1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Parker, Oct 23, 2012.

1. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

I have the constellation and experience the neck gap and tight sleeve fit issues (not so bad to keep me from wearing it). It doesn't look like dandruff though.

2. kashmir

kashmir Well-Known Member

I rarely see double breasteds here?

I love them personally, but yeah.. unless executed by some rockstar tailor it will look quite boxy and 1980s. I like Simon Crompton (permanentstyle)'s sensibilities for DB, and reading his blog inevitably leads to the cutter Davide Taub and my personal favorite, Edward Sexton.

[​IMG]

I'm thinking of having a suit with such silhouette.. long-ish body and all

1 person likes this.
  3. punchdrunkwelle

punchdrunkwelle Active Member

I try to get away from jeans now since all I want to wear with it is tees. For my street style I try to wear blazers more and less jeans opting for cotton pants

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

good to see this thread revived...davide taub looks great, he often wears structured savile row tailoring in a casual context. ( this may have been posted here before, it's from permanent style):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

like his style more and more... Waris Ahluwalia. mixing casual footwear with more traditional suits. maybe less "streetwear" but not really biz-classic either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

it helps that all of waris's suits have a youthful vibe to them -- between the colors, the way the notches of his lapels are splayed out like that, the use of wrinkly or casual fabrics. the casual shoes don't look incongruous at all. dig it.

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

I dig it. I saw these when trying to google something I found on yoox a bit ago:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Bam!ChairDance

max vallot basically dresses like an swd regular. pretty great

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. KingJulien

[​IMG]

branquinho

3 people like this.
  10. glundr

glundr Well-Known Member

11. nowiremember

nowiremember Well-Known Member

I am still having no luck finding a good casual black blazer. Tried a bunch off of hood and just can't seem to find one that doesn't flair out a ton at the back. Any recommendations? Brands I should look at ?

12. Bam!ChairDance

I was going to suggest Yoox but then I realized that's what "hood" was (damn you autocorrect!)

This one from Qasimi Homme has a ton of waist suppression. Sz 36 is currently sitting in my room, but i'm going to compare it with some other blazers before I decide whether to keep

But if they're all flaring like that, have you considered sizing down? Or maybe you have a crazy drop or something? Most of the blazers Yoox carries are quite fitted already.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  13. KingJulien

IME if they're flaring in the back, if often means they're actually too small in the waist. If you give your height / weight / dimensions it'd help for brands.

1 person likes this.
  14. Bam!ChairDance

are you talking about the vents flaring? i thought he meant the midsection was too blousy

15. KingJulien

I had a blazer that was too tight in the ribcage and it made the back flare out, but I'm not at all an expert.

16. nowiremember

nowiremember Well-Known Member

Yes sorry hood was yoox. I am 5'6" 38" chest and 31" waist. Maybe I'm looking for something without vents?!!

17. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

vents will flare out (open up) if the jacket waist is too tight or you have extra booty pushing the flap out. you can try going up a size (but run the risk of evertying else being too big), have a tailor let out the side seams (not the best solution for cotton fabrics) -- or you can just go casual and leave the jacket unbuttoned.

ideally the vents will stay closed with your jacket buttoned. and still fit well everywhere else. :mc tawk:

1 person likes this.
  18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

I know some people have the vents sewn shut...but I've never tried it.

I've got a sweatshirt blazer that flares out like that, neither slim of waist or surfeitous of booty. :confused:

19. Bam!ChairDance

as a staunch opponent of genital mutilation, I would never put myself or my kids through that kind of procedure

20. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Had double vents on a Uniqlo suit jacket sewn shut due to the flaring, but it was my fault for taking the waist in too much. It was my first alteration fwiw. Ideally for the suit jacket I would have liked to keep the double vents..

For a black jacket I was drooling over this: http://www.guyiconsignment.com/product/siki-im-aw12-textured-cotton-fleece-reversible-blazer

[​IMG]

For the smaller dudes

I have been also looking for a black jacket but for me that can wait until I find the perfect one. I like white/beige/navy/gray jackets right now and do not foresee a black one anytime soon albeit if that Siki Im fit that would be a different story.

http://www.yoox.com/us/41324324XD/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41324324SK&sizeId= Order 2 cheap items and this to get 20% off

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013