products are world class and wouldn't have dared to waste his time (and yours) with this tomfoolery.

Cheers

Staxxx1

Reaction score
What a wretched, self-centered view that person has. All for a pair of well-made sneakers that he's getting at a brilliant price being delayed a bit. We have on-going daily curfews still and new lockdowns announced every day...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't followed this too closely, but isn't your site still saying pre-orders are being taken until some point in early July?
Why would someone be complaining they haven't got them yet?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the bitchiness is uncalled for, but it’s hard to dismiss the person’s concerns when you have his money and no product yet. The only way to shut someone like that up is to deliver, or refund him as the others suggest.

I also think it’s a fair question to ask whether you can manage multiple projects when the first one hasn’t been completed. Again, the bitchiness is uncalled for but I can see what’s behind it.

That person is being completely tone-deaf to what’s going on around them, though. But some people don’t care about their vendor’s problems - i guess that’s their right to enforce a sales contract and not consider any extraordinary circumstances. But you don’t have to keep their money and continue deal with them either...

sjjones1

Reaction score
It's one thing to be concerned about delivery (I'm not particularly).

It's another thing (disgusting) for the concerned person to basically threaten a social media blast when there are no signs of foul play.

Wait for the shoes. If concerned then don't order anything else until you get them - probably a sensible precaution with any purchase of this type really.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's always an element of risk when you place a pre-order with a small manufacturer or retailer, especially in these challenging economic times. But sheesh... the guys from Archibald London have been very responsive. That's not how people who intend to take the money and run generally behave. I'm confident that my shoes will arrive. Delays are ordinary in this business, and since Covid is here... delays are to be expected.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
There's always an element of risk when you place a pre-order with a small manufacturer or retailer, especially in these challenging economic times. But sheesh... the guys from Archibald London have been very responsive. That's not how people who intend to take the money and run generally behave. I'm confident that my shoes will arrive. Delays are ordinary in this business, and since Covid is here... delays are to be expected.

Totally agree. Sometimes I am even flirting with the idea of ordering another pair, so confident as I am lol.

Everything will turn out fine. It is only natural to have a bit of understanding, especially considering these complicated times. Natural as it is, however, nobody is forced to have it. So, were I Rohan, I would just give him his money and that's it. Sometimes giving somebody what he seems to want is actually defeating him.

Cheers

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I think about ordering another pair all the time too. The only thing stopping me is a sense of caution in case the size ordered doesn't fit me.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have actually offered his money back right away with interest. He declined the offer so I raised the amount of interest. At this point we might simply deliver them and then stop any new orders from being made moving forward.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
I have actually offered his money back right away with interest. He declined the offer so I raised the amount of interest. At this point we might simply deliver them and then stop any new orders from being made moving forward.

Weird. Maybe he was just frustrated and wanted to complain. After all these times are not easy for anyone, which does not justify bitching for free but whatever.
Cheers

cavdb

Reaction score
Weird. Maybe he was just frustrated and wanted to complain. After all these times are not easy for anyone, which does not justify bitching for free but whatever.
Cheers
I completely agree that he just want to complain for the sake of complaining. Archibald went above expectations offering a refund with interest. I don’t know if any retail or online store that would offer that, especially now. Either way you won’t be able to please people like that.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In the meantime... first sample of SF-01 in Horween Shell Cordovan. Coming soon

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-30 at 12.04.19 (2).jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics