• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Coming soon!
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-30 at 10.02.18.jpeg

Devis4u

Reaction score
Is a wholecut shellsea still in the works? Interested in seeing how that timeframe lines up with the jumper boot

CWV

Reaction score
How are the shoes comimg? What is the timeline like?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up making a review on reddit of my suede chukkas. Feel free to check it out, if interested. You can ask me questions here as well. https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...ial_impressions_archibald_london_camel_suede/
We were just having a long internal discussion as it seems this is the final hurdle for this to be what it needs to be.

Personally, for me the construction is out of this world, the materials are great and these are by far the most comfortable and longest lasting dress shoes I have ever owned and I speak candidly without bias. So I think at non-Naked prices they are an incredible value and at Naked (which is just for the moment now) a total blowout.

If we get the perfection in finishing sorted we might be onto something that competes on every level which is what the aim has always been. I mean I have seen issues in finishing with Berluti RTW and JL RTW (which we view as the two high standards) and I guess some parts are an inevitability of totally hand made but we can and should really do better even than them with it and consistency I'm hoping the HW-01's exhibit it.

Devis4u

Reaction score
We were just having a long internal discussion as it seems this is the final hurdle for this to be what it needs to be.

Personally, for me the construction is out of this world, the materials are great and these are by far the most comfortable and longest lasting dress shoes I have ever owned and I speak candidly without bias. So I think at non-Naked prices they are an incredible value and at Naked (which is just for the moment now) a total blowout.

If we get the perfection in finishing sorted we might be onto something that competes on every level which is what the aim has always been. I mean I have seen issues in finishing with Berluti RTW and JL RTW (which we view as the two high standards) and I guess some parts are an inevitability of totally hand made but we can and should really do better even than them with it and consistency I'm hoping the HW-01's exhibit it.
I think you are spot on. Materials and construction are very good, I really love the calf skin lining, it seems slightly nicer than the one in my Crocket and jones chukkas. And the 001 is a great last, and break in has been minimal so far. For the price, naked at least, the only thing that comes close is probably meermins linea maestro, though I don't have personal experience with that line. When small defects like what we see on my pair of shoes are resolved and smaller details are added (welt fudging, artisan made markings, etc.), They'll be in another ballpark

CWV

Reaction score
I think you are spot on. Materials and construction are very good, I really love the calf skin lining, it seems slightly nicer than the one in my Crocket and jones chukkas. And the 001 is a great last, and break in has been minimal so far. For the price, naked at least, the only thing that comes close is probably meermins linea maestro, though I don't have personal experience with that line. When small defects like what we see on my pair of shoes are resolved and smaller details are added (welt fudging, artisan made markings, etc.), They'll be in another ballpark
I’d really like to see fiddleback waist and or beweled waist. I find it is a mark of high end. You just don’t find it in the medium and lower end

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ended up making a review on reddit of my suede chukkas. Feel free to check it out, if interested. You can ask me questions here as well. https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...ial_impressions_archibald_london_camel_suede/

I don't know about that finishing, at this price, it's fair, but competition is pretty strong these days.

This is SF though I'm not sure if anyone rave about Berluti's finishing (patina yes, but overall finishing no idea), JL has good last but I have never went wow on any of the detail on them. If you want to measure finishing, check out AM, SB, they're decent high bar I would say. Hasn't worn GG in a while so don't remember.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads