• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty confusing to me. I wear similar sizes (i.e. UK 7.5 - UK8 in most Carmina sizes). However, based on my foot measurement and size chart on your website. I am a 40.

How come a 42 would be the right size here?

Hi @Thilgela, thanks for this post or else I would've made an error if indeed it was US sizing on the AE.
Please share your measurement both length and width (as I suspect you might be a late 40 with a wide foot so 41) and hence similar with @gianm (who has E width on his AE). Did you measure standing up with someone else helping by any chance?

I honestly have no idea when it comes to Carmina sizes unfortunately. I wonder if we can ask them for help?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really digging the green anticato color! I think this color is a fun alternative to the many shades of brown that is prominent in my dress shoe arsenal. I am however having a hard time envisioning outfits/colors/ways to wear this color. Any recommendations or references to pictures on ways to wear this color?

Thank you!
It seems a popular one is green anticato with a gum sole... created by @EgoCamisas!

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
It seems a popular one is green anticato with a gum sole... created by @EgoCamisas!
Haha lol big words! It was actually my lady who wanted it and now I will feel very bad if she ends up changing her mind and not ordering it... :D but I do think it looks freaking sexy! Anyway thank you as usual for accommodating our wishes, and even better - for even creating a platform to accommodate even more of them!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man hats off to Archibald. The level of interaction with your customers is pretty insane. I keep thinking that at some point you'll snap with the endless sizing questions and super nitpicky stuff and yet you keep coming back with answers and photos. And this is for <$200 sneakers! Are you sure you want to do a GMTO for dress shoes too?
Very kind of you to say. End of the day in an overly saturated market full of sneakers we are a brand most of you are hearing of for the first time doing something we don't know anyone else in the world doing (direct to consumer on true luxury product). It is our absolute pleasure and we are better for it. Within three days of launch you have given us ideas to develop a printable size guide and to offer a custom option complete with guidance pictures.
We know we have the right products and in this case especially given this is a sneaker designed by all of you - but sitting so far from everyone behind our computer screens with no physical presence anywhere in the world, we are asking a lot from all of you... By participating (whether it is on naked pricing or not), each and every one of you is lending us your trust - trust in our copy, craftsmen, material, service the whole lot. This is the least we can do to ensure everyone receives these beautiful shoes in the correct size so they can be enjoyed immediately upon arrival! Also at the end of the day what defines a brand is the relationship it holds with its customers and community, so I hope we never lose sight of this. Not just now when every product, every experience is effectively a test and a chance to prove we really are doing what's on the tin and offering something really different... but as long as this goes on for.

P.S every order gets bothered with a size check from customer service - perhaps overkill but you never know!

I can't wait for the GMTO on the hand-welted dress shoes. We will be revising the questionnaire tomorrow and now that we are forcing so many foot measurements hopefully it will be easier when we are doing those!

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How long of the GMTO going to last?

Thilgela

Reaction score
Hi @Thilgela, thanks for this post or else I would've made an error if indeed it was US sizing on the AE.
Please share your measurement both length and width (as I suspect you might be a late 40 with a wide foot so 41) and hence similar with @gianm (who has E width on his AE). Did you measure standing up with someone else helping by any chance?

I honestly have no idea when it comes to Carmina sizes unfortunately. I wonder if we can ask them for help?

Hi @ArchibaldRoh,

Thanks for the follow-up! I measured standing-up with my wife drawing on a sheet of paper with medium weight socks. Here is what it looks like by measuring the drawing

left foot
25.9 cm length 9.1 cm width
right foot
26.3cm length 9.4 cm width

according to your size chart, that a 40. I wear 9D in AE Park Avenue (65 last), which is 42 according to your statement above.

So this is really confusing.

Thanks again for the clarification.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I’m a bit confused by the references to CP - I thought most people sized down for CP? And these archibalds fit wider?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @ArchibaldRoh,

Thanks for the follow-up! I measured standing-up with my wife drawing on a sheet of paper with medium weight socks. Here is what it looks like by measuring the drawing

left foot
25.9 cm length 9.1 cm width
right foot
26.3cm length 9.4 cm width

according to your size chart, that a 40. I wear 9D in AE Park Avenue (65 last), which is 42 according to your statement above.

So this is really confusing.

Thanks again for the clarification.
Really scratching my head on this one... The measurements point towards a 40 as you mentioned, perhaps a 41 given you are just about at the edge of the 40/41. Unsure what is going on with the AE indication... Would you mind PMing me with more comparables perhaps? Or perhaps even whatsapp, I am currently in London (GMT) but keen to get to the bottom of this...

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a bit confused by the references to CP - I thought most people sized down for CP? And these archibalds fit wider?
slightly wider than CP... If I am using the terminology right, in your case, you are between an 8 and 8.5 in most of the comparables mentioned so we sized you down to a 42.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Really scratching my head on this one... The measurements point towards a 40 as you mentioned, perhaps a 41 given you are just about at the edge of the 40/41. Unsure what is going on with the AE indication... Would you mind PMing me with more comparables perhaps? Or perhaps even whatsapp, I am currently in London (GMT) but keen to get to the bottom of this...

Thanks @ArchibaldRoh! PM'ed!

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine in white kangaroo with gum sole and Anticato calf with gum sole. Size 39, I'm a US 7.5 EEE with a high instep. Can't wait to receive the shoes, the photos look like Archibald has really hit the ball out of the park.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine in white kangaroo with gum sole and Anticato calf with gum sole. Size 39, I'm a US 7.5 EEE with a high instep. Can't wait to receive the shoes, the photos look like Archibald has really hit the ball out of the park.
Hi Joe, did you measure your feet to choose your size by any chance?.
At EEE you should go one size up on whatever the measurement tells you I think (unless you are at the start of the size). What do you wear a US 7.5 in?

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Joe, did you measure your feet to choose your size by any chance?.
At EEE you should go one size up on whatever the measurement tells you I think (unless you are at the start of the s

Thanks, I wear a US 7.5 EEE in Allen Edmonds and a US 7 EEE in Alden. I will measure my feet, haven't done so yet but I will get my son to help me.

CWV

Reaction score
How is the printable sheet coming along?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads