1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The StyleForum Runway & High Fashion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KingJulien, Mar 21, 2012.

1. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Oh, for snow:
    [​IMG]

I don't really have an appropriate shirt to wear with it yet and kinda want some sandals. I want like a loose lightweight grey knit I think. It was cheap enough that I'm ok with it chilling in my closet for now [​IMG].

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

haha finally! i think a nice roll on the pants would be great! pair with hightop ann sneakers or sandals of any kind and you're ready to post in the official sandal thread :D

1 person likes this.
  3. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Short Comme des Garcons video for the "White Drama" exhibition held at the Cité de la Mode et du Design showcasing the women's Spring-Summer 2012 collection. Exhibition runs till October 7th, 2012.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Always great to see these outfits out of the confines of the runway. I actually really enjoyed this collection after I had a few looks at it and it's nice to see that Rei is still willing and able to do things like this.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  4. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

[​IMG]
    Just finished reading this - great overview of the work of Rei, Yohji, and Miyake and their apprentices and how they influenced Western fashion. Would heartily recommend it

5. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

i ordered future beauty a week ago
    if i like it i'll get this book too

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

Faaaaaaaaashhhhhhhhhhionnnnnnnn

Last edited: May 9, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Pretty sure I'm sending that Ann jacket & shirt back since I can't really afford to build that type of wardrobe atm [​IMG] but PM me if you want either before I return! Jacket is M and the shirt is L.

8. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Just finished reading Minimalism and Fashion - some interesting stuff in there I hadn't considered before due to my total ignorance of art history. Would definitely recommend.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  10. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Yup - that's it. Would get it from library if possible; it's only worth owning if you have a nice coffee table and erudite guests.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

My personal favourite:
    [​IMG]

Now to get us back on topic, why isn't there anything like a Fashion Wiki? Keeping track of who was head designer of what at which time and where people have worked in the past is pretty challenging, crowdsourcing that type of thing would be cool.

Alternatively - I built a little tool that scrapes Vogue's CDN (shhh) and pulls down the high res collection images. Such an improvement over the tiny watermarked stuff from NowFashion it's amazing. PM me if you're interested in a copy

Ann D 2012 Menswear
    Ann D 2012 RTW

2 people like this.
  13. candrew

candrew Senior member

Starting to really enjoy the idea of AnnD. [​IMG]

AnnD Shirt + AnnD Blazer:
    [​IMG]

How's it look?

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  14. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

doesn't fit.

1 person likes this.
  15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

It fits fine from what I can see what are you talking about? I'd say flip the blazer sleeves up though.

16. Lane

Lane Senior member

Ann is suppose to fit that way, if you wear her stuff skin tight it really defeats the purpose. The sleeves on her blazers always have volume and give off a chill vibe. When you wear her stuff, you feel it yourself because of the whole nature of the cut and look, everything is sort of hanging off your body in a loose and relaxed manner.

You can add effect to this by rolling up the sleeves of your shirt and blazer, or cuffs, its all personal but you can go all out with this.

anyways, looks good candrew. I feel it suits you.

1 person likes this.
  17. Sean9

Sean9 Senior member

I think that looks great Candrew. Not the greatest photo but from what I can see looks like a really solid fit. Needs a skull necklace [​IMG]

Also KJ I agree with sending the things back but if you want to wear Ann wear Ann. But don't just scoop up stuff from yoox and myhabit because it's cheap. Save up $50 a week in your Ann fund (or however much you can do comfortably) and only buy things you really like. I mean sit on it for two weeks and if you're still looking at it every day after two weeks or seeing it in your sleep then cop. This is how you build a wardrobe not copping things because they're x designer and because they're cheap. Trust me, I'm by no means rich but I have a lot of great clothes because of patience and smart buys.

18. wurm

wurm Senior member

Top looks all right from what I can tell but it's really dark. You should wear it with different pants though IMO. Something not necessarily loose but with more of a relaxed feel.

While I agree with the sentiment about buying only what you really want, I don't really know that you can simply tell people this. You probably have to realize it only after buying stuff that doesn't really work for you/is cheap.

19. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I sent it back not because I didn't like it, but because I don't want to spend the money on clothes. I could go drop $10k on Ann shit I just need/want the money for other things. I'd much prefer to build a wardrobe of a few designer pieces and some cheap stuff, an Ann blazer at retail is like $2k & that's more than half of what my total wardrobe costs, it doesn't have much to do with saving up. I'd just prefer to stick with designers that can pair well with uniqlo oxfords and cheap t-shirts.

20. sipang

sipang Senior member

That's some crazy talk King-J

Who wants to buy me a Nakashima dining table ?

1 person likes this.