• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look gorgeous. Thanks Archibald!

I know it has already been mentioned somewhere but I guess the sneakers, as most are, are not resolable. Adding a service to resole them, if possible at all, would really make all the difference.

Thanks again guys. I am normally not a big wearer of sneakers and now I was hyped with this project - now I am super excited.
Thank you and glad you like them!

Given the quality of the uppers, I don't see why these couldn't be re-soled but what we will do is run a couple of tests with our Ghirlandina's and if it works out we will add this as a service right through.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Thank you and glad you like them!

Given the quality of the uppers, I don't see why these couldn't be re-soled but what we will do is run a couple of tests with our Ghirlandina's and if it works out we will add this as a service right through.
Sounds freaking great! Thank you!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They look gorgeous. Thanks Archibald!

I know it has already been mentioned somewhere but I guess the sneakers, as most are, are not resolable. Adding a service to resole them, if possible at all, would really make all the difference.

Thanks again guys. I am normally not a big wearer of sneakers and now I was hyped with this project - now I am super excited.
Thanks! Very excited about the project too. I asked our craftsman if he can offer us a re-soling service, we’ll keep you updated

dhoff10

Reaction score
Did you first choose the 44 having measured your foot or by going by the admittedly odd "equivalent size in most sneakers" row which we have now amended to "equivalent size in NIKE sneakers" and truthfully I might just remove?

If I remember correctly, yours was a high-top Ghirlandina and that does tend to mean a variation and in some instances ,particularly ones on the edge of the measurement chart, it's worth sizing up on the high top.

On these, I would be almost certain you are a 45.
I measured at 11.35" but probably did something wrong. But yes a US 12 almost always fits and it seemed to line up with your guide. Thanks for the feedback I'll switch my order to two 45s.

Rewiag

Reaction score
I plan to order 3 pairs (white calf, white kangaroo, dark brown calf) but given that continental EU has no free returns / exchange I need to ensure the sizing is right (btw why does the US have this option while the EU does not? :) )

anyway, what size should fit the best (I prefer a bit snug fit):

My feet is usually UK 7-7,5 ; EU 41,5

They measure.:
in CMSeatedStanding
length (heel to toe)25,526
width (widest point)10,511

ixk

Reaction score
They are resolable if you have the same outsole. One reason why cobblers say they can't resole sneakers, if that they don't have a hangar with thousands of nike/adidas outsoles to draw from.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Double leather, 360-degree storm welt. :slayer:

Savage113

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice and help. It also tally with my past experience and gut feel. I think the size guide is completely confusing and also likely to lead to a high error rate. Would it be worth revising it?

CWV

Reaction score
I messured my feet. The left one is 27cm and the right one is 26.5cm (though wider o with a weird little toe).
I usually measure 42|43EU 9|9.5US in (some times 9 is too narrow for my right toes -like in Loake capital last, the 8UK hurts me by the end of the day-).
What size would you recommend 41 or 42?

Last edited:

styleforumuser

Reaction score
Torn between the two white options. What's the biggest difference with Kangaroo leather? I've handled most leathers, but not Kangaroo.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to get a pair as a gift for a friend what size would be best? His foot is 10’ 5/8 and 4.5 inches wide. A 42 would be best..?

It is a toss-up between a 41 and 42....because of the width. I would go for a 41. Does he own other Italian sneakers such as CP? That might help close the discussion

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to order 3 pairs (white calf, white kangaroo, dark brown calf) but given that continental EU has no free returns / exchange I need to ensure the sizing is right (btw why does the US have this option while the EU does not? :) )

anyway, what size should fit the best (I prefer a bit snug fit):

My feet is usually UK 7-7,5 ; EU 41,5

They measure.:
in CMSeatedStanding
length (heel to toe)25,526
width (widest point)10,511

Haha firstly, thrilled you found three you like. We will I am sure have it set up in time however at the moment do not have the infrastructure to support the issuance of the postage.

I am a little worried that there is such a large discrepancy from 25.5 to 26. This is a choice between a 39 and 40, I'll start a chat with you and we can work it out.

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice and help. It also tally with my past experience and gut feel. I think the size guide is completely confusing and also likely to lead to a high error rate. Would it be worth revising it?
I keep thinking I should remove the NIKE indication and just force everyone to measure their feet... but we actually did that because it seemed people get totally confused between sneakers such as this which are sized like dress shoes and commercial/sporting sneakers like NIKE. The conversion does in fact work in order to reinforce the measurement... With the follow-up size checks we do after purchase etc, we surprisingly have quite a low error rate. I guess the challenge is how do we display it so its easier to understand.

Open to suggestions, please.

Really if you own a CP it is the best way to feel more confident with your measurements as this sizes very similarly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads