• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to all who have ordered or intend to order, what colors did you choose? There are so many great choices that I’m having trouble deciding!

Ordered, Anticato w/gum sole, Gray Kangaroo w/gum sole. Contemplating ordering the green, and adding the gum sole, but not sure if the size I’ve taken on the first two is correct, so....torn as to whether I want to take a chance on a special makeup.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine already told me she wants a white on white

Now I am the one who can not make up his mind. I fear I am too stingy to buy multiple pairs.

Lol. By the time these arrive, it'll be just in time for her birthday/and our dating anniversary.

I'm guessing my wife will want the white/white combo as well.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing "Anticato" mentioned a few times throughout the thread without a specific color. Did Anticato used to refer to one of the specific colors or is that just an oversight?
Anticato is what we call the hand-done colours. So you have anticato bordeaux, blue, green, sienna and tan.
For most of the anticato colours, you start with a crust calfskin (what you see named sand) and colour it using a special dye. Pulling from the site, to achieve the anticato effect, the leather is hand-coloured and polished for a period of 75 minutes by a master.

I think in each mention, users are talking about their choice of anticato colour or referencing the Anticato Siennna with Gum soles or Anticato Tan with Gum Soles

Last edited:

MattJB

Reaction score
to all who have ordered or intend to order, what colors did you choose? There are so many great choices that I’m having trouble deciding!
Mentioned earlier, but I order all black calf & anticato bordeaux. I am considering switching the all black to black calf w/ white sole. ?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mentioned earlier, but I order all black calf & anticato bordeaux. I am considering switching the all black to black calf w/ white sole. ?
All black is a classic. I tried avoiding them as I have it in the Ghirlandina but decided they really do fit with just about any work or evening wear.

I know this sounds weird but I was thinking of a black with gum sole as another option.
Black with white also very nice although I think I would prefer that on the v5 Ghirlandina.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly when I ordered the all black - its classic. Black with gum or dark navy would be great too..how dark is the anticato blue?

If SF-02 comes out in all black might have to kop that too.

doofalb

Reaction score
I apologize for bringing up sizing again, but I'm still somewhat confused. According to the conversion table I would be a 42 based on my measurement. I haven't work a 42 since my feet "grew up" a long time ago. I'm usually a 43 or 44, for example in Butteros. How do Butteros compare? Thanks?

PS I know there's free returns, but of course I would rather avoid that even ifthe savings don't benefit me.

PPS: What about exchanges for the custom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads