• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

flx

Reaction score
should be fixed by now!
Thanks but unfortunately I still can't select black cordovans (this time I've also tried it with Safari instead of Chrome). I've attached a GIF which shows whats happening.

If you need any more details feel free to send me a message, I'd be glad to help you.

Attachments

• archibald-bug.gif
    archibald-bug.gif
    111.8 KB · Views: 96

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks but unfortunately I still can't select black cordovans (this time I've also tried it with Safari instead of Chrome). I've attached a GIF which shows whats happening.

If you need any more details feel free to send me a message, I'd be glad to help you.
thanks! developers are on it. The GIF really helped

Devis4u

Reaction score
Won't allow me to add the burgundy calfskin version to my cart, whenever I do it marks it as tan. Additionally, when trying to view photos of the burgundy colorway, it stays only for a couple seconds before reverting to the tan colorway gallery. Strange, considering that the URL shows that the burgundy color was selected

flx

Reaction score
thanks! developers are on it. The GIF really helped
That's great, I'm glad I could help ?

Won't allow me to add the burgundy calfskin version to my cart, whenever I do it marks it as tan. Additionally, when trying to view photos of the burgundy colorway, it stays only for a couple seconds before reverting to the tan colorway gallery. Strange, considering that the URL shows that the burgundy color was selected
I'm pretty sure those bugs are related as it sounds very similar to the bug I'm getting.

flx

Reaction score
Just managed to find a way with Adriano to brogue the shoes after production! We just updated the product page, brogueing is now available on request.
I was just wondering if it'd also be possible to get metal toe taps on request ?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Damn, let me try to help you, I’ll send you a message here in chat to see if I can fix it before the devs do

flx

Reaction score
Can try! I’ll ask Adriano, which type of toe taps would you like?
I'm not an expert on toe taps but I meant something like this (see attachment). It'd be great if it's possible since I wouldn't have to go to a cobbler to get them put on afterwards and with such a beautiful shoe I'd like it to last as long as possible.

Attachments

• toe-taps.jpg
    toe-taps.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 150

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to apologise for the various glitches, we have been having a tough time incorporating an experimental front-end technology into our site. We will resolve as soon as possible and fortunately we have a few days before closing the orders for the first batch of the HW-01

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on toe taps but I meant something like this (see attachment). It'd be great if it's possible since I wouldn't have to go to a cobbler to get them put on afterwards and with such a beautiful shoe I'd like it to last as long as possible.
Sure let me look into it

Reactions: flx

doofalb

Reaction score
Is the sizing guide on the website the best one to use? Also, that guide mentions to go up a size for wide feet. Is that a full size or half a size? Is that still valid in the light of the recent discussion of the width of the last? Thanks!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello SF-ers,

Our first hand-welted shoe designed by the community, HW-01 Wholecut Oxford, is here!

Once again, we thank you profusely for guiding the development of this second product through your detailed responses to our survey. As will soon be common practice, we’ve taken every insight you’ve given us and used them to craft and refine the ultimate hand-welted shoe, the HW-01, which you can access now via this link.

For the moment, this link is only available on this thread and is currently not available to the wider Archibald community or new customers. For the next fourteen days, only you, our co-creators on the HW-01 can purchase it for the at-cost (Naked) price which includes a $10 donation to SF for every pair purchased.

Whilst we like to keep things exciting and new, certain facets of the Archibald ethos remain the same and that includes our commitment to transparency. The truth is that with the current uncertainty there may be unforeseen changes (both positive or negative) to product or delivery and thus if the final price at-cost of your HW-01 is lower than the pre-order price currently available we will make that known to you. And we will refund you the difference, in Archibald credit.

The HW-01 is an exciting evolution for us, in our co-creative relationship with the SF community. Not only have we developed a hand-welted shoe tailored to your specifications but it is available in a range of different options and leathers, including the very special and much-requested Horween shell cordovan.

So give us your feedback as thoroughly as you can and get ready, because we’re still just getting started.

Best Wishes,

Orlando Product Manager - Archibald London

PS -- You have 14 days to pre-order from the HW-01, after which we shall go into production. We may release a second run of the HW-01 range but this is likely to be at the normal Archibald pricing and may lack the same scope of variants. You can always reach us on this page or by dropping us an email at [email protected]

View attachment 1416335
Cool...
I am getting ready to order the SF-01.
Is there a SF link for that?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
just talked to Adriano, unfortunately they don't offer that service

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the sizing guide on the website the best one to use? Also, that guide mentions to go up a size for wide feet. Is that a full size or half a size? Is that still valid in the light of the recent discussion of the width of the last? Thanks!
I'd say half-size but always better to print our size chart to check the perfect fit for you

Attachments

• Archibald Hand-welted Shoes Size Tool_A4.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 184

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads