• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Style Imperative (Psychology Today)

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It would be interesting for you and FNB to have an Actor's Studio style discussion about style.

mr.loverman

Reaction score
yea i read this and made a different post about it. i definitely like the magazine. a lot of very practical advice for making small adjustments to improve your life. they choose interesting topics as well. i thought this article was cool but left me wanting a little bit more. but realizing that genetics have a lot to do with taste helps me understand why clothes matter to me. my grandfather was a clotheshorse so it makes sense. i used to think that my style and taste was something i picked up in highschool, but i guess it goes deeper than that. maybe we shouldn't be so critical of the sartorially challenged. they might as well be mentally retarded or something. can't really hold it against them.
not that i judge people's value based on how they dress but i do find myself making judgments from time to time.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.loverman
yea i read this and made a different post about it. i definitely like the magazine. a lot of very practical advice for making small adjustments to improve your life. they choose interesting topics as well.

i thought this article was cool but left me wanting a little bit more. but realizing that genetics have a lot to do with taste helps me understand why clothes matter to me. my grandfather was a clotheshorse so it makes sense. i used to think that my style and taste was something i picked up in highschool, but i guess it goes deeper than that. maybe we shouldn't be so critical of the sartorially challenged. they might as well be mentally retarded or something. can't really hold it against them.
not that i judge people's value based on how they dress but i do find myself making judgments from time to time.

Where does it raise the issue of genetics?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't, though genetics likely play a role in various ways.

Nice to see the thread come back. Where was the other post on the subject?

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really good article. Thanks for sharing it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 83 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 138 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%