• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That sounds like hell.n

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Go for linen

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ouch. Def. not anything with poly/synthetic fiber. You'll roast. I'd go with cotton, linen, or super lightweight (tropical) wool if you need to be a little more formal. I have an off-white cotton (Boglioli) suit, totally unlined, for those types of hot, outdoor daytime things. Can you get away with no tie?

As long as there is a good return policy/reasonable shipping, I'd not worry about buying online.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I thought polyester would be like cotton but I guess not. Ya I dont usually wear ties

Maybe I'll get an unlined suit, I never really liked that idea though

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe really thing polyester though Parker could perhaps verify this i.e. Uniqlo loves poly mix jackets for S/S but it is also really thin and transparent

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i second the recommendation for tropical wool. super lightweight and plainweave rather than twill, so it's sort of like wearing superfine wool mesh. i don't know where you'd begin looking for a tropical wool suit though.

Last edited:

AlexInExile

Reaction score

kashmir

Reaction score
xpost from MC. I figured I'll get better answers here, like my early posts ITT :D

"What would be the best color combination utilizing knitted wool tie? The tie's desaturated brown, almost khaki in color. It was a present; by A.P.C., very nice tie in itself. I live in the tropics. I would say very light blue or pale yellow for the shirt color? Or probably checked/ gingham with a bit of earth tones? As for the jacket, all I've got are navy double breasted worsted wool*, tan cord, and black linen."

*this is a secondary question. Got this very 80s orphaned DB jacket off thrifted. Navy worsted with verrryy subtle glen plaid It can pass for solid. Any way to make this one this-thread-level-cool?

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as long as the shoulders don't fit as freakishly narrow on you as they do on the model, I say go for either.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is what i'm trying to achieve for summer sans footwear. sub in boots or simple black top / thick while sole sneakers (really do not want to buy sneakers though some PLAY cons is tempting)

Really want a similar jacket as photoed

I really thought about this look then realized where it came from :eek:
Also the fact that I cannot grow heavy facial hair so not sure if I can make hats work for the purpose of a breezy summery outfit. I sort of have a baby face

Last edited:

Dorje

Reaction score
looks great toasty.

@tog, those suits look pretty plain/ordinary... not a bad thing but I'd hesitate to pay that much... although the white specks on the black suit look pretty cool.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW, that shah look is amazing... Perfect summer fit.

what´s the tee, shah?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads