• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Torn between the two white options. What's the biggest difference with Kangaroo leather? I've handled most leathers, but not Kangaroo.
Kangaroo leather is pretty cool on a sneaker. It's very resistant and generally a stronger leather but very light. We actually learned all about it from our football boots.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I messured my feet. The left one is 27cm and the right one is 26.5cm (though wider o with a weird little toe).
I usually measure 42|43EU 9|9.5US in (some times 9 is too narrow for my right toes -like in Loake capital last, the 8UK hurts me by the end of the day-).
What size would you recommend 41 or 42?
I would say according to the numbers above, and you maybe do a second check with the measurements.. 41. I would have suggested the 42 if the right foot didn't come out so much smaller - it would mean you will be floating in the 41's.

Have you had experience with brands like CP before? If so what did you wear on them... if it's a 41 then everything points to a 41.

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I am mostly caught up here, please do just nudge me if I missed your question out. Apologies in advance.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kangaroo leather is pretty cool on a sneaker. It's very resistant and generally a stronger leather but very light. We actually learned all about it from our football boots.

No option for white kangaroo leather on white sole - correct?

Torulf

Reaction score
I will likely pass on this although I really love the design, colors etc, mainly because I'm downright PISSED. When processing the order and selecting shipping address to the EU country I'm in the price increases with 30% and adds a shipping cost.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will likely pass on this although I really love the design, colors etc, mainly because I'm downright PISSED. When processing the order and selecting shipping address to the EU country I'm in the price increases with 30% and adds a shipping cost.
Hi Torulf, that shouldn't be happening. Where are you shipping to and what is the price you are getting?
All prices have been calculated without us taking a margin so I am curious as to what is happening here.

Are you going from dollars to euros? If so there is a difference in taxes etc and of course the exchange rate.

There should only be a shipping cost on non localized countries with most countries being localized.

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No option for white kangaroo leather on white sole - correct?
I want to allow a set of special requests so will be having a chat with @OrlandoMo tomorrow. As long as they stick to the four sole options, I would be game to allow this. We would however not be able to do returns on these as it would be per request.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to be getting a lot of messages on whatsapp regarding allowing friends to order. The link does work and can be shared with your friends if you would like them to see the SF-01.

The only thing is this was developed by the community as something for the community here so WE will not be sharing it outside the channel, but you may.

To that effect it is really up to you as we aren't exactly verifying whether someone is a styleforum user prior to them making the purchase but rather assuming all traffic to the page is coming solely from Styleforums channels and of course any announcement to all those who answered the questionnaire. For example it is not even being announced to our customer base in our newsletter.

I would suggest that anyone outside the community it is shared with is encouraged to join the community and partake in future initiatives as this could grow into something really great. Would also be cool if they acknowledge all the work you all have put into getting it here and partake in the future. Hope that makes sense?

dhoff10

Reaction score
I keep thinking I should remove the NIKE indication and just force everyone to measure their feet... but we actually did that because it seemed people get totally confused between sneakers such as this which are sized like dress shoes and commercial/sporting sneakers like NIKE. The conversion does in fact work in order to reinforce the measurement... With the follow-up size checks we do after purchase etc, we surprisingly have quite a low error rate. I guess the challenge is how do we display it so its easier to understand.

Open to suggestions, please.

Really if you own a CP it is the best way to feel more confident with your measurements as this sizes very similarly.
I think it's straight forward. The only issue I had is apparently the guide isn't right for the high top. Using your guide for my dress shoes they fit perfectly.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brief 30sec-1min i tried on a CP once....i find it very narrow for my feet.

Does the price of the shoe cover any local tax n duties?
I am looking at shipping to Asia.

HI Takashi each country we have localized experiences for has a price made up to include the shipping and taxes etc... So in Asia, this would be Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan (where we are actually setting up a base so will be fully localized soon). All these four countries have localized pricing in the local currency, but if there are any questions do let us know. Customer Support makes far less mistakes than I do these days... [email protected]

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to order 3 pairs (white calf, white kangaroo, dark brown calf) but given that continental EU has no free returns / exchange I need to ensure the sizing is right (btw why does the US have this option while the EU does not? :) )

anyway, what size should fit the best (I prefer a bit snug fit):

My feet is usually UK 7-7,5 ; EU 41,5

They measure.:
in CMSeatedStanding
length (heel to toe)25,526
width (widest point)10,511

Had a long conversation with our craftsmen today during which I raised your question and they easily concluded it will be a 40 for you.

They walked through the process with me and we will be reflecting new learnings within all size check emails following orders as well as on the size charts. It seems so far every order has been done properly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads