• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
+1 for chiseling the front a bit. Right now from the angles you showed, the toe has a bit of a blobby flair to it that would work for a brogue but looks a bit mismatched against the overall sleekness of a wholecut. EDIT: For an example of something that I think works well, look up Carmina's wholecut on the Rain last.

Re: the back seam, might I suggest no seam at all? It's a nice little feature that I think really completes a wholecut. It's rare because of the craftsmanship involved, but it sounds like you guys might have the skills to make it happen?
Yeah without the seam would be great but I just asked Adriano and he said the leather wouldn't hold and would tear apart

adriano pic.jpeg

Kamil1987

Reaction score
And by the way - how is the production status of the hand-welted loafers due to Coronavirus? Is the family business operating if they don't need any external employees?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And by the way - how is the production status of the hand-welted loafers due to Coronavirus? Is the family business operating if they don't need any external employees?
yes! Everyone's been working and making shoes basically on their own. Here's some pics from the production, you can see a couple of Loafers (last 002) before and after the painting. These have just been delivered to our logistic in London and will be sent out today to customers

l2.jpeg

l3.jpeg

Kamil1987

Reaction score
@OrlandoMo - thanks for the update. I placed my order for the loafers on 21.04 and the status on my customer's dashboard still says "placed". I was curious if that's just delay in status update or the delay in production.

Best.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Just received the cordovan from Horween... working on the last few samples of HW-1. Coming soon!

View attachment 1392499

But... but... post some pictures of that beautiful shell! :p Each shell has slightly different colours and mostly they are not very consistent, especially colour 8. It would be great to see the original shell before seeing the shoes! :)

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really beautiful! Will buy it in blue, burgundy and other colors too.
But... but... post some pictures of that beautiful shell! :p Each shell has slightly different colours and mostly they are not very consistent, especially colour 8. It would be great to see the original shell before seeing the shoes! :)

Shell SF01-jpeg.jpeg
Shell HW1.jpeg
Shell 2.jpeg
Shell SF01-jpeg.jpeg Shell HW1.jpeg Shell 2.jpeg

EgoCamisas

Reaction score

Devis4u

Reaction score
The current design looks beautiful! I wish I had seen the survey earlier haha. A hand-welted cordovan whole-cut is the pinnacle of elegance in my mind. I agree that it could be slightly elongated to emphasize the chisel toe. The back stitch also contrasts with the elegance of the rest of the shoe, as other users have already mentioned. Can't wait to see where it goes!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The current design looks beautiful! I wish I had seen the survey earlier haha. A hand-welted cordovan whole-cut is the pinnacle of elegance in my mind. I agree that it could be slightly elongated to emphasize the chisel toe. The back stitch also contrasts with the elegance of the rest of the shoe, as other users have already mentioned. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Almost ready for the big launch...

archibald-shoes-0506-0045_2 2.jpg

archibald-shoes-0506-0076.jpg

flx

Reaction score
The back does look very elegant now imho. Congrats
I totally agree, looks very good! But I also think a little elongation could make it look significantly better, although I'm not sure if it's still possible to do that at this point.

CWV

Reaction score
I totally agree, looks very good! But I also think a little elongation could make it look significantly better, although I'm not sure if it's still possible to do that at this point.

Agree. It’s lacking in that point IMO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads