• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

gianm

Reaction score
I'm an 8.5D US brannock. I currently wear an 8E in Allen Edmonds 65 last and a 7-7.5 UK in most Carminas. In Nike's I've worn between an 8.5-9 US depending on how snug I want the fit. What size would be best for the SF-01s?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an 8.5D US brannock. I currently wear an 8E in Allen Edmonds 65 last and a 7-7.5 UK in most Carminas. In Nike's I've worn between an 8.5-9 US depending on how snug I want the fit. What size would be best for the SF-01s?
Sounds like a 42 to me. However, always recommend you double check with a foot measurement through the size guide. And customer service will insist on it following the order as well.

But yes, 42.

gianm

Reaction score
Sounds like a 42 to me. However, always recommend you double check with a foot measurement through the size guide. And customer service will insist on it following the order as well.

But yes, 42.

Thanks, I'll try to get a measurement. I don't have a ruler handy at present. Would you say the sizing is the same as CP lows? If so, I might go try some to check.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try to get a measurement. I don't have a ruler handy at present. Would you say the sizing is the same as CP lows? If so, I might go try some to check.
Yes it is a good indication.
Hoping to have something printable to help everyone by tomorrow.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all, a couple of pictures of our insoles. Made in Italy by Valfussbett
6BBDD607-1F06-4A85-A5BC-E0D1019E4451.jpeg

applegreen

Reaction score
Man hats off to Archibald. The level of interaction with your customers is pretty insane. I keep thinking that at some point you'll snap with the endless sizing questions and super nitpicky stuff and yet you keep coming back with answers and photos. And this is for <$200 sneakers! Are you sure you want to do a GMTO for dress shoes too?

Thilgela

Reaction score

But yes, 42.

This is pretty confusing to me. I wear similar sizes (i.e. UK 7.5 - UK8 in most carmina sizes). However, based on my foot measurement and size chart on your website. I am a 40.

How come a 42 would be the right size here?

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Hehe similar to me, but according to the measurements I should pick a 41 :D funny innit? We'll see how it turns out. Maybe the printable sheets do indeed help?

Cheers

jbspicy

Reaction score
I am really digging the green anticato color! I think this color is a fun alternative to the many shades of brown that is prominent in my dress shoe arsenal. I am however having a hard time envisioning outfits/colors/ways to wear this color. Any recommendations or references to pictures on ways to wear this color?

Thank you!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Man hats off to Archibald. The level of interaction with your customers is pretty insane. I keep thinking that at some point you'll snap with the endless sizing questions and super nitpicky stuff and yet you keep coming back with answers and photos. And this is for <$200 sneakers! Are you sure you want to do a GMTO for dress shoes too?
??? GMTO for dress shoes coming soon!

93deg

Reaction score
How's the width of these compared with CPs? I had a pair in 43 which I feel was a bit too narrow for me. For reference I am 9EE brannock, high volume foot. Size 8UK in Trickers 4497s fit 6 (wide). I'll measure when I get home, but at first glance, do you think these would fit me?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @gianm , so it seems thanks to @Thilgela I circled back to this. By trying the CP and the measurement you will get the best possible indication, however.the Allen Edmond size you quoted, is that a US or UK?
If it is US 8 that translates to a 41 as an initial assessment.
If it is a UK 8 which for some reason I interpreted, it would be a 42.

I couldn't really comment on Carmina sizing very much, unfortunately. If you measure and share as well as try the CP 41, then that should lead to a foolproof conclusion.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the width of these compared with CPs? I had a pair in 43 which I feel was a bit too narrow for me. For reference I am 9EE brannock, high volume foot. Size 8UK in Trickers 4497s fit 6 (wide). I'll measure when I get home, but at first glance, do you think these would fit me?
So these fit a little bit wider than the CP as they share the last with our Ghirlandina. Also the leather is a lot nicer from initial wear so they will be easier on the foot. I would say stick with the 43 if you made it work with the CP as these would only be better (ignore the bias).
The 8 UK Trickers points to a 43 as well.

And yes, the measurement will provide peace of mind on all conclusions!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads