• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

sinnottj

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered already, but what are the insoles like on the SF-01? Are they removable? How much padding do they offer? What type of padding (e.g. is it memory foam)?

Thanks!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @sinottj they are pretty standard removable insoles that you would expect in a luxury shoe offering and common with pretty much every real made in Italy brand (CP etc) . They are mid padded, foam and leather topped, however we will post pictures in the thread tomorrow.

We have an insole being developed with technogel but will be adding that as an additional sole option for separate purchase moving forward.

sinnottj

Reaction score
Hi @sinottj they are pretty standard removable insoles that you would expect in a luxury shoe offering and common with pretty much every real made in Italy brand (CP etc) . They are mid padded, foam and leather topped, however we will post pictures in the thread tomorrow.

We have an insole being developed with technogel but will be adding that as an additional sole option for separate purchase moving forward.

Thanks for such a fast response! The sneakers look fantastic by the way!

Sounds like they have the kind of insole you find in Astorflex shoes - don't know whether you have any experience of these to comment?

[edit] just noticed the comment about posting a picture of the insole - that would be great!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for such a fast response! The sneakers look fantastic by the way!

Sounds like they have the kind of insole you find in Astorflex shoes - don't know whether you have any experience of these to comment?

[edit] just noticed the comment about posting a picture of the insole - that would be great!
I am so glad to hear it. They really are pretty great but I try and avoid saying it due to the self-serving nature of it all.

I tried googling the astorflex insoles and couldn't find anything I recognized, unfortunately.. will post snaps on the thread tomorrow so you can see the finished ones.

sinnottj

Reaction score
I am so glad to hear it. They really are pretty great but I try and avoid saying it due to the self-serving nature of it all.

I tried googling the astorflex insoles and couldn't find anything I recognized, unfortunately.. will post snaps on the thread tomorrow so you can see the finished ones.

Brilliant - thank you

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ok another sizing query...??

I’m UK 9 in C and J, Trickers 4497s, 9.5 in converse (my only trainers!).
I’m guesstimating a 43 as slightly wider feet?

Excellent work, they look amazing.

Darkkp

Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh I bought the grey kangaroo with the gum sole. I was wondering if you will be offering brown laces to color match the soles.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
I still haven't made my order because I am so bloody undecided: the anticato sienna with gum sole? The grey kangaroo with sum sole? Or both? Or rather the anticato tan?

Man this is killing me

dhoff10

Reaction score
Just to confirm, this means it won't be a part of the pre-release exclusive to SF? I'm pretty sure I'm going to want this on my sneakers even if it costs more.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still haven't made my order because I am so bloody undecided: the anticato sienna with gum sole? The grey kangaroo with sum sole? Or both? Or rather the anticato tan?

Man this is killing me

I like anticato grey w/ white sole.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm, this means it won't be a part of the pre-release exclusive to SF? I'm pretty sure I'm going to want this on my sneakers even if it costs more.
No but we will make it available as an option at cost for everyone who orders the SF-01 when it does get released. Still in development.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh I bought the grey kangaroo with the gum sole. I was wondering if you will be offering brown laces to color match the soles.
I think the Grey comes with Grey and white but it does make sense so no reason customer service can't put a note on your order.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok another sizing query...??

I’m UK 9 in C and J, Trickers 4497s, 9.5 in converse (my only trainers!).
I’m guesstimating a 43 as slightly wider feet?

Excellent work, they look amazing.
I think a 43 sounds right going by the C and J but any chance we could run a measurement to double check?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads