• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd avoid using mink based oil on kangaroo. I found this to be the best on that particular leather:

I have used that on my cheaper white leather sneakers, and most of the shoes/boots where I don't want wax, such as boat shoes or crazy horse. Even used it on my Nubuck espadrilles on the outside and it worked great. Would recommend

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe.
I have been wanting to send through an update about the delivery of the SF-01's for some time now, however delayed it for a few days at the request of our craftsmen who were awaiting some particular information from a supplier.
It has been a month since Italy re-opened and things have started progressing back to normal a little more, everyday.
The soles arrived from Margom towards the end of May and deliveries of insoles arrived shortly after.
There was one issue with the Kangaroo leather delivered, the white one was perfect but the grey one was a little off and too thick for what we require so it was sent back to be replaced. This will be back in Monday.

Everything else is going really well at the moment and we are hoping to be at a point where we can start getting deliveries out of Italy come our way in the last week of June so we can dispatch them out before the end of June.

I cannot stress how much we apologize for the inconvenience and delays caused. I am proud that Adriano and the team managed to salvage what they can so far but also understand that these have been paid for by all of you a long time ago. I hope when they finally arrive you will all feel satisfied and that they were worth the wait.

More to come soon. We also reached out to Rose Anvil to try and get the sneakers reviewed, Orlando is in touch so we will see if we can make it happen.

Best,

Rohan

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe.
I have been wanting to send through an update about the delivery of the SF-01's for some time now, however delayed it for a few days at the request of our craftsmen who were awaiting some particular information from a supplier.
It has been a month since Italy re-opened and things have started progressing back to normal a little more, everyday.
The soles arrived from Margom towards the end of May and deliveries of insoles arrived shortly after.
There was one issue with the Kangaroo leather delivered, the white one was perfect but the grey one was a little off and too thick for what we require so it was sent back to be replaced. This will be back in Monday.

Everything else is going really well at the moment and we are hoping to be at a point where we can start getting deliveries out of Italy come our way in the last week of June so we can dispatch them out before the end of June.

I cannot stress how much we apologize for the inconvenience and delays caused. I am proud that Adriano and the team managed to salvage what they can so far but also understand that these have been paid for by all of you a long time ago. I hope when they finally arrive you will all feel satisfied and that they were worth the wait.

More to come soon. We also reached out to Rose Anvil to try and get the sneakers reviewed, Orlando is in touch so we will see if we can make it happen.

Best,

Rohan

Definitely no need to be apologetic about anything. Glad your team got through the pandemic safely.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there going to be another around of GMTO on SF01?
I think now it will be a fully available/pre-orderable item and the focus will go into the SF-02.
I know they are exploring a Horween shell cordovan version which will likely be a GMTO.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind response. Would the SF member discount still be available??
Not as the SF member discount as such.
Of course due to Covid-19 and the situation with the pandemic we decided to revive an old campaign called Archibald Naked where everything is available at-cost in order to ensure that our craftsmen around the world keep getting work and can survive during these unprecedented times. Naked is still on, there is an activation button on the right side of the screen and when activated the entire site goes to at-cost pricing. We will be pulling this down anytime as it was literally something done to help during this very weird time we saw many brands cancelling orders etc and it created a lot of uncertainty for these artisans so we felt it necessary to help.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not as the SF member discount as such.
Of course due to Covid-19 and the situation with the pandemic we decided to revive an old campaign called Archibald Naked where everything is available at-cost in order to ensure that our craftsmen around the world keep getting work and can survive during these unprecedented times. Naked is still on, there is an activation button on the right side of the screen and when activated the entire site goes to at-cost pricing. We will be pulling this down anytime as it was literally something done to help during this very weird time we saw many brands cancelling orders etc and it created a lot of uncertainty for these artisans so we felt it necessary to help.
Thanks, this is great, how should I convert the sizing to female sizing?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this is great, how should I convert the sizing to female sizing?
I think the best thing to do is measure the feet and share comparables with customer support or here on the thread though I am a bit out of practice!

cavdb

Reaction score
No one could really foresee the delays because of covid19. I’m sure a lot of us had much more pressing concerns on our minds besides the arrival of the sneakers.
That all being said, now that the dust has cleared a bit, I’m sure I’m not the only one Looking forward to finally receiving them?

sjjones1

Reaction score
Of course due to Covid-19 and the situation with the pandemic we decided to revive an old campaign called Archibald Naked where everything is available at-cost in order to ensure that our craftsmen around the world keep getting work and can survive during these unprecedented times.

That is/was fantastic. Putting people before profit!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is/was fantastic. Putting people before profit!
Thank you. It was something we felt we had to do as many brands, particularly at that level have been cancelling orders and causing a lot of precarity.

They also serve as the backbone to our entire business and everywhere we have arrived thus far. So even thinking of it purely selfishly, we couldn't allow these workshops of excellence to disappear.

The initiative is still on, just we are not sure till when at the moment.

Interestingly enough, it has also made some craftsmen who used to be exclusive to certain brands drop that exclusivity... So we have had craftsmen who have turned us down for certain products in the past reach out. Could lead to some exciting things coming up...

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
$425 Common Projects Cut in Half and revealed they use a so-so quality leather.
As someone more wise than me said ''Stupid people need shoes too ''.

We had a chat with him and he's actually going to rip apart the SF-01 too!

mux8

Reaction score
Do you think of producing a boot like Thursday Boots at a similar or slightly higher price?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you think of producing a boot like Thursday Boots at a similar or slightly higher price?
Sure, we are actually working at the HW-01 (Wholecut Oxford) with Styleforum community and we were thinking of proposing a Jumper Boots for the HW-02

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads