• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE STYLEFORUM X ARCHIBALD CHRISTMAS GIFT GMTO

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we're having one sample made in Navy for now, we'll send that to one of you or maybe we can even "rotate it", from one to another. What you think?
I am unsure how the rotating would work, may not be the best for shipping costs and shipping times with everything going on still. Could be something to do in the future, however

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think 'rotating it' in a Covid world might present some difficulties.
yeah wouldn't be ideal at all. By early next week the first sample should come in! We'll let you know. In the meantime... @Cheshire symposium what's your friend's distillery? Might be actually interesting

EgoCamisas

Reaction score

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Are we really doing a whisky GMTO? For some reason I am more excited than I'd like to admit
Whiskey update. I have checked with my mate. He actually produces his own brand whiskey through a 3rd party Scottish distillery, as opposed to owning a distillery himself! I asked him to let me know the distillery he uses, and he wouldn’t say. He noted that it’s a pretty difficult thing to do, and he spent ages finding a distillery that would work with him. It sounded to me like the whiskey industry is a bit of a closed shop and is difficult to break in. He suggested that AOL ring around the various distilleries and pitch the concept. Sounds quite time consuming and a possibility fruitless exercise in my view though.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey update. I have checked with my mate. He actually produces his own brand whiskey through a 3rd party Scottish distillery, as opposed to owning a distillery himself! I asked him to let me know the distillery he uses, and he wouldn’t say. He noted that it’s a pretty difficult thing to do, and he spent ages finding a distillery that would work with him. It sounded to me like the whiskey industry is a bit of a closed shop and is difficult to break in. He suggested that AOL ring around the various distilleries and pitch the concept. Sounds quite time consuming and a possibility fruitless exercise in my view though.
On to the Gin! lol

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OrlandoMo question, have you thought about using Alpaca for the scarves? Or maybe an Alpaca/Cashmere Blend?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thought about Alpaca for our collection, we were in touch with some suppliers in South America
I personally have never tried Alpaca items, but heard they are really nice and warm as well so figured that blended with Cashmere may be the perfect combo

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally have never tried Alpaca items, but heard they are really nice and warm as well so figured that blended with Cashmere may be the perfect combo

+1 I actually won't buy 100% cashmere which is already market saturated and most of us probably have tons already. Alpaca would make it much more durable and just as warm.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
A few days ago, I was presented with an opportunity to handle a sample of the proposed KW-01, which I sincerely obliged. It arrived in an appropriately sized AOL green presentation box; which looks superb. It's a really nice shape, especially if you are getting this for a Christmas present. I could easily see the scarf as an ideal gift, and would fit under any appropriately adored Christmas tree, if you are into that kind of stuff! My initial impression of the scarf was that you can tell that it has come from a Scottish Mill; it’s simultaneously both luxurious and hardy at the same time. It's quite different from Italian cashmere, which is pure soft and buttery but unlikely to survive the winter. Construction (100% cashmere); the weave seems to be lovely and dense, ideal for winter. It looks and feels well made, although I would expect that from a Scottish producer (best in the world in my view). Finishing; the scarf appears to have a slight brushed effect, almost akin to the ‘ripple effect’ that you get on Begg scarves. It looks really nice and works well, adding to the level of detail and complexity. Although I wouldn't say that it blew me away, it was very nice. The edges are perfectly straight, and have a slight wispy finish which is well done.The tassels are finished nicely, and are the right length for this size of scarf (it was an oversized version). The navy colour is wonderfully rich and is woven with a lighter blue, and subtly changes in different lighting conditions. I can imagine the colour being popular. Overall, I am struggling to find a major flaw or weakness, perhaps the brushed finish could be further enhanced, but its relatively minor. It reminds me of this … https://www.beggxco.com/mens-solid-oversized-cashmere-scarf-navy.html If you like the Begg scarf, you should defiantly consider picking up the AOL KW-01. I haven’t ‘road tested’ the scarf, as AOL wanted it back and I didn’t want to get it wet or dirty, so my impression is based solely on handling it in person. But, it's really lovely.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
A few days ago, I was presented with an opportunity to handle a sample of the proposed KW-01, which I sincerely obliged. It arrived in an appropriately sized AOL green presentation box; which looks superb. It's a really nice shape, especially if you are getting this for a Christmas present. I could easily see the scarf as an ideal gift, and would fit under any appropriately adored Christmas tree, if you are into that kind of stuff! My initial impression of the scarf was that you can tell that it has come from a Scottish Mill; it’s simultaneously both luxurious and hardy at the same time. It's quite different from Italian cashmere, which is pure soft and buttery but unlikely to survive the winter. Construction (100% cashmere); the weave seems to be lovely and dense, ideal for winter. It looks and feels well made, although I would expect that from a Scottish producer (best in the world in my view). Finishing; the scarf appears to have a slight brushed effect, almost akin to the ‘ripple effect’ that you get on Begg scarves. It looks really nice and works well, adding to the level of detail and complexity. Although I wouldn't say that it blew me away, it was very nice. The edges are perfectly straight, and have a slight wispy finish which is well done.The tassels are finished nicely, and are the right length for this size of scarf (it was an oversized version). The navy colour is wonderfully rich and is woven with a lighter blue, and subtly changes in different lighting conditions. I can imagine the colour being popular. Overall, I am struggling to find a major flaw or weakness, perhaps the brushed finish could be further enhanced, but its relatively minor. It reminds me of this … https://www.beggxco.com/mens-solid-oversized-cashmere-scarf-navy.html If you like the Begg scarf, you should defiantly consider picking up the AOL KW-01. I haven’t ‘road tested’ the scarf, as AOL wanted it back and I didn’t want to get it wet or dirty, so my impression is based solely on handling it in person. But, it's really lovely.

Thanks for the post! Didn't you / weren't you allowed to take pictures, or aren't you allowed to post them? I guess the colour will be hard to see from pics alone from what you tell.

Do we have anything regarding the choice of colours? Will it only be solid colours, will it only be navy, or what is the plan?

PS: everytime I see you post something new I hope for some whisky GMTO. I don't think you can undo it now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics