• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OrlandoMo ready to jump on the HW-01 in green suede. I'm curious, is there any plan for GAT sneakers?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@OrlandoMo ready to jump on the HW-01 in green suede. I'm curious, is there any plan for GAT sneakers?
You read our mind ? we are currently waiting for a first prototype to come in from our artisan... Lactae Hevea soles, very soft calfskin and suede from a tannery in Tuscany, slip-lasting construction. Will get You some pictures as soon as they reach our HQ.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You read our mind ? we are currently waiting for a first prototype to come in from our artisan... Lactae Hevea soles, very soft calfskin and suede from a tannery in Tuscany, slip-lasting construction. Will get You some pictures as soon as they reach our HQ.

I know this is not original GAT design but will the sole be stiched to the upper instead of being cemented? I feel like that will help with the durability..

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know this is not original GAT design but will the sole be stiched to the upper instead of being cemented? I feel like that will help with the durability..
Yes! We are working with a different construction that will make the shoe very elastic and technically easier to resole

CWV

Reaction score
I was super decided on what model I wanted and then you dropped the pebbled one in front of me....
Btw the upward curve is part of the last or is it only of these prototypes?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was super decided on what model I wanted and then you dropped the pebbled one in front of me....
Btw the upward curve is part of the last or is it only of these prototypes?
Hi there, so I think we don't quite understand what you mean by the upward curve. These are the final shoe but I wonder if you have spotted something we are missing or it is simply how the photographer shot them.

CWV

Reaction score
Hi there, so I think we don't quite understand what you mean by the upward curve. These are the final shoe but I wonder if you have spotted something we are missing or it is simply how the photographer shot them.

oh. I was referring to the upward curving of the toe box. If you see the photos from the side or the one shooter at an angle you can see how the point of the shoe is lifted noticeable bit. But Maybe is just me, I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it.

Devis4u

Reaction score
Hi, just following up on my last post. Still unable to place the burgundy calfskin in my cart, nor am I able to select it or view the gallery of it. Issue persists on both my Android phone and Windows laptop using chrome

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, just following up on my last post. Still unable to place the burgundy calfskin in my cart, nor am I able to select it or view the gallery of it. Issue persists on both my Android phone and Windows laptop using chrome
Really sorry, I know it's frustrating. The developers are working hard on it, it seems to be some sort of problem we are having right through the site. We'll ping the thread once it's all fixed up

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh. I was referring to the upward curving of the toe box. If you see the photos from the side or the one shooter at an angle you can see how the point of the shoe is lifted noticeable bit. But Maybe is just me, I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it.
So i had a look and I think it might be the angle the calfskin ones are shot from. If you scroll through the collection it seems the photographer has not been entirely consistent so the angle betrays the eyes and makes it seem it points significantly upwards on certain variants

CWV

Reaction score
So i had a look and I think it might be the angle the calfskin ones are shot from. If you scroll through the collection it seems the photographer has not been entirely consistent so the angle betrays the eyes and makes it seem it points significantly upwards on certain variants
Oh so it’s just an illusion. Cool. Thx

Devis4u

Reaction score
Really sorry, I know it's frustrating. The developers are working hard on it, it seems to be some sort of problem we are having right through the site. We'll ping the thread once it's all fixed up
No worries, just wanted to give an update on my end. I'm glad the preorder window is open for a while longer haha

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Should be fixed
No worries, just wanted to give an update on my end. I'm glad the preorder window is open for a while longer haha
should be fixed! Changing colours should be faster now but keep me updated if there any other issues

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads