1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Parker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Camiera

[​IMG]

Ouret

[​IMG]

Vadel

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Junhashimoto

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Beford is nicer than the Barena and a little more solidly constructed with more form. The Barena will drape more

Since when are you supposed to wear Barena with the collar up?

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

One time, my doctor told me I had cholera. I got all freaked out until I remembered I was wearing Barena and realized the doctor was just telling me I had my collar up.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Bam...

1 person likes this.
  5. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Barena lookbook has some collars up

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  6. Nikos

Nikos Senior member

Thanks, very succinct description. I guess Barena is more like a cardigan then. I like this, but would probably go for the better construction.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Barenas are quite nice too, guess better way to say it is EG has more structure / heavier stitching

8. kraands

kraands Senior member

9. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I like those Jun Hashimoto jackets, but probably because they remind me of the 08sircus stuff from a couple of seasons ago...

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

That soloist coat is fantastic. Older season or current?

11. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

^ looks like the pajama jacket, they've released a few iterations of it if i recall correctly.

12. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Can anyone advise on Ts(s) sizing? Interested in their blazers/ hunting jacket-y things.

I'm 38 / M usually which I think supposedly equates to size 2? Measurements for quite a few of the size 2 pieces I've seen look small though. May go and yoox something I don't really want to try for size.

13. FlyingMonkey

I haven't tried on any ts(s) recently, but my experience of Japanese sizing in general is that they 1,2,3 sizes cannot be simply equated to 36,38,40 etc. Often, Japanese jackets will be significantly slimmer in the shoulders that western cuts - and you can't really do anything about that with tailoring - and if you size up, you'll get something that might be too baggy around the chest and waist (depending on what fit you're looking for) - but if you're lucky they'll be smaller there too and you will get a good fit by sizing up. Incidentally, for trousers, the hips are also generally much slimmer. Okay, I'm a cyclist and runner so I have muscles in that area but despite being only 5'5", I'm often a 'large' in trousers in Japan, not because of waist or length but simply because of the cut through the hips.

14. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Yeah shoulders are the problem. I'm 178cm / 63kg which is pretty close to many a japanese webstore model, but broad-ish shoulders means that I can probably assume I'd need a size larger [​IMG]

15. FlyingMonkey

Anyway, if I get a chance to pop down to the ts(s) store in Daikanyama this week, I will, and I'll report back on sizing. I've been meaning to check out their new season stuff myself.

1 person likes this.
  16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

:nodding:

2 people like this.
  17. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

UC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Got this in today:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/bar...on-sport-coat-502350026.html?index=0&q=barena

Pretty comfy piece, though note sizing is 50 = M not 48 = M. Lined sleeves and super soft sweater like material.

Also got the contrast sleeve Neil Barrett not on site anymore but similar photo from Yoox, armholes too high for me though which sucks as piece is super nice too. Arms are a little baggy though. Feels half canvassed too which is nice
    [​IMG]

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I had trouble keeping myself from pulling the trigger on the first one. Is it actually black or is it green? It looks black in the photo, but the description calls it 'jade melange'.

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Neither, it's a dark blue navy haha

Color was same as my MBA screen for me