• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking of grabbing a Boglioli suit and maybe a jacket - can anyone tell me how that stuff runs? I'm trying to decide between a 50 and a 52. Also, mostly for Fok and others of his dubious ilk - what is shopping from 3different like?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

So, I'm thinking of grabbing a Boglioli suit and maybe a jacket - can anyone tell me how that stuff runs? I'm trying to decide between a 50 and a 52. Also, mostly for Fok and others of his dubious ilk - what is shopping from 3different like?

In general Boglioli runs small.
Especially the "Coat" line which is most of what those casual unstructured Boglioli jackets on 3diff are.
I've always sized up.

Also I've found that Boglioli stuff can be variable in sizing.
I purchased a jacket of Yoox. I liked how it fit so I purchased what appeared to be the same jacket in a different color from 3diff.
Fabric was identical except for color, style numbers on the labels were the same, but the one from 3diff fit noticeably smaller.
Part of the difference was that the buttons (it was dbl breasted) on the 3diff one were sewn nearly an inch over as compared to the Yoox one.

Ordering from 3different isn't too bad. They ship fairly quickly.
I did order a jacket one time and they sent me a single breasted version when I ordered the dbl.
But it was so dirt cheap (under $99) and fit okay that I kept it rather than hassle with sending it back to Italy.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it depends on what year/model, but sizing is kind of erratic in my experience. I bought a cotton Boglioli suit from 3diff a couple years ago on super discount. I took a 48 which happened to fit more tts. Just a caution: besides their site being wonky and slow, shipping took awhile (to me in California) and returns are quite a bit more expensive than somewhere like yoox. Prices are hard to beat though.

edit: haha, zippy pretty much covered it.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some Boglioli is fused right?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably, but to me what's appealing about Boglioli is their unstructured/unlined stuff. There's not even canvas in there, the jackets are like cardis.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably, but to me what's appealing about Boglioli is their unstructured/unlined stuff. There's not even canvas in there, the jackets are like cardis.

Yeah and quality is pretty solid all around

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah and quality is pretty solid all around

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i am totally digging this Dior Homme jacket, could work dressy and/or sw&d

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it depends on what year/model, but sizing is kind of erratic in my experience. I bought a cotton Boglioli suit from 3diff a couple years ago on super discount. I took a 48 which happened to fit more tts. Just a caution: besides their site being wonky and slow, shipping took awhile (to me in California) and returns are quite a bit more expensive than somewhere like yoox. Prices are hard to beat though.

edit: haha, zippy pretty much covered it.

Please enlighten 3different shop

edit found it

Last edited:

ilikethelights

Reaction score

re: yoox and suits:

I just picked up a few Pennesi suits for cheap that I am impressed with. I will post pics after tailoring. Size up on them.

A very late +1 on sizing up on Pennesi. Got one from Yoox yesterday and was too small in the shoulders and pants. Bummer they didn't have the next size up because it seemed very nice for the $125 that it ended up being.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

In general Boglioli runs small.
Especially the "Coat" line which is most of what those casual unstructured Boglioli jackets on 3diff are.
I've always sized up.

Also I've found that Boglioli stuff can be variable in sizing.
I purchased a jacket of Yoox. I liked how it fit so I purchased what appeared to be the same jacket in a different color from 3diff.
Fabric was identical except for color, style numbers on the labels were the same, but the one from 3diff fit noticeably smaller.
Part of the difference was that the buttons (it was dbl breasted) on the 3diff one were sewn nearly an inch over as compared to the Yoox one.

Ordering from 3different isn't too bad. They ship fairly quickly.
I did order a jacket one time and they sent me a single breasted version when I ordered the dbl.
But it was so dirt cheap (under $99) and fit okay that I kept it rather than hassle with sending it back to Italy.

So, the Boglioli SC I ordered came today (two days after ordering, hey - I am in UK). No pictures, as it's at the tailor, but it's pretty fun. Construction, regardless of whatever "line" it's from, is good, fabric is interesting and good for summer, the 3-button patch-pocket look is different (for me) and also kind of endearing. I ordered a 52, which is what I usually order in things that aren't really "classic" and it fits me well. One thing of note is that the body is definitely cut shorter than a suit jacket - you can see this in the 3diff pictures if you look closely, but the back of the one I ordered covers maybe 3/4 of ******. I waffled on the length for a while, but since I'm young and stupid and just going to wear it casually like an asshole (hell, it's a cream jacket), I guess I'm not too worried, but it's definitely not a traditional length. I'm also 6'1, which probably doesn't help. So, short, and a little boxy - relaxed, for sure. There's plenty of length in the arms even on my frame, though, and it fits well through th shoulder and chest, so no worries there. All in all, it feels like "the real deal" in a way yoox cast-offs often don't. It's really, really unstructured - the cotton on mine is an interesting thick, loose weave - so it doesn't drape like a fully canvased jacket (not that you would expect it to).

Also, the box (packaged well) came with a pre-paid UPS return label, which makes everything a billion times easier. Generally, I would say that I would order from them again. I'll post some photos on Friday, probably.

michaelyork

Reaction score
what is the quality like on boglioli suits-- the fully lined ones? Are they fused or canvassed?

Are they good or is boglioli just known for their unlined unstructured stuff?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even though you're a moron I've blocked previously, I will answer in hopes of helping other people. They make both kinds, you can handle them at your local Barney's.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thread seems to be dying, so here is some self-indulgent content that you may ridicule.

found this DVN suit, in silk/cotton/poly. 2nd pic shows same fabric in slightly different jacket. A lot of sheen and some of the funky wrinkled irregularities and slub that you get with silk.

tried this Lanvin on, really nice light summer casual throw it on and look good jacket. Porter has better pics: http://www.mrporter.com/product/328748

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics