• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
no no, I need these with you guys asap. As long as the post office is working they will be and we will work it out.

One thing is for sure, after this, we need to change the name of the SF-01... something about this particular collab seems to ensure disaster strikes
Please, anything but SF-19

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Please, anything but SF-19
:-D
Rohan, sent you a message on SF. Please get back to me when you have a moment. I sympathize with you! This year must have been so annoying for you.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:-D
Rohan, sent you a message on SF. Please get back to me when you have a moment. I sympathize with you! This year must have been so annoying for you.
Hi there, yes i have seen it. Will get back to you as soon as I have a chance to speak with Orlando. I am totally confused about the entire situation so just want to clarify with him first.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Hi there, yes i have seen it. Will get back to you as soon as I have a chance to speak with Orlando. I am totally confused about the entire situation so just want to clarify with him first.
Thanks Rohan. Would love them. Look forward to hearing from you.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the good news is there is an end in sight.

As of last Friday, couriers have resumed road services in Europe so we can take that route towards arranging a service through them and not being reliant on individual drivers. This is significantly more expensive but at this point, these shoes are a total loss for us anyway so we are marking it as a cost of doing business and part of brand and product development.

The idea to despatch out of Europe: Italy seems a country full of red tape and we don't have a man on the ground there at the moment - actually looking to hire someone now (if anyone has anyone). The craftsmen are all understaffed as many of the artisans are older when it comes to our set-up so they can't do it and although it is an option to set up with a fulfillment agency we no longer have anyone who can jump a plane and go sort these things out.

The UK is in full national lockdown a situation there is talk of being escalated further (movement for only essential workers - nurses etc).

So all will come to the UK, they are pre-packed in Green Archibald boxes and then subsequent despatch. Pictures will be posted live as usual of their arrival and subsequent despatch. Safe despatch protocols will be taken with two members of staff working the shift when the shoes occur - both tested and as I effectively live in our current forwarding center (I will be one :) )

If anything I hope at the end of all this you all receive a (near or) perfect shoe and we all have a story to tell. One involving a shoe, a global pandemic, politics, trade deals and you all.

Rewiag

Reaction score
The idea to despatch out of Europe: Italy seems a country full of red tape and we don't have a man on the ground there at the moment - actually looking to hire someone now (if anyone has anyone). The craftsmen are all understaffed as many of the artisans are older when it comes to our set-up so they can't do it and although it is an option to set up with a fulfillment agency we no longer have anyone who can jump a plane and go sort these things out.

what kind of numbers are we talking about here (boxes should be dispatched from Italy)?
Are you looking for someone just for this project or full time?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what kind of numbers are we talking about here (boxes should be dispatched from Italy)?
Are you looking for someone just for this project or full time?

Part-time at first (I wouldn't be opposed to full time either), however with the launch of Table and with Italy already the biggest supplier and numbers increasing. The role would be business development, perfect for a smart graduate, and will involve setting up the infrastructure, manage existing lines on the ground and also will help us step up product development on the ground with existing craftsmen.

I am posting on Linkedin, so will share the job description imminently.

pronecessitate

Reaction score
Looks like I will be slapped with 25 % VAT plus administration fees here in Denmark for goods shipped from the UK. Plus there's also a risk of tariff fees since the goods weren't made in the UK and have a value above 140 GBP from what I understand.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I will be slapped with 25 % VAT plus administration fees here in Denmark for goods shipped from the UK. Plus there's also a risk of tariff fees since the goods weren't made in the UK and have a value above 140 GBP from what I understand.

No you will not. This was the first consideration I promised would not happen.

Moving forward however, we have updated the terms and conditions and pricing such that for any order made on the 11th Jan onwards, it is the responsibility of the customer. But that is moving forward until we solve a workflow.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, how exactly are you going to prevent that?

European customers will be taken care of individually at time of shipment. Again, we have acknowledged it wouldnt be fair on them to be responsible for additional charges on these items that have been delayed.

Rewiag

Reaction score
European customers will be taken care of individually at time of shipment. Again, we have acknowledged it wouldnt be fair on them to be responsible for additional charges on these items that have been delayed.

thats good to hear, but still in the dark about the "how"?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats good to hear, but still in the dark about the "how"?
Main thing is if there is a charge then we will be crediting the amount.

But going forward as of today, it is no longer something we will be taking care of. European orders are effectively treated as Canadian orders and therefore any taxes are for the customer to pay.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads