• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me, B, but I know there are many purists that will only consider A or not even that and prefer buying a second or third white/white...
It just confuses me, when I see someone in black shoes or white tennis shoes all the time, it’s the same as when someone buys a white or black automobile, I scratch my head. Just does not compute. I’m looking for a new Porsche now since someone crashed into me and totaled mine. All that’s on the used market are white, black and silver 911’s, and black leather interior. I don’t get it.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro tip:
You can get a bag of melamine sponges on Amazon for really cheap.
Cleans white soles amazingly fast.
Yup, Mr.Clean Magic Erasers did clean my sole and upper on my old white/white sneakers really quick. But, I still prefer the White/Gum lol

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
It just confuses me, when I see someone in black shoes or white tennis shoes all the time, it’s the same as when someone buys a white or black automobile, I scratch my head. Just does not compute. I’m looking for a new Porsche now since someone crashed into me and totaled mine. All that’s on the used market are white, black and silver 911’s, and black leather interior. I don’t get it.
997 gen 2 (2009+) is the sweet spot in my view.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Mom

Personally, I much prefer a White/Gum over the White/White. Gum sole looks a bit more appealing to the eye as it adds a bit more contrast, along with showing less dirt and such. I would only go White/White if you plan on dressing it up more often, with say business casual fits

I am not a friend of wearing sneakers for business casual but for that case I'd think an anticato sienna with gum sole and a matching belt is casual but more elegant than the ubiquitous white/white combo

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I occasionally wear these to work since the box leather gives it a dressy look, and will wear my black SF-01s as well (box leather SF-01s, anyone?)
Screenshot_20200919-073552_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

Initially thought white sneakers are just not practical most days out of the year since they stand out too much as "sneakers" in the office, its either raining or snowing here in the NYC area coupled with lots of walking through dirty streets, and the white sneakers i have already barely get wear time for those reasons.

But the white SF-01s I've seen in your pics and my wife's pair just look so damn nice and clean. The v2 is going to look even more finished. Its tempting to cop, but white vs gum sole is the question (both is not an option).

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should be online end of the week I think.
Cool, just haven't seen them mentioned much as of late so was curious where the progress was on them. I may have to replace my Adidas NMD R1's with a pair lol

Melbourneman

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if this post is in wrong spot or already answered. Im here as I intend to order the v2 all white.
Can anyone recommend a shoe tree for this sneaker?
Also can these sneakers be resoled?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if this post is in wrong spot or already answered. Im here as I intend to order the v2 all white.
1. Any shoe tree with a decent heel will work, like the twin tube or split toe ones.
2. As of now they cannot be re-soled as there is no service for this, but may be possible in the future

CWV

Reaction score
You could get yourself some lasted trees

Melbourneman

Reaction score
1. Any shoe tree with a decent heel will work, like the twin tube or split toe ones.
2. As of now they cannot be re-soled as there is no service for this, but may be possible in the future
Thanks for the response. I think I should’ve been more specific re the resoling. What I meant was, can my local cobbler resole these? Is original sole glued to the upper, causing the top layer of leather to rip off when removing the original sole?

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I think I should’ve been more specific re the resoling. What I meant was, can my local cobbler resole these? Is original sole glued to the upper, causing the top layer of leather to rip off when removing the original sole?

Theoretically yes, but in a video Archibald posted destroying the shoes they could pull the sole apart and the upper was unscathed. It can have been a matter of luck though, the shoes are too new and nobody has tried actually resoling them yet

boot_owl

Reaction score

I just use some cheap ones that look the same as the woodlore epics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads