• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton I believe.

From a local Australian designer.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Parker, do you ever wear cord or tweed jackets?

yeah, I have a couple cord jackets and a cord suit (navy, not purple, sorry two, but that would be boss). At one point I had a couple tweeds, but not anymore -- too hot and itchy. It's also a little too "country gentleman / English professor" for me. I think Junya does tweed really well though, with the patchwork, blocking and cool details.

I guess something like this falls in this category? A suit that doesn't really adheres to the typical rules but still look good?
For sure. That deconstructed style is pretty cool. Looks great to me. I guess, really, a "suit" is just pants and jacket made from the same material. I always like this Label Under Construction suit from the Atelier blog.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Since the professor is unlikely to grace us with fit pics, here are a couple of shots of the Geller "Richard" jacket (albeit in a different color; I believe Fok's is black). I think it's called a "jacket" because it doesn't button up further, and it can ostensibly be worn with the lapels down (I would not recommend this, however). The thing's really a cardigan.

Leaning toward returning. 100% poly, FWIW.

I tried only buttoning the top button, but then the rest of it juts out weirdly in the front. :confused:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I tried the 48, and it looked easily a size or two big in every dimension...the shoulders drooped, the body was super-boxy, and the sleeves hung down to KJ-esque levels.

I actually have he 48 (we are about the same size), and I think that it fits perfectly. I am probably 1/2 a size bigger than you, and I have, apparently, a much longer wingspan. The arms hit at about the same place, but the shoulders are more relaxed, and there is more room through the body, and slightly longer. I personally think that the it looks best that way, though you are entitled to interpret it for yourself. Mine looks nearly exactly like in the picture that Mortar had up, which is relaxed, but slim. It's a very lightweight piece (thick, but it's like a knit bonded to polartech, hard to explain), so it doesn't "droop" the way a heavier piece would.

I will wear a shrunken jacket as well, but in that case, I like really saggy, baggy jeans, and some kicks. The idea in that case is to get the silhouette of an aikido uniform. There is an awesome picture of Hidetoshi Nakata in Emporio Armani from a while ago in either an Esquire or GQ shoot that shows a great example of this silhouette. Actually, a lot of Armani, who was always Japanese influenced, uses this silhouette, pairing a fitted jacket with a pinched waist with flowing pants.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah, I have a couple cord jackets and a cord suit (sorry Two, it's navy, not purple, but that would be boss). I like that cordurory can be semi-glam with some sheen or totally casual. At one point I had a couple tweeds, but not anymore -- too hot and itchy for me. It's also a little too "country gentleman / English professor" for my style. I think Junya does it nicely though, with the patchwork, blocking and cool details. For sure. That deconstructed style is pretty cool. Looks great to me. I guess, really, a "suit" is just pants and jacket made from the same material. I always like this Label Under Construction suit from the Atelier blog.
junya blazers are so cool. totally a grail of mine.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will wear a shrunken jacket as well, but in that case, I like really saggy, baggy jeans, and some kicks. The idea in that case is to get the silhouette of an aikido uniform. There is an awesome picture of Hidetoshi Nakata in Emporio Armani from a while ago in either an Esquire or GQ shoot that shows a great example of this silhouette. Actually, a lot of Armani, who was always Japanese influenced, uses this silhouette, pairing a fitted jacket with a pinched waist with flowing pants.

Sounds like Rick, too. Never thought of trying that with jeans, though. Do you ever post fit pics?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LL

Uniqlo Navy suit with purple knit tie and Uniqlo blue micro stripe shirt

And yes, I am wearing a Robert Collina knit jacket above. Reminded me of M in the 007 Skyfall movie

nowiremember

Reaction score
I am looking for a casual maybe unstructured black blazer. Potentially in a technical fabric. Any ideas?

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lanvin might have something cool in a tech fabric. But of course you'll have to pay a lot for it

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place to ask but what should i do to this suit?
-trousers slimmed/hemmed
-sleeves shortened
-better shirt (obvously)
-? :foo:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has the designer/company of this jacket been determined yet?
I think we came to the conclusion that it was rag & bone

maybe wings & horns?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads