• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

drewzter

Reaction score
a sueded version would be nice to have as one of the 3 models but I'm actually a little undecided with the colors.. well, all black I approve

K. Nights

Reaction score
I think:

1) smooth calf in a mid brown with a cream or tonal sole
2) all white calf
3) suede of some kind

would be ideal. Or something more novel like this mauve or aubergine
sonata-mauve-ppg-timeless-paint-colors-hdppgr12-08e-64_1000.jpg
MR1006-Aubergine-Matrix.jpg

CWV

Reaction score
I think that we should not start voicing our individual likings. We should work with the survey”s information

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I think that we should not start voicing our individual likings. We should work with the survey”s information
I completed the survey and then realized after the fact that I missed the submission window. In any case, I guess 1 responder might not make a big difference but maybe there are more like myself? I don't know.

That said, it seems like there are quite a few people voicing black with black soles - not sure if they're all accounted for in the survey. If we're only dealing with the answers strictly from the survey then so be it, but it was my understanding that the survey was a starting point for an open discussion rather than the boundaries of a confined one.

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
I completed the survey and then realized after the fact that I missed the submission window. In any case, I guess 1 responder might not make a big difference but maybe there are more like myself? I don't know.

That said, it seems like there are quite a few people voicing black with black soles - not sure if they're all accounted for in the survey. If we're only dealing with the answers strictly from the survey then so be it, but it was my understanding that the survey was a starting point for an open discussion rather than the boundaries of a confined one.
Maybe you are right. I just worrie that everyone of us will start voicing their likings and thus making the survey redundant or buring it under a pile of not sistematizad information difficult to work with

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's important to discuss the results of the survey and think about other possible solutions. Right now we're actually reading all your comments and making a 1 question survey (basically a poll but with a nicer design) on how to make the 5th sample, live on next Monday/Tuesday. As said, it's not rocket science, but we just want to make sure everyone has his ideas voiced

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

dhoff10

Reaction score
I liked some of the options (antiCato is cool and unique in sneakers) but I want to insist on the off-white soles instead of white. Otherwise there is too much contrast and are too affected by dirt
I was also a little disappointed by the low number of non-white sole options

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No problem, we could get some off-white soles done by our producers just to see how they’ll look with the final prototypes

ArchibaldRoh

Reaction score
Hi all, i just wanted to chip in here eventhough i guess my opinions can be seen as a little self serving.

Colour is an important consideration but over the past few months I think i have given every friend, family member or acquaintance a headache by popping into every store i pass that sells sneakers (be it entry level right through to high luxe) and trying them out for fit, comfort, quality, material and of course look.

To say this is a saturated market is no understatement but still it seems no one has gotten it completely spot on.

I think the important thing here is to get some samples (perhaps even slightly varied) made by our craftsmen in a few base colours such as white/white sole, black/black sole, anticato/off-white and perhaps one suede option and use these simple ones to determine if we are aesthetically on the right lines from a design, comfort and function point of view as far as the data from questionaire points towards.

The anticatos seem to be the popular coloured pairs and the advantage is they can be done in a range of colours so we aren't really limited on that offering as it is always a crust base that is hand coloured (unless we want a deeper anticato in which case a sienna base can be used).

Colour is easy for us to navigate once we have the pair created, pictured and it is something you are happy with in the base itself.

What do you think?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i just wanted to chip in here eventhough i guess my opinions can be seen as a little self serving.

Colour is an important consideration but over the past few months I think i have given every friend, family member or acquaintance a headache by popping into every store i pass that sells sneakers (be it entry level right through to high luxe) and trying them out for fit, comfort, quality, material and of course look.

To say this is a saturated market is no understatement but still it seems no one has gotten it completely spot on.

I think the important thing here is to get some samples (perhaps even slightly varied) made by our craftsmen in a few base colours such as white/white sole, black/black sole, anticato/off-white and perhaps one suede option and use these simple ones to determine if we are aesthetically on the right lines from a design, comfort and function point of view as far as the data from questionaire points towards.

The anticatos seem to be the popular coloured pairs and the advantage is they can be done in a range of colours so we aren't really limited on that offering as it is always a crust base that is hand coloured (unless we want a deeper anticato in which case a sienna base can be used).

Colour is easy for us to navigate once we have the pair created, pictured and it is something you are happy with in the base itself.

What do you think?
To be honest, if executed well, I would buy all of the pairs you mentioned.

CWV

Reaction score
I think the silhouette is key, but to opinion on it we need real photos.
About the comfort. It is difficult whiteout wearing them

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.8%