• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The style forum

NYCDan

Reaction score
I am a frequent visitor who rarely posts. In fact it took me a while to remember my password when I posted my question about custom suits.  I was wondering if I am in the majority or minority of members when it comes to my site useage.  I see that there are almost 900 members yet it appears that there are only 20 or so regulars. Where do you fit in?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've noticed that this forum has quite a few lurkers. I really don't post much, not being as style oriented as many of the regulars here, (I.E. I have five pairs of shoes, maybe two of which would be considered 'stylish' as opposed to 'functional' or 'casual&#39
wink.gif
occasionally there will be a thread that peaks my interest and I will put in my two cents. I do like to learn about these things though, and I have no problems expressing my varied and sometimes contradictory opinions in the company of such (for the most part) reasonable and intelligent people. As far as the 880 other people whom we never hear from; I think that many of the lurkers here are probably just here to osmose opinions about style from those who seem to know what they are talking about. I know that if I had any expendable income at all, I would probably take what knowledge I've gathered from here and buy myself a few nice shirts from Jantzen.
smile.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you check out the members section, there are about 200 members with 20 or more posts, and about 75 with 100 posts or more. Not bad.

JFK

Reaction score
I visit frequently but only post occasionally; I'm here to learn, and most of the questions I might think of have already been answered, so I rarely have to do more than browse the topics or run a search to get specific information. If browsing or searching doesn't turn up the information I'm looking for, I'll post a question.

But the thing I find most valuable about this site is that questions I might never think of are being asked - and answered - all the time.

quill

Reaction score
I swoop in during the morning, maybe again around lunch time, and fly over for an afternoon break. Makes a nice routine, to hover, hone in on something from time to time, peck occasionally at an interesting thread, and scavenge what I can (contrary to popular opinion, bald eagles can be rather timid and reactionary). Actually, I'm amazed at how MUCH some people post, given that they're lawyers, investment bankers, etc. What are we PAYING you people for? (
biggrin.gif
)

gqelements

Reaction score
i'm here to learn, if posting, chances are i'm posting a question.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
I wonder if those who "rarely visit" or "rarely post" will participate in the poll.
devil.gif

gaz.thomas

Reaction score
I wonder if those who "rarely visit" or "rarely post" will participate in the poll.
devil.gif
This one did
tounge.gif
I tend to subscribe to the view that when you're talking, you're not learning. And as I'm here to learn from the more sartorially aware members, I usually just shut up
smile.gif
Gaz -x-

F4iryder14

Reaction score
I don't post a lot in the clothing area as I am not terribly knowledgeable about higher end clothes, not does my budget usually allow me to purchase such items. Â It is a great place to learn, though, and any questions I've had have been answered very well by the members of the forum. Â I do like to contribute a lot to the body consciousness/weight lifting area of the board as that is an area I do feel I know a lot about, having studied and tried various aspects of that subject since before this board was around. Â And since I am a huge bike fan the motorcycle riders topics also piqued my interest... Â
smile.gif
... But overall this board is a great place to learn from and get feedback should you have any specific questions, and I find myself browsing usually about twice a day if not more. Kevin

marc37

Reaction score
l know very few people with lots of good quality shoes and clothing. This forum allows me to discuss subjects which normal people would consider bizarre: eg, shoes and the cut of suits.

The clothing forum is educational to me.

l aim to educate in the health forum.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Speaking of shoes, I've been meaning to say that I like the ones featured in your signature. New purchase?

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
I believe that I was the 4th member to sign up (and probably one of the reasons, including GQ Airplane Pilot that the GQForum imploded giving rise to the need for this forum). I am happy to say that moer than 2 years later, I am still here, now reading more of the great posts rather than posting some mediocore ones myself. Great job everyone. I still propose a StyleForum convention one day soon.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that I was the 4th member to sign up (and probably one of the reasons, including GQ Airplane Pilot that the GQForum imploded giving rise to the need for this forum).  I am happy to say that moer than 2 years later, I am still here, now reading more of the great posts rather than posting some mediocore ones myself.  Great job everyone.  I still propose a StyleForum convention one day soon.
GQL,

Haven't seen you post for a while.

senoreme

Reaction score
Well I am new to the forum so at this point I am a sponge. Will post when something comes up that I am particularly knowledgeable about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads