• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize for bringing up sizing again, but I'm still somewhat confused. According to the conversion table I would be a 42 based on my measurement. I haven't work a 42 since my feet "grew up" a long time ago. I'm usually a 43 or 44, for example in Butteros. How do Butteros compare? Thanks?

PS I know there's free returns, but of course I would rather avoid that even ifthe savings don't benefit me.

PPS: What about exchanges for the custom
Yes of course we would much prefer you get it right as well!

What are the measurements you are receiving?
Any other guides I could perhaps use? Common Projects, Allen Edmond, Nike etc?

PS: yes that wouldnt be great particularly with the wait.

PPS: no returns or exchanges on the custom unfortunately.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At what width would it be advisable to move up a size?
I'm measuring 26.3 cm long and just under 10 cm wide
10 cm wide is about 3.9 inches. Was it 26.3 cm standing up and with sock? To be honest 10 cm on a 26.3 cm foot is pretty wide. So I am leaving towards a 41.

Do you by any chance have any other indicators such as Allen Edmond size or common projects or Nike?

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 cm wide is about 3.9 inches. Was it 26.3 cm standing up and with sock? To be honest 10 cm on a 26.3 cm foot is pretty wide. So I am leaving towards a 41.

Do you by any chance have any other indicators such as Allen Edmond size or common projects or Nike?

Yes, standing with socks. I'm a 41 in CP (40 was too tight). Sounds like I should go with a 41 for the SF-01 too

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is unconfident with size or between two sizes with measurement, my suggestion would be to try a pair of Common Project Achilles Low for some piece of mind. The SF-01 has a more spacious fit because of the higher grade leather and difference in design but the soles are the same and it's a great way to get peace of mind.

The pre-orders are open for another 25 days or so, so there is time for a quick try on. Just an idea to again give everyone a little more confidence.

doofalb

Reaction score
Yes of course we would much prefer you get it right as well!

What are the measurements you are receiving?
Any other guides I could perhaps use? Common Projects, Allen Edmond, Nike etc?

PS: yes that wouldnt be great particularly with the wait.

PPS: no returns or exchanges on the custom unfortunately.

I measured 42.2cm

Crockett& Jones UK 9.5
Vass 43.5
Feit 43
Dinkelacker UK9/43
Weston UK 9 or 9.5 depending on last
Reiter 43

I have one pair of Allen Edmond at home that I don't know but can check in case the listed references don't help.

Thanks!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I measured 42.2cm

Crockett& Jones UK 9.5
Vass 43.5
Feit 43
Dinkelacker UK9/43
Weston UK 9 or 9.5 depending on last
Reiter 43

I have one pair of Allen Edmond at home that I don't know but can check in case the listed references don't help.

Thanks!
Sorry but is the measurement correct? 42.2 cm?

I would feel most confident with he Allen Edmonds.

From the shoes it seems you are a 43, but not from a measurement of 42.2 cm.

MattJB

Reaction score
All black is a classic. I tried avoiding them as I have it in the Ghirlandina but decided they really do fit with just about any work or evening wear.

I know this sounds weird but I was thinking of a black with gum sole as another option.
Black with white also very nice although I think I would prefer that on the v5 Ghirlandina.
Black w/ gum does sounds weird, I was trying to picture it when the custom option came out - it could work.
I was comparing the all black to the v5 Ghirlandina and was feeling the same way. I'll stick with the black/black, I don't think I will regret it and it comes with a size safety net.

doofalb

Reaction score
42.2cm is what I measure, sitting or standing.

I'll check on the AE, would you go 1:1 there?

MattJB

Reaction score
42.2cm is what I measure, sitting or standing.

I'll check on the AE, would you go 1:1 there?
That's over 16" and is a massive foot that wouldn't fit in a UK 9 or a 43. Thats my size, and my feet are more like 28cm.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's over 16" and is a massive foot that wouldn't fit in a UK 9 or a 43. Thats my size, and my feet are more like 28cm.
Yes that is why I am a little surprised. Would you by any chance be able to share or DM a picture of how the measurement is taken?

doofalb

Reaction score
Oops, sorry, I don't know what I was think. In my mind is was 42 or 43? 43 or 42...and I only thought about the .2.
Anyway, it is 27.2

At 42cm it really would have to be a custom

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, sorry, I don't know what I was think. In my mind is was 42 or 43? 43 or 42...and I only thought about the .2.
Anyway, it is 27.2

At 42cm it really would have to be a custom
27.2 cm is a firm 42, in fact you have quite the way to go to reach the 43 from a measurement standpoint.

I am just really thrown off as all the other dress shoes are coming in at 43/43.5 so yes the AE would provide a lot more clarity.
If it is an AllenEdmonds US 9/9.5 I would be convinced on the 42.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads