• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

CWV

Reaction score
I can’t remember the last time I bought a pair of shoes at a B&M.

Purchasing shoes online is indeed the case for likely the overwhelming majority of SF members. I don’t remember the last time I purchased shoes at a brick and mortar store.

Not so easy to do when you are charged 30-50 USD for shipping and for returns to and from South America

CWV

Reaction score
Ah so excited to hear!

Yes, definitely. I would love to do some GMTO's on the hand-welted shoes and perhaps even a leather bag of some sort?

I would do it as big as the community would like it to be. A truly special pair, even some work on the last.

A leather backpack would be cool

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not so easy to do when you are charged 30-50 USD for shipping and for returns to and from South America

Sounds like you’re in an unfortunate situation. Stuck with whatever a particular vendor has for you. That sucks man; of course, that’s what’s so great about the internet, there are great rewards available. However, nothing in life comes without risk and or trade offs.

CWV

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re in an unfortunate situation. Stuck with whatever a particular vendor has for you. That sucks man; of course, that’s what’s so great about the internet, there are great rewards available. However, nothing in life comes without risk and or trade offs.

Yes. And the amazing thing is that I have not been able to find good shoes in the neighbourhood -except maybe Correa in Argentina.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh I'm expecting a pair of your hand welted shoes in the mail today - can't wait to try it on.

Would GMTOs through this forum be a possibility like there are for a few other brands?
Hi, @dhoff10 did your shoes arrive? I think you might be the first person on the forums to get one (at least that I directly know of) so excited to hear thoughts.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. And the amazing thing is that I have not been able to find good shoes in the neighbourhood -except maybe Correa in Argentina.
Well we are here to help right this wrong. We can figure out your size in one shot and then from there the experience is hopefully that much easier.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
For the SF-01 specifically they will be open-laced but rest assured we will be running this back for different forms of shoe. The SF-02 will be a slip on and then my guess is SF-03 the closed lace version.

I would also like to do something with our hand-welted collection because they are just outstanding. Actual works of art and so comfortable and ultimately we wouldn't have even known they were hand-welted if not for Styleforum. We almost owe it to you all to do something special.

SF-02...already excited for it.

dhoff10

Reaction score
Hi, @dhoff10 did your shoes arrive? I think you might be the first person on the forums to get one (at least that I directly know of) so excited to hear thoughts.
Truly an elegant pair of shoes. And I can't imagine shoes fitting any better, almost like it was my personal last. They were comfortable with the try on and will need no break-in. Unfortunately I'm not the most experienced SFer
with dress shoes to make useful comparisons, but I'm tempted to buy an Enzo Bonafe just so I can rigorously say you've bested them.
IMG_20191125_124150.jpg
IMG_20191125_124311.jpg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truly an elegant pair of shoes. And I can't imagine shoes fitting any better, almost like it was my personal last. They were comfortable with the try on and will need no break-in. Unfortunately I'm not the most experienced SFer
with dress shoes to make useful comparisons, but I'm tempted to buy an Enzo Bonafe just so I can rigorously say you've bested them. View attachment 1287753 View attachment 1287754
Really happy to hear you like them... hahaha confident but also humbly curious as to how it pans out in your test!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, Update again.

So we have the following samples confirmed from our craftsmen.

White Calf, White Sole, Tan Interior
Black Calf, Black Sole, Tan Interior
White Kangaroo, Gum sole, White Interior

with the anticato and suede pairs we are still seeing what we can do re minimums for the soles. Getting samples done is less of a problem but I also want to ensure we are being realistic with the choices offered in the first release so that we ensure everything is do-able and also at the same time make sure that there is something for everyone who has taken part.

current Anticato uppers:

Anticato Tan
Anticato Red
Anticato Grey
Anticato Navy

current Suede uppers:

Navy
Chocolate
Beige

Sole color TBD, Tan Interior

CWV

Reaction score
Hi All, Update again.

So we have the following samples confirmed from our craftsmen.

White Calf, White Sole, Tan Interior
Black Calf, Black Sole, Tan Interior
White Kangaroo, Gum sole, White Interior

with the anticato and suede pairs we are still seeing what we can do re minimums for the soles. Getting samples done is less of a problem but I also want to ensure we are being realistic with the choices offered in the first release so that we ensure everything is do-able and also at the same time make sure that there is something for everyone who has taken part.

current Anticato uppers:

Anticato Tan
Anticato Red
Anticato Grey
Anticato Navy

current Suede uppers:

Navy
Chocolate
Beige

Sole color TBD, Tan Interior

Great news. With the situation at the moment, when would you be spectng the final product t be ready for shipping.?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great news. With the situation at the moment, when would you be spectng the final product t be ready for shipping.?

I always feel it is best to underpromise and beat expectations so I would say March 8th arrival in your hands... @OrlandoMo will be taking care of production timelines etc. It also depends on how fast orders come in and we can subsequently move forward.

For white, black and maybe gum soles it should not be a problem so we should beat expectations by quite an amount.

For anything offered with another color sole, we would only be able to proceed once a certain threshold has been ordered. Especially since these will be available for order entirely at what it costs us to deliver them.

So we will play the situation to get whatever we can deliver fast done and delivered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads