• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I don't think my. Buttero make a good sizing reference is that they are unlined with no padding which makes them feel larger than they really are. Their USP is the thick veg tan leather that they personally source or are involved in the tanning process.

I am taking the SF-01 in my Pantofola Doro sizing, at least the made in Italy Pdos, the Portugal ones feel a size smaller.

I agree with the assessment that made in Italy does not guarantee quality. Golden goose shoes didn't last me more than a year.
That is crazy had no idea pdo made some product in.Portugal

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a pair of white-white, but just noticed the price gap, 148 in USD and 139 GBP? i would assume something like 119 GBP maybe? For the record, I'm in China
Hi, I think China is localized if I'm not wrong? The price gap works in favour of the US as they have different taxes Anda lower de-minimas value. If you like you can check out from the hong Kong site and request customer service to route your shipment

ShadyDorathy

Reaction score
I just went to the site directly thru your link which led me to US, and when i checked out, it led me to UK site with GBP currency. And i just tried the HK site, it still led me to UK site when i checked out. Where do you ship out the shoes despite the different country site?
1824166374.jpg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just went to the site directly thru your link which led me to US, and when i checked out, it led me to UK site with GBP currency. And i just tried the HK site, it still led me to UK site when i checked out. Where do you ship out the shoes despite the different country site?
View attachment 1336868
Hi sorry I didn't complete my message to you, what I have suggested is a hack as any non-localized country (in this case China) incurs substantially higher costs of delivery, we use the UK price as the base and it all evens out (we have different deals for shipping, etc for different countries, the US is our biggest market so obviously we have best terms when it comes to logistics, etc there).

The trick is if you fill up all the address as normal and leave country as Hong Kong, then email customer service and let them know. This is something I shouldn't be advising but what the heck.

Last edited:

ShadyDorathy

Reaction score
Hi sorry I didn't complete my message to you, what I have suggested is a hack as any non localized country (in this case China) incurs substantially higher costs of delivery, we use the UK price as the base and it all evens out.

The trick is if you fill up all the address as normal and leave country as Hong Kong, then email customer service and let them know. This is something I shouldn't be advising but what the heck.
Thank you for prompt feedback. Now i see the trick, and let's keep it between us. LOL

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Literally just saw this on the front page and ordered the White Sole w/ White Kangaroo Upper. Crazy because I was looking for Common Projects and these look like an even better alternative not because of the similarity and price but because of the silhouette but your interaction with the community and the transparency.

Super excited to receive these in April!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just ordered. Standard grey vermin with honey colored sole.

ptfly

Reaction score
Gentlemen, Anticato Sienna vs Tan?
...it's decision time.

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
Gentlemen, Anticato Sienna vs Tan?
...it's decision time.

I have the same dilemma...gonna get bordeaux along with either Sienna or Tan, but curious to hear recommendations

ptfly

Reaction score
It being a nicer color or just being lighter?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It being a nicer color or just being lighter?
they are both different and both really nice... i guess if i got one item in each id go sienna on sneaks and whenever/if ever tan on the hw

theh00d

Reaction score
Wish I can customize the black/gum sole with the a contrasting heel like : (
haha
CP-blk1.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads