• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Oh we are already doing a pair of our chelsea boots in horween shell, itll be out in a few weeks.

Also reshooting all the shoes
You read our mind! We are working on a sample with Adriano... horween chelsea boot, handwelted

I echo @clee1982 - wholecut?

Shell cordovan chelseas with multiple pieces of leather are not worth the artisan's effort - they are just everywhere, even Carmina.

Shell cordovan wholecut chelseas are much much much more interesting...

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Can I just make out my next stimulus check directly to y'all? ? I'm gonna need to recover after the HW01

You should hope that the version being developed is NOT wholecut :p

From what I know, most major makers refused to make cordovan wholecut Chelsea due to potentially excess wastage. Only small Italian artisanal makers - precisely like Adriano and the like - that may potentially take up the challenge...

@ArchibaldLondon @ArchibaldRoh please make sure @Devis4u's financial health will be compromised by making a wholecut version of your cordovan Chelsea soon :box:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I echo @clee1982 - wholecut?

Shell cordovan chelseas with multiple pieces of leather are not worth the artisan's effort - they are just everywhere, even Carmina.

Shell cordovan wholecut chelseas are much much much more interesting...
Our chelseas are wholecuts so it would have to be a wholecut. We could use the excess for small accessories of some sort.

Also i owe you a bunch of answers, im sorry the sneakers and dispatch are taking a lot of time... I will engage Adriano and get back to you.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Our chelseas are wholecuts so it would have to be a wholecut. We could use the excess for small accessories of some sort.

Also i owe you a bunch of answers, im sorry the sneakers and dispatch are taking a lot of time... I will engage Adriano and get back to you.

IIRC I believe meccariello said the shell breakage rate is around 20% for wholecut shellseas

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another thing I would say is maybe hire a last maker who has good eyes for aesthetic? Imagine pre U/F Vass

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Another thing I would say is maybe hire a last maker who has good eyes for aesthetic? Imagine pre U/F Vass

I am not 100% sure but I think there are last designers one can just buy one or two good-looking lasts from and that's it. I honestly find the current lasts pretty attractive but it's true that some variation could be neat. I am pretty sure that's what Bojan from Zebshoes does, and he has some nice lasts. I recall him mentioning he buys his lasts from Italian, Spanish and Portuguese makers (again, I think).

Imagine if you could order any shoe model, e.g., the HW-01, and get to choose the leather type, the last, the sole... that's some true flexible, killer MTO there. Of course they could just design the lasts in-house as well, I mean... I really think they are doing a good job and maybe it could be combined with some iterative process over SF until the desired shape is reached.

If it's a possibility, I'd find it nice (both the wholecut chelseas and the small accessories). Some minimalistic, made in Italy Horween shell wallets would be great imho. I imagine something like the Saddleback's ID wallet but more refined. I have never owned any shell wallet but it is my understanding that they don't need any care since, through manipulation, the own fats from the hands (however gross it sounds) keep them going and build up the patina.

I know you guys are busy with the SF-01 so don't care about replying until that's done :D Cheers

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

Sounds like you are going to deploy a product that can affect regional stability by affecting the financial stability of many.

I will consider reporting to the Tigress Authority (aka my wife) before your cordovan wholecut Chelsea has a chance to negatively affect my bank deposit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics