• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

CWV

Reaction score
Two things. Kavalier said one have to mention one wants a wider shoe. Is that correct or is o le one last?

The second, and hateing being so insistent. I didn’t see the option for subtle brougomg. Was that option discarded or one must make an special rwuest?

doofalb

Reaction score
I'm confused: I only see calfskin and suede but no cordovan?

doofalb

Reaction score
Never mind: I used the link from the Archibald email I received 2 hours ago and not from within here.

OMG, the natural cordovans are to die for!!

ptfly

Reaction score
I would say EE even though TheKavalier defined it as a G here. We always send size guide with foot measuring, so sizing shouldn't be an issue, hopefully
Wow. That is quite wide. Curious what % of male population needs a EE width. I am sure it varies based on location.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. That is quite wide. Curious what % of male population needs a EE width. I am sure it varies based on location.
Ah see but the Last 001 these are built on are a great shape as the accomodate narrow and wide feet simleutaneously. It was specifically chosen for its versatility and something similar was used by a number of brands including George Cleverly as their best selling shape.

flx

Reaction score
There's a slight glitch on the website that seems to be duplicating listings for the Cordovan on the category page, product is still up and running though! Tomorrow the glitch should be fixed
While you're at it: for me it's also impossible to change colors on the cordovans. I've not tried different browsers yet but at least that's the case for Chrome on macOS (I'm also sometimes getting the "Connection Lost" modal, but a simple reload fixes this so this isn't as bad as the inability to configure my shoe).

Edit: I've attached a picture of the "Connection Lost" modal

Attachments

• connection-lost.png
    connection-lost.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 93

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
While you're at it: for me it's also impossible to change colors on the cordovans. I've not tried different browsers yet but at least that's the case for Chrome on macOS (I'm also sometimes getting the "Connection Lost" modal, but a simple reload fixes this so this isn't as bad as the inability to configure my shoe).
I’ve informed the tech team, they’ll be on it tomorrow asap

Reactions: flx

ptfly

Reaction score
Ah see but the Last 001 these are built on are a great shape as the accomodate narrow and wide feet simleutaneously. It was specifically chosen for its versatility and something similar was used by a number of brands including George Cleverly as their best selling shape.
I partially agree that the last, shape and especially the heel shape can help a wide shoe stay on a more narrow foot but my decades of experience with a B/C width foot taught me that while I can "fit" my foot into a wide shoe it doesn't mean it fits, is comfortable or looks good after a few wears. 99% of men can wear a size 58 long sport coat but it truly only fits a handful.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I partially agree that the last, shape and especially the heel shape can help a wide shoe stay on a more narrow foot but my decades of experience with a B/C width foot taught me that while I can "fit" my foot into a wide shoe it doesn't mean it fits, is comfortable or looks good after a few wears. 99% of men can wear a size 58 long sport coat but it truly only fits a handful.
Agreed wholeheartedly but I do think it comes down to how a specific shape accomodates a wide foot. I think this duality is what made brands such as GC and GG and even Berluti to some extent so very versatile with some of their lasts. It is the intricacy of where most feet are wide and accomodating that particular portion rather than creating an overall wide shoe.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two things. Kavalier said one have to mention one wants a wider shoe. Is that correct or is o le one last?

The second, and hateing being so insistent. I didn’t see the option for subtle brougomg. Was that option discarded or one must make an special rwuest?
Just managed to find a way with Adriano to brogue the shoes after production! We just updated the product page, brogueing is now available on request.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Edit: I've attached a picture of the "Connection Lost" modal
should be fixed by now!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads