• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

re: yoox and suits:

I just picked up a few Pennesi suits for cheap that I am impressed with. I will post pics after tailoring. Size up on them.

I grabbed one of the Pennesi suits as well and just got mine. Pretty nice, especially considering that they're dirt cheap on yoox.
As far as sizing - I went tts and I might actually have the sides taken in a bit. Would definitely not size up unless you're tall or particularly built in the shoulders / upper back area.

fireflygrave

Reaction score
A few blazer fits on the darker side...

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^so good

Some disparate stuff:

Not sure if there is any suit and/or blazer involved but I'm not sure if I care.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you guys suggest some mid range priced lightweight / cotton / linen/ seersucker unstructured blazers?

ervell is the high water mark as of now. bonus points of matching trousers are an option.

Last edited:

dusttruffle

Reaction score
saw this on yoox, kind of like it - but to be frank the overabundance of cropped length jackets is starting to bother me.

would love to find something like this but with a longer length and 3/2 - not too long though just not a bumfreezer.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thoughts on mmm14 suit?
Composition: 82% Cotton, 18% Silk

Is that going to be appropriate for hot weather?

Last edited:

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's fair, but just fyi these pictures are from REI in downtown Boulder. No, it's not a metropolis, and poorly-dressed it may be, but you're much less likely to get your teeth broken for being a ****** in Boulder than you are in a lot of places. CU students might yell "hammer pants" at you, but it's far from the most unfriendly place I've been.

sXo28fUl.jpg

v6Jv3vCl.jpg

apHY0q6l.jpg

What pants?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thoughts on mmm14 suit?
Composition: 82% Cotton, 18% Silk
Is that going to be appropriate for hot weather?

Hard to judge from the composition alone, since like wool, how much cotton insulates you depends partly on the weave. I'd try it, then if it doesn't seem whisper thin enough, you could just return it.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally cotton/silk blends are fairly light weight (silk tends to be kinda breezy). The blend definitely shows up more in spring-summer collections, so there's a good chance it's light. Give it a shot.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
eglbc, if it's not too lowbrow for you, you might look at the Uniqlo "cordlane" jacket/pants -- very light, unlined, two button. the blue and tan are kinda too bright, but the black/white version looks like pale grey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads