• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ptfly

Reaction score
Everyone making orders of the Sf-01 in this run will be converted to a special user type called Styleforum soon. You will all benefit from exclusive specials etc as we look to do some more things with the community. Thank you all, orders will close in 18 hours.
How will you know our username from our order¿

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How will you know our username from our order¿
We won't. We will be converting it from a normal user on our system to a special Styleforum user. It will be through your email. All on our system through the account that made the order in this period ... Nothing connected to your sf user

hrv123

Reaction score
So what’s the consensus re sizing relative to Buttero Tanino?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what’s the consensus re sizing relative to Buttero Tanino?
Would love to help but unfortunately never seen a Buttero sneaker in real life. It was in the set of comparable from a few people on the forum... can anyone help?

Either way, we still suggest measuring your feet or using the size tool (with check measurement prior to usage)

domer

Reaction score
What should I get if I wear a size 9EEE in Allen Edmonds? I assume the answer is "a different shoe" but just wanted to verify since the design and price look very attractive.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US 9, then I'd go with a 43.
UK9, then I'd go with a 44.
... But I'd print and use the size tool from the size guide (share the image) but make sure the tool is set up right and double check with a measurement.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Late to the party here but I’m in for a couple pairs.

43 in CP Achilles, Buttero Tanino and Margiela GAT
9.5E UK/10E US in John Lobb, Edward Green, Cleverly and G&G
10E Alden
11.5 in Nikes/Jordans/Adidas but i can wear 11 in sneakers with flexible uppers like Flyknits and Ultraboosts

Based on all this i think I’m a 43 in these sneakers, yeah?

I want to limit myself to two pairs but I’m struggling to decide which ones of these three to delete. I have all the basic sneakers so i want to get the three best looking ones regardless of “usability”

1. Anticato gray
2. Mustard suede
3. White kangaroo

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed correct, points to a 43. Tough for me to make a call on the choices.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a size 46 CP Achilles is long enough for me and wide enough at the ball, but the narrow toe box makes them unwearable. Anyone know if the 46 will work for me here?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indeed correct, points to a 43. Tough for me to make a call on the choices.
This is where you point me to the previously unmentioned ‘buy two get one free’ offer :laugh:

(And tyvm for the very prompt sizing help)

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a size 46 CP Achilles is long enough for me and wide enough at the ball, but the narrow toe box makes them unwearable. Anyone know if the 46 will work for me here?
Are you flat footed? These are slightly wider and slightly shorter than the Achilles low.

Maybe try the sizing tool (please double check set up by measuring the test line)

It should be fine if the above complies.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you flat footed? These are slightly wider and slightly shorter than the Achilles low.

Maybe try the sizing tool (please double check set up by measuring the test line)

It should be fine if the above complies.

Not flat footed. I have just slightly narrow feet but a lot of toe splay. About a 13.5 in a lot of dress shoes and a 14 in most sneakers. If they're shorter than the Achilles I doubt the 46 will work for me, though.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not flat footed. I have just slightly narrow feet but a lot of toe splay. About a 13.5 in a lot of dress shoes and a 14 in most sneakers. If they're shorter than the Achilles I doubt the 46 will work for me, though.
Very slightly shorter, yes they are. But wider ad the front of the CP are narrower.

The size tool will tell us a lot. Is that a US 13.5 for dress shoe, if so sounds like a 46 and if UK, 47.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the decision for white stitching on the black suede final? not sure why that was chosen, black seems like the natural choice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads