• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of Boggi's suits are from Caruso as well.

https://www.boggi.com/en_US/default-homepage

Here's Dirnelli on how the Boggi tag shows the maker: "Boggi — This RTW brand totally impresses me, all the more given its rock-bottom pricing. If I were to recommend just one brand to penurious sartorialists around the globe, this would be it. Almost everything in their plethoric product range is something you would want to wear. But what’s really interesting is that there are a few hidden jewels in each collection, which they don’t charge extra for, so the value-for-money proposition is even more enticing if you know how to identify these gems. For example, they have 5 main suit suppliers — after a while you can start to tell them apart almost by looking at the garments. On the price-tag you will notice codes such as LR or FB, which indicate that the suit was made by say Lardini or Flannnel Bay (and AHD stands for Isaia, go figure). And then you have a few that read CR, for Caruso — these are fully canvassed suits, made from luxury fabrics like Loro Piana Tasmanian Super 150’s, at a RRP of 850 euros before discounts. Same with knits, ties, coats and shirts, where you can find a few amazing products thrown in with the rest, at about the same price. I mean, where else are you going to find seven-fold ties for 40 euros ? Obvisouly they have some people in the sourcing and design departments who know their stuff, and who are targetting the #menswear geeks like myself. Heck, my boggi suede mocs look better than the Berluti original that they were copied from. Bravo!

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CANALI MILANO suits are cheap on par with suitsupply. Buttons are cheap plastic tailor standard godawful crap. No working buttonholes on sleeves, cut is very very slim. I usually size down in Canali but this Milano model fits tight even on me. Pants made the cheapest way possible, no curtain waste, no split back, cheap metal hook closure. Drop is ridiculous it is not 8 it is 10 (if there is such thing). The waist on IT46 suit pants is around 29". Fabric is wrinkle free wool, label states "TRAVEL", fabric is not bad (better that suitsupply rags). My advise , avoid CANALI MILANO suits unless they are 200-400 USD. They are not worth much more than that. My suspicion is they are made in Asia. Yes, they are at least half-canvassed, lapels and all. I did not bother to investigate if the lower part of the jacket is canvassed too.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Some of Boggi's suits are from Caruso as well.

https://www.boggi.com/en_US/default-homepage

Here's Dirnelli on how the Boggi tag shows the maker: "Boggi — This RTW brand totally impresses me, all the more given its rock-bottom pricing. If I were to recommend just one brand to penurious sartorialists around the globe, this would be it. Almost everything in their plethoric product range is something you would want to wear. But what’s really interesting is that there are a few hidden jewels in each collection, which they don’t charge extra for, so the value-for-money proposition is even more enticing if you know how to identify these gems. For example, they have 5 main suit suppliers — after a while you can start to tell them apart almost by looking at the garments. On the price-tag you will notice codes such as LR or FB, which indicate that the suit was made by say Lardini or Flannnel Bay (and AHD stands for Isaia, go figure). And then you have a few that read CR, for Caruso — these are fully canvassed suits, made from luxury fabrics like Loro Piana Tasmanian Super 150’s, at a RRP of 850 euros before discounts. Same with knits, ties, coats and shirts, where you can find a few amazing products thrown in with the rest, at about the same price. I mean, where else are you going to find seven-fold ties for 40 euros ? Obvisouly they have some people in the sourcing and design departments who know their stuff, and who are targetting the #menswear geeks like myself. Heck, my boggi suede mocs look better than the Berluti original that they were copied from. Bravo!

I am a huge fan of Boggi, half of my wardrobe is from them. The value for money is basically unbeatable, especially if you are able to buy directly in Italy (20% cheaper than the UK prices, not sure about US) and if you have their loyalty card. Since I buy regularly from them I have a 'perpetual' 15% off everything.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Boggi, half of my wardrobe is from them. The value for money is basically unbeatable, especially if you are able to buy directly in Italy (20% cheaper than the UK prices, not sure about US) and if you have their loyalty card. Since I buy regularly from them I have a 'perpetual' 15% off everything.
I visited their store in Munich and liked their wares quite a bit. Very nice stuff.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any reason the Borrelli stuff is so much cheaper (new) than the others in the tier 5 portion? Not that it's a bad thing just wondering why there's such a huge differential.

sftiger

Reaction score
Interesting! Thank you.
No problem! I'm a big fan of Borrelli and pick it up a bunch on eBay (mostly their sport coats) but I assume that stuff is a bit older so is (hopefully) still the handmade stuff.

Also lol @ your username.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem! I'm a big fan of Borrelli and pick it up a bunch on eBay (mostly their sport coats) but I assume that stuff is a bit older so is (hopefully) still the handmade stuff.

Also lol @ your username.

I'm excited someone gets it! :D

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Extremely helpful, is there any similar list that contains more MTM companies? Still doing research on many of these brands, but nothing stands out.

Anybody have experience with Enzo Customs? They have a couple of stores in the NE - NYC, Philly, DC, etc.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think their stuff is MTM from China. They do the military retirement seminars here in DC and have a class on how to dress properly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads