• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Very slightly shorter, yes they are. But wider ad the front of the CP are narrower.
Sounds more and more like the perfect fit for me, but how do I risk getting two pairs first off! Sorely tempted by the price!!
Plus, living in India, I need to deal with punitive duty, shipping....don't ever think of exchanges therefore as I would lose shipping and duty on the first pair and pay it on the second!!

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't own a printer and don't have anyone to help me take measurements. It's a 13.5 US, though. Looks like my foot is 31ish cm but it's a difficult measurement to take by yourself considering that your foot stretches differently depending on how you have your weight adjusted. I would guess a 47 would be much safer, though.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't own a printer and don't have anyone to help me take measurements. It's a 13.5 US, though. Looks like my foot is 31ish cm but it's a difficult measurement to take by yourself considering that your foot stretches differently depending on how you have your weight adjusted. I would guess a 47 would be much safer, though.
Larger is safer, but if you like and somehow get the opportunity to print or have someone help you, you can change the sizing till about Wednesday or so if the order has been placed.

The more I think about it, as you said the CP 46 fit but the narrowness up top bothers you but that shouldn't happen here so a 46 should in fact fit.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Larger is safer, but if you like and somehow get the opportunity to print or have someone help you, you can change the sizing till about Wednesday or so if the order has been placed.

The more I think about it, as you said the CP 46 fit but the narrowness up top bothers you but that shouldn't happen here so a 46 should in fact fit.

Hmmm well I have some thinking to do. I did just pull out my CPs, and they actually have quite a bit of extra length. Just to clarify though, you don't stock a 47, do you? There's not one in the sizes listed.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm well I have some thinking to do. I did just pull out my CPs, and they actually have quite a bit of extra length. Just to clarify though, you don't stock a 47, do you? There's not one in the sizes listed.
In that case 46 is your size.

We do, not sure why it isnt showing up, but we do.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US 9, then I'd go with a 43.
UK9, then I'd go with a 44.
... But I'd print and use the size tool from the size guide (share the image) but make sure the tool is set up right and double check with a measurement.

That's a serious shock for me. I usually take a UK10.5, but measured up to a 44 on your measurements advice. (I'm 44-45 in CP). Am I going to end up with shoes that won't fit?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a serious shock for me. I usually take a UK10.5, but measured up to a 44 on your measurements advice. (I'm 44-45 in CP). Am I going to end up with shoes that won't fit?
No, no that was only for that particular example as there was a width issue so I added one size.

Please, each one asking me a size question the answer has been specific for the case.

Please do not pull from someone else's individual assesment unless it is a general rule comment.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, no that was only for that particular example as there was a width issue so I added one size.

Please, each one asking me a size question the answer has been specific for the case.

Please do not pull from someone else's individual assesment unless it is a general rule comment.
Fair enough. I just panicked a little because there are no returns from here.

epc2

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question on sizing , can't decide since I don't own any CP or Nike, I wear 10.5DUS in the Epaulet sneakers (made in Portugal) , 10UK in EG 606 last and 9.5UK on C&J 341 last, Does 43 sounds like the right size???

I'll place the order and if needed change the size before wednesday but will like to hear your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

The comparables aren't the easiest for me to tell, the 10 UK EG would point to a 44, the Epaulet and C&J would usually make me think a 43. I think you might be in that bracket where the 0.5 size over a 9 UK is needed (let me know if I'm wrong) so perhaps a UK10 is safe which is a 44.

Sorry if the train of thought is confusing at first to read.

Best,

R

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads