• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty interesting..what about having this on the tongue?
From what I understand this was proposed as something literally written by the craftsmen under the in-sole. Also a bit confused how it would work once you go up into higher numbers?

Ninety-seven of 888 doesn't look as nice. and Eight hundred and eighty eight of 888 looks even worse.

I think it would have to be XXX of XXX and then the craftsmen's signature?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I voted for nothing on the tongue, but would be ok with either the LE notation or logo. I think having both would look rather busy. Of the 2, I'd prefer the LE notation because it seems more subtle or indirect.
I think the best thing to do is to stick only the logo on the tongue. @OrlandoMo is exploring the possibility of having this as an option whilst you make the order itself.
Self-serving as it might seem but the way it is done (hand-stamped) adds a real craft look to the shoe. It looks less typical.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about some reference to SF, either on the insole, outsole or the tongue? Excuse me if this has already been proposed. Cheers
Honestly, I think it is sort of important, perhaps on the underside of the tongue? At least as SF-01 or something.

The plan is for the box to definitely have it so let's see.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
From what I understand this was proposed as something literally written by the craftsmen under the in-sole. Also a bit confused how it would work once you go up into higher numbers?

Ninety-seven of 888 doesn't look as nice. and Eight hundred and eighty eight of 888 looks even worse.

The way I understood it is to have it invariably as "One of XXX" for all XXX shoes, so no pair would be more attractive and all of them would really be equal. But maybe I misunderstood him.

Cheers

NonChalant321

Reaction score

If I understand the proposed idea correctly, it was for every single one of the 888 units to have exactly same writing "ONE of 888"..

CWV

Reaction score
FWIW I voted for nothing on the tongue, but would be ok with either the LE notation or logo. I think having both would look rather busy. Of the 2, I'd prefer the LE notation because it seems more subtle or indirect.

When they proposed the tong,
I understood it would be the inside of it.

takashi78

Reaction score
The way I understood it is to have it invariably as "One of XXX" for all XXX shoes, so no pair would be more attractive and all of them would really be equal. But maybe I misunderstood him.

Cheers
If I understand the proposed idea correctly, it was for every single one of the 888 units to have exactly same writing "ONE of 888"..

That is correct.

MattJB

Reaction score
That is correct.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with number products, but my feeling is that this kind of takes away from the individuality of each unit made. Part of the reason behind having numbered pieces is to have a unique number, which makes each one different from the next.

Having "One of 100" on every single pair defeats this purpose and effectively makes them all identical. Is this generally a standard practice, or is Monaco really the only company that has done this? If they're the only ones, I wouldn't want to just copy their idea either (which would also make their "ONE OF XXX" & our "ONE OF XXX" less unique).

If it's a standard practice with special edition products, or was an idea that a SF member originally came up with (before any other companies had done it) I think I'd be more accepting of it.

Rewiag

Reaction score
Having "One of 100" on every single pair defeats this purpose and effectively makes them all identical. Is this generally a standard practice, or is Monaco really the only company that has done this?

This is pretty standard on LE products. Another example (watch until 6:30):

This also simplifies production and eliminates bad taste if you end up receiving a pair with a number you do not like.

MattJB

Reaction score
This is pretty standard on LE products. Another example (watch until 6:30):
MEDIA=youtube]ezpvGqjur_o:298[/MEDIA]

This also simplifies production and eliminates bad taste if you end up receiving a pair with a number you do not like.

Understood, thanks for clarifying. If it's a fairly standard practice then I'm much more open to the idea.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is to stick only the logo on the tongue. @OrlandoMo is exploring the possibility of having this as an option whilst you make the order itself.
Self-serving as it might seem but the way it is done (hand-stamped) adds a real craft look to the shoe. It looks less typical.
Yes the logo is do-able, I would keep it without it and give the option to customers to add it (Archibald London on the tongue) if they want to.

For the numbers on the inside of the tongue, it would be very cool. I'm just double checking with the craftsman what the best choice would be. Maybe we could write a code like Size-Colour-Model-Serial Number, what do you think?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes the logo is do-able, I would keep it without it and give the option to customers to add it (Archibald London on the tongue) if they want to.

For the numbers on the inside of the tongue, it would be very cool. I'm just double checking with the craftsman what the best choice would be. Maybe we could write a code like Size-Colour-Model-Serial Number, what do you think?

I would choose these options if they were available.

CWV

Reaction score

Maybe the logo could be in the same color as the sneaker? That way it doesn’t alter the clean look

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics