• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

doofalb

Reaction score
It's not only the dress shoes but also the Feit and Buttero sneakers

Anyway, I'll check on the AE and if it's not a US 9/9.5 bug you again. Thank you!

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
27.2 cm is a firm 42, in fact you have quite the way to go to reach the 43 from a measurement standpoint.

I am just really thrown off as all the other dress shoes are coming in at 43/43.5 so yes the AE would provide a lot more clarity.
If it is an AllenEdmonds US 9/9.5 I would be convinced on the 42.

AE 9.5 is Archibald 42? My self-measurement of 10.25 inches seems to indicate 43.

doofalb

Reaction score
27.2 cm is a firm 42, in fact you have quite the way to go to reach the 43 from a measurement standpoint.

I am just really thrown off as all the other dress shoes are coming in at 43/43.5 so yes the AE would provide a lot more clarity.
If it is an AllenEdmonds US 9/9.5 I would be convinced on the 42.

To add to the confusion: just checked my Allen Edmonds: they are a 10 after all...

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE 9.5 is Archibald 42? My self-measurement of 10.25 inches seems to indicate 43.
Haha I really should do the size advice privately as one person's might confuse another. Either way every order will go through a size check.

Self measurement is more important so please follow that, 10.25 inches is 26.003cm which the size guide would call an Archibald 40.... Was there a typo in your post?

Allen Edmonds (or Church's) US 9/9.5 is an Allen Edmonds (or Church's) UK 8/8.5 which is generally an Archibald 42 for sneakers.

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add to the confusion: just checked my Allen Edmonds: they are a 10 after all...
So happy to move this to private messages... I think best thing to do is to measure both feet again whilst standing up and having someone else do the marking carefully.

We will get there. I know it's frustrating.

I have just seen the Buttero sneakers use a margom sole and look like they have quite thin uppers. If your size is a 43 there then everything (including the Allen Edmonds US 10) points towards a 43 aside from the measurement.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have funds for one pair.
Torn between the grey roo and all black......

BTW i only have Aldens to give as an example.
I wear a US8 with E-width.
I have wide n flat Asian feet with high instep.
Haven't gone around to buying a tape to measure my feet yet.
Aldens US 8 is an Aldens UK 7 which is an Archibald 41 for sneakers. The width should be accommodated.

However please do find a way to measure to confirm.

I will look into having a printable scale uploaded onto the website

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Aldens US 8 is an Aldens UK 7 which is an Archibald 41 for sneakers. The width should be accommodated.

However please do find a way to measure to confirm.

I will look into having a printable scale uploaded onto the website

A printable scale would be, stupid as it may sound, very reassuring! :p Thanks

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone... couple of updates:

In just a few minutes we will have pictures available for the SF-01 custom option. 1 view of every colour so you don't have to imagine it and can simply eyeball what it looks like more or less.

We are then completing the printable size guide and will be testing it so that will go up when ready.

P.S Black and Gum, White and Black, Anticato Tan and Blue, Anticato Blue and Gum, Anticato Green and Black, Anticato Green and Gum (@EgoCamisas), Anticato Bordeaux and Gum, all the suedes and Gum :bounce2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads