• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
We also just had a quick idea for the packaging. How about we do special boxes for these where we have everyone who is involved in the first pre-order (which I assume comprises of the people who answered the questionnaire) printed on the inside of the box with their location or hometown which we can pull from the shipping address used in the order so there isn't more work for everyone to complete?.

What do you all think of that? for example: FirstName, LastName - Town, Country?

@LA Guy as this is a collab with SF what do you think?
I'd love that!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't normal optical eyewear be an option as well? One would only need to order different lenses. I have an idea for something missing in your catalogue I would love to see.

I am wearing one of your glasses right now and they are great!

Oh definitely! Everything exists as either eyeglasses or sunglasses... we assign each one per order according to the lens desired which is what allows to double-use the stock. The only downside I guess is the lead time, people often want sunglasses really quick but because each is individually glazed on order it takes the 8 business days or so.

Glad to hear you like them!

CWV

Reaction score
Sure, we'll have the size guide with a "how to measure your feet" graphic so that it will be clear to anyone. For the suede and anticato colours, we're talking to our supplier to see what can we use but for sure we'll have them in at least 4/5 different colours. Regarding the stitching for the kangaroo ones, we'll check with our stitcher what could work best.

The stitching was referring to the suade ones and it was just an idea. I don’t know what the other users think about it.
Could you post a link to the sizing guidance please?

Will we be able to see a sample of the other colours before ordering time? Ie grey kangaroo, antocato , other shades of suade?

Last edited:

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The stitching was referring to the suade ones and it was just an idea. I don’t know what the other users think about it.

Will we be able to see a sample of the other colours before ordering time? Ie grey kangaroo, antocato , other shades of suade?
Sure, we’re taking the pictures of all the different colours before opening for pre-orders. The size guide will be on the SF-01 page in our website, so you can find the right size before ordering the sneakers.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Archibald people..can you comment on differences noted between the black SF-01 and Ghirlandina Black Edition? The obvious is of course the branding but it would be interesting to hear from you guys given your familiarity with all the details and process.

Zmitchem

Reaction score
Are you able to provide a width size guide? I know you have answered my question on width a few times, I am just curious if my normal Allen Edmonds size 10.5 (3E) is sufficient or if I need to go to an 11 to accommodate fully for my wide foot.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will we be able to see a sample of the other colours before ordering time? Ie grey kangaroo, anticato , other shades of suade?
Hi there, for the size guide it should match the Ghirlandina (https://www.archibaldlondon.com/collection/product/the-ghirlandina-low-top-leather-sneakers-v5), however best to wait for confirmation from the craftsmen and the upload of the SF-01 online as it might slightly differ with the study of this one.

Yes we are trying to get every orderable option online so you can see them. Anything which will carry a minimum (be it for sole colour etc) will be clearly marked. For example, let's say we offer a tonal blue suede and tonal blue anticato online - if we hit a total of roughly 200 between them, then that is do-able. It works in my head.

The classics, however, will all be available from word go regardless of how many orders.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you able to provide a width size guide? I know you have answered my question on width a few times, I am just curious if my normal Allen Edmonds size 10.5 (3E) is sufficient or if I need to go to an 11 to accommodate fully for my wide foot.
Let us try and get this for you. @OrlandoMo, surely it is something we can sort out?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Archibald people..can you comment on differences noted between the black SF-01 and Ghirlandina Black Edition? The obvious is of course the branding but it would be interesting to hear from you guys given your familiarity with all the details and process.
I am probably not the best as I am not the designer but I'll give it a crack.
So the SF-01 is more contemporary, a lower and sleeker silhouette. The jacket is slimmer and closes in a far more contemporary way. The leather used on both is the same, the internal padding that the survey came out with is similar on both the SF-01 has a little more padding on the tongue than the Ghirlandina as was requested.

The Ghirlandina is our take on a retro sneaker and has been described as a tennis shoe style more than once. Personally I love the Ghirlandina, particularly the v5 (we skipped 4 as it's an unlucky number). We regularly call in sneakers from the top luxury offerings and I can't think of one I prefer even though many will say I am biased.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also just had a quick idea for the packaging. How about we do special boxes for these where we have everyone who is involved in the first pre-order (which I assume comprises of the people who answered the questionnaire) printed on the inside of the box with their location or hometown which we can pull from the shipping address used in the order so there isn't more work for everyone to complete?.

What do you all think of that? for example: FirstName, LastName - Town, Country?

Yes, we can definitely do that, if our members are interested!

takashi78

Reaction score

That is a great idea!
Just throwing ideas out since it's been brought up.
Instead of the box, where most will just be chucked in the closet once the shoes are out, why not have it printed somewhere on the shoe?
But i guess that would bring the cost up by a lot?

As far as boxes go, i would prefer minimalist with as eco friendly materials as possible.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great idea!
Just throwing ideas out since it's been brought up.
Instead of the box, where most will just be chucked in the closet once the shoes are out, why not have it printed somewhere on the shoe?
But i guess that would bring the cost up by a lot?

As far as boxes go, i would prefer minimalist with as eco-friendly materials as possible.
Hi Takashi, I think putting it onto the product would cause a bit of a problem as it would drastically alter the design. It seems the desire here following the data from the questionnaire was for a very clean, minimalist sneaker. The community even voted against the Archibald logo on the tongue which personally I think looks quite nice but this is after all by and for the community so...

Regarding cost, not sure how it would affect it. I guess it would drive it up quite a bit, yes.

ixk

Reaction score
Maybe this was proposed earlier, but how about numbering the shoes, since it's a limited edition? Just a quick scribble somewhere in the lining.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads