• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Any news on the HW01 delivery. This latest lockdown is sending me stir crazy, so would appreciate some good news!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any news on the HW01 delivery. This latest lockdown is sending me stir crazy, so would appreciate some good news!
Hi there, sorry been incredibly hard to manage this side as well... Adriano has suggested dispatch to us on Tuesday, pushed back from what was supposed to be Friday this week (and before that yesterday). It is a matter of days to go... apologies.

CarltonBNE

Reaction score
Hi there, sorry been incredibly hard to manage this side as well... Adriano has suggested dispatch to us on Tuesday, pushed back from what was supposed to be Friday this week (and before that yesterday). It is a matter of days to go... apologies.
Were the HW01's dispatched on Tuesday? So the expected arrival at Archibald HQ is imminent?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi guys, seems like DHL is giving us the runaround. I have attached a screenshot of the latest info we have as these were due in on Friday so...

UPDATE: There was some sort of storm in Milan apparently which is why parcels were held back.

Sorry guys, I promise this isn't how it normally goes.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-07 at 11.14.05 AM.jpeg

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn’t in Europe but I had a funny one with Yeossal via DHL where my shoe went something like Singapore to Japan to Singapore to Hong Kong to West Coast US then back to Japan then finally East Coast US...

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t in Europe but I had a funny one with Yeossal via DHL where my shoe went something like Singapore to Japan to Singapore to Hong Kong to West Coast US then back to Japan then finally East Coast US...
our customer support team gets angry at us everytime we give an ETA now with all the delays in logistics, suppliers, etc if a date is missed they get a load of angry emails to deal with... the buck just keeps getting passed.

yshin10

Reaction score
Hey Rohan, didn’t know where else to post since Im still learning this forum. But just received my hand welted black cap toe oxfords! After literally wearing it for 2-3 mins I saw the crease. Is this the case with other high end shoes like you’ve tested out? Like John Lobb, Berluti? Just got it yesterday. Just want to know what to expect if this is normal?

Attachments

• 6C2C7297-71BD-4F65-991A-FCE7E3CD6C8F.jpeg
    6C2C7297-71BD-4F65-991A-FCE7E3CD6C8F.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 91

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Rohan, didn’t know where else to post since Im still learning this forum. But just received my hand welted black cap toe oxfords! After literally wearing it for 2-3 mins I saw the crease. Is this the case with other high end shoes like you’ve tested out? Like John Lobb, Berluti? Just got it yesterday. Just want to know what to expect if this is normal?
dude that's crazy r u for real???

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure these are the right size? It can definitely happen but rarely does and if I had to wager in a lot of cases it’s because of the wrong size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads