• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to read through this entire thread today while waiting for laundry to get done and I am having some flashbacks to Temple of Jawnz here
Oh wow, i had to google as i thought this was some reference to some cult movie.

Im not running away over one issue with one craftsmen in one subcategory that has, to be honest been, the worst performing, most loss making and hardest to crack. Do i still want to crack it, yes. But there are other reasons for it, profit isn't one of them - there is none in the way we are going about it.

We didnt get enough orders to fund my luxuru lifestyle, certainl not at naked pricing. We werent charged any less for the bait and switch. And we are starting to right the wrong already with afflicted customers.

End of the day we will be judged in time.

I see now why you all are skeptical etc, and it's totally valid etc. People have been burnt before and I am sure there will be instances where you will get burnt again. It is a sad situation when it happens... And i am sorry for anyone who had fallen victim to it.

You don't know me from Adam and at first i found the trolling ghastly but to be honest it makes me laugh now. Well done guys, i thought about it and I don't think you want this to be a car crash with casualties as this is a community so I know deep down you want this to end up well for all affected. Perhaps not me, but to be honest I think for me as well.

@Verrihappy you havent used the word shill for me yet. I feel sort of left out as I went through some earlier posts and its always there.
And you stood up for us when that review was written, i had forgotten that. So i expect you to be on top-form in the coming days!

Anyway, these are all words guys... Nothing has ever been done by just talking about doing it. It's Monday morning and I have some problems to solve.

Last edited:

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, i had to google as i thought this was some reference to some cult movie.
Frankly, I think a Temple of Jawnz movie would be great as long as the last 20 minutes was gangster shootouts in Brazil or something.

I was not intending to troll you, the only real corollaries here are a lot of buzz on SF, people making orders, things not turning out as expected, lot of folks very unhappy. I'm sure as long as you make it right and don't run off with everyone's money it won't be the same

Leiker

Reaction score
I am sure one of them will let you know eventually. Or maybe not.

Please dont tell me what I can and cannot do as you know nothing, havent asked for facts and I owe you nothing and never will.

So live your life and just enjoy our misfortune. What happens between me and my customers has nothing to do with you.
In my opinion you would be better served to stop engaging with every criticism, and simply continue to post information about how you're going to address the problem going forward.

Best of luck to you.

Potatoe

Reaction score
In my opinion you would be better served to stop engaging with every criticism, and simply continue to post information about how you're going to address the problem going forward.

Best of luck to you.

Meh, to each their own.

In my experience just laying down for ****** people doesn't make it any better.

At a certain point every successful business owners figures who they want as customers / vendors / employees / partners, and then tells everyone else to **** off.

doofalb

Reaction score
Has anyone with the "fake handwelted" (f) HW-1 heard from Archibald? It's been almost 4 weeks and there's been nothing but a deafening silence. I contacted them 10 days ago and their reply was that they'll still trying to work it out with Adriano. I was OK with giving them some sort of a break, but as they just seem to ignore their HW-1 customers and just focus on the sneakers is starting to really upset me....

CarltonBNE

Reaction score
Has anyone with the "fake handwelted" (f) HW-1 heard from Archibald? It's been almost 4 weeks and there's been nothing but a deafening silence. I contacted them 10 days ago and their reply was that they'll still trying to work it out with Adriano. I was OK with giving them some sort of a break, but as they just seem to ignore their HW-1 customers and just focus on the sneakers is starting to really upset me....
No, I haven't been contacted either. And I presumably have two affected pairs. It has been disappointing and frustrating so far.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will post here what I sent to another member who kindly DMed me with a similar question.

As mentioned in the very first announcment, the matter will take a bit of time. The situation is further exasperated by the coronavirus so jumping on a plane and sorting it out is not so easy.

The reveal was on March 11th. It is now April 5th and much of Italy closes early for Easter.

Your case email will arrive at some point following the Easter break. Finally, aside from the challenges outside of our organization - we are a very small team despite what it may seem like online so if at times something takes a little longer please be rest assured the communication will arrive. Also, there are moving parts we need answers on first and a guy that tried to pull a fast one through the pandemic has just been caught out so naturally enough he is going to panic as the claim on his business which like most makers is severely cash poor is a big deal.

Please carry on wearing the shoes as you have been thus far before anything about the construction not being handwelted came out... and we will be working through this to allow the best possible options.

We have been running updates in batches as follows:

1. People with shoes made yet to be delivered.
2. People with shoes in the making stage that have been put on hold for obvious reasons.
3. People with shoes delivered for some time before the issue was made apparent.

You are part of batch 3 and this is why you have not received an initial case email. The idea is each person is emailed and a case set up on the matter. Keeping the situation fully transparent, we are currently speaking to the maker’s legal representative through a team we have engaged in Italy. Though the maker has accepted his mistake in writing through correspondence with us, it seems the first action on his part when formalities are concerned is to deny any wrong-doing. This is normal and we had anticipated the matter and have therefore submitted the communication both via email and whatsapp that makes the situation clear. This is now being overseen by his legal representative and will allow matters to proceed beyond school-boy attempts of denial. However, we remain confident that in a few weeks we will be able to come to an agreement with the maker that will allow us to provide options. Our operations manager actually received a bizarre communication from Adriano's son asking about the orders from the latest campaigns (both SF-01 and HW-01) so that gives me confidence that the account is too important for them to risk losing. The damage is significant particularly as the sales were all made on Naked. The issue is without an actual understanding of how they intend to play this we will have no clarity with which we can provide fair options we can provide each person. On top of this, Italy is in a full national lockdown so that is causing further delays.

The SF-01 production is already being migrated so it looks like they will be done in Corridonia for certain. The Goodyear SF-01 and UltraLights were already confirmed for making in Corridonia anyway so that is fine.

Last edited:

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I decided to read through this entire thread today while waiting for laundry to get done and I am having some flashbacks to Temple of Jawnz here

For the record, I got burned waiting for a jacket from TOJ. I still have some other pieces from them before the whole saga unfolded which I still enjoy wearing - and I've ordered from Falcon after Charlie and Daniel broke off and started their own thing. It was an unfortunate incident that I only experienced once on that level, but yea i sometimes wonder if it'll happen again. Something similar happened on a kickstarted i backed - they're 4 years late but just got tracking info yesterday...I dont want to get my hopes though since the tracking status just says label created.

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Meh, to each their own.

In my experience just laying down for ****** people doesn't make it any better.

At a certain point every successful business owners figures who they want as customers / vendors / employees / partners, and then tells everyone else to **** off.

Well, tell that to the defrauded customers.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, tell that to the defrauded customers.
No i believe what he means is realise that you will never be our customer and not bother with you. Once this is over and handled with, even then you won't be. And I kind of don't want you to be... I would be obligated to getting the customer service team therapists if that were the case. You my friend can be a mental health liability for others behind your keyboard

He is right.

Your job is to troll and bring eyeballs to the brand so when it comes out everyone is satisfied about how its been handled, all you would have done is let more people know we exist and to have increased faith in us.

So get trolling... Get people scared and tell them it was all a scam and we are shills and our values are bullshit and just words and marketing spiel... and a total loss for them. Free marketing for me when they tell you just how happy they are with how it was handled :)

Last edited:

doofalb

Reaction score
I am a customer, with what I believe is a "fake" HW-01 and I still haven't heard anything, even after checking with CS. So you are not just ignoring the trolls such as v...happy....

yshin10

Reaction score
I am a customer, with what I believe is a "fake" HW-01 and I still haven't heard anything, even after checking with CS. So you are not just ignoring the trolls such as v...happy....
I hope you get an email soon! I know they’re backed up. I got contacted and have returned my shoe. Haven’t received the refund money back yet.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sneakers are included in this? I thought it was just the dress shoes. HW-01 is a handwelted sneaker?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads