• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE STYLEFORUM X ARCHIBALD CHRISTMAS GIFT GMTO

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
And… the results are in!

Thank you all for participating in the survey, we can’t wait to hear your thoughts and feedback as we enter phase 2. We see this as an iterative process, so contributions to the survey are still welcome and will supplement general discussion.

Without further ado, attached you can find the outcome of the survey, basically what will be made into samples by our craftsmen in Scotland. We encourage discussion at this point- once again this is a complete collaboration, so if you think it would be interesting to go a different way or deviate from the original plan we are very open to new ideas!

So far, the results show interest in a wide and long scarf (between 180/190x50/70cm), 100% cashmere (we’ll use the best Grade A Mongolian Cashmere), woven, with ripple finish and medium/heavy weight. Most of you use the scarf for warmth but some also for style. Most favorite knot: the parisian.

Thrilled to see what our craftsmen will come up with!

Just checked this now. Funny, I think it is basically exactly what I voted for lol. Excited to see what it becomes and how it differentiates from my "normal" Archibald cashmere scarf.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
forgot you had one! How is it holding up?

I haven't worn it for many months haha but great actually. It's a light grey one. Now it's rolled up waiting for the colder months. It looks great, it feels great and it is pretty warm tbh.

I must admit it started up a bit 'rougher' than other cashmere articles I own (although it was very soft indeed) but somehow it loosened up and now it's buttery smooth and soft as a cloud. It pilled a bit but not that much - I just found the occasional little cashmere cloud here and there in the beginning, but the scarf itself seems unscathed, so I guess it was the typical excess fabric.

I bought a couple more for gifts last year and to the best of my knowledge they are also holding up well and get regular compliments - at least that's what they tell me :D. Even if I only bought solid color ones, which may seem boring, they do look very good.

I also bought a merino... scarf or stole? in a whitish/blueish tartan. I don't remember exactly, it was also for a gift, and it was much appreciated. I was initially pretty impressed of how thin the thing was but it was very elegant and reportedly also very warm.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am chiming in here to see how this project goes, and potentially test a scarf for you folks if willing!

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
I am chiming in here to see how this project goes, and potentially test a scarf for you folks if willing!
This is going to be a top project. I believe that AOL are talking with some pretty amazing factories in Scotland. In this world, nothing is a guarantee, but I would be very surprised if this doesn’t turn out really well.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
This is going to be a top project. I believe that AOL are talking with some pretty amazing factories in Scotland. In this world, nothing is a guarantee, but I would be very surprised if this doesn’t turn out really well.
Scotland has very good mills. Apparently it has to do with the water, as is also the case for whisky. Or maybe, the mills are good because of the whisky. Who knows.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Scotland has very good mills. Apparently it has to do with the water, as is also the case for whisky. Or maybe, the mills are good because of the whisky. Who knows.
should we make a Whisky GMTO too? ?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How many testers are you actively seeking out @OrlandoMo and how would it work?
we're having one sample made in Navy for now, we'll send that to one of you or maybe we can even "rotate it", from one to another. What you think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics