• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread +

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here are some pictures:
Wool/polyamid/mohair/cashmere blend jacket - a nice amount of stretch, ventless, no cuff buttons. 3 patch pockets, unlined, high buttoning point.
B7Ro24Cl.jpg

yILqK2sl.jpg

Man, I'm glad that I returned that and that you picked it up. It was a piece that I was half tempted to keep. It sat in the return box for about a week before I finally made up my mind. It looks much better on you than on me. It fit me just a bit tighter, (I'm probably several inches taller and at least 15 lbs heavier than you, based on your fit pic) but I think that the slouchiness of the material just looks better on you. Great piece.

Yoox is awesome if you know the brands. I think that I'm going to start recommending specific pieces from Yoox in this thread. It's not the place to pick up big brands (unless it's a piece you really regret not having gotten in an earlier season), but it's great for poaching phenomenal deals from brands that have a good reputation but a small audience.

Another brand really worth considering, if you are into easy knitwear (always good for transition weather) is Fedeli.

Woah, nix that. I just reread, and realize that you are an XL. Wow, I always thought that you were a smaller 38.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Man, I'm glad that I returned that and that you picked it up. It was a piece that I was half tempted to keep. It sat in the return box for about a week before I finally made up my mind. It looks much better on you than on me. It fit me just a bit tighter, (I'm probably several inches taller and at least 15 lbs heavier than you, based on your fit pic) but I think that the slouchiness of the material just looks better on you. Great piece.

Yoox is awesome if you know the brands. I think that I'm going to start recommending specific pieces from Yoox in this thread. It's not the place to pick up big brands (unless it's a piece you really regret not having gotten in an earlier season), but it's great for poaching phenomenal deals from brands that have a good reputation but a small audience.

Another brand really worth considering, if you are into easy knitwear (always good for transition weather) is Fedeli.

Woah, nix that. I just reread, and realize that you are an XL. Wow, I always thought that you were a smaller 38.

Ha, thanks, Fok - yeah, I'm 6'1 ~185-ish. As you can probably tell from the pictures, I "sized up" - that is, I bought what I'd consider my true size - 52. I wouldn't want it any tighter in the midsection or the arms, though, and the length is perfect (sleeves are "casually long"). I generally think that the sweater/knit-blazers look better when they're sized up, rather than being stretched tight across the shoulders. It's too bad they didn't have one that fit you. It seems very Fok-ish.

Last edited:

insomniac341

Reaction score
Brad, on Fascinate, most of the Devoa is in sizes 1-3 and then 5...is 4 like super elusive, or do they just not usually stock it? Spacepope is a slim 48, and he's a size 3 - I'm a slim 50/regular 48, so I'd imagine I'm a size 4. The phantom size.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, first of all, and if you live in LA, especially, where people are generally less aware of labels than NYC, you can often find CP Company, probably the original designer workwear company, at super deep discount. Originally, CP Company was all natural fabrics and washes, and Stone Island was for more "sportif" gear, with more on an emphasis on tech materials, but that distinction has been blurred. I used to pick up CP Company jackets for literally under $100 a shot. That's less common now. However, a jacket like this, which plays to the company's strengths (fabrics), will probably do you well, and for the money, it's a lot better than stuff you see in department stores.

http://www.yoox.com/us/41337134JK/i...ts=sr_clothingmen80&cod10=41337134JK&sizeId=6

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a normal length slouchy jacket that is light for the summer? Uniqlo's Easy Jacket fits the bill and is pretty loose, light, and soft albeit it is 70% polyester. The charcoal color looks great with the lapel worn up or laid flat.

Something in linen would be cool.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tbh, I barely ever wear anything more than a tee or henley in the summer, and I never wear linen, but if by "normal length", you mean the original #menswear look, you can't go far wrong with either Piombo or Boglioli, two rare brands that may be stronger in summer than in winter, and do color and washes well. I wouldn't use Yoox though. Since #menswear became a thing, both of those brands, which used to be great bargains, have been driven up in price. If you are looking for inexpensive, go to an Italian outlet like threedifferent, where the prices are more like $200-$300, instead of $500+ You will have to get over the usually even more horrific than Yoox styling and fit pics though.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
barena for light slouchy blazers

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you care about color?
I actually picked this one up, and it's actually pretty light and its not this grey color like it looks in this picture. It's black with flecks of white, red and brown pretty interesting, fits tts but it's a looser fit. Could easily be worn in Bay Area weather it's unlined and workable cuffs.

http://mobile.yoox.com/us/41316593GM/item?dept=

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good suggestions

I have in mind the RIchard jacket from RG. Similar to this.

Dorje

Reaction score
I recently got in a yoox order and liked a few things.

1. + people casual pants. slim black brushed cotton chinos with stretch... very slim fitting, fabric and construction look great. Made in Italy.

2. Brian Dales button down shirt... modern slim fit, good length to wear untucked, stretch cotton fabric, small buttons/narrow placket. Made in Italy.

3. Majestic Homme tee, 70% cotton 30% cashmere, nice fabric, very light weight. Made in EU.

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Paolini jacket is also nice, but the 52 fits a bit too small and short in the arms for me. Another brand worth considering.

I just received a Paolini along with my Grifoni. Debating keeping both of them, but the Grifoni just looks a little sharper to me. Agree? Tried to get better light in my bathroom, but still can't get decent photos. The top button on the Paolini popped off when I took it out of the box, so I can't give a buttoned pic (buttoning the bottom one makes the lapels uneven and doesn't give a good representation of the fit.) I've been really impressed with the cut/drape on most of the Grifoni items I've held. That's seems to be their strong point. Oh, and the Paolini is cotton but the Grifoni is 60/40 cotton/linen.

Last edited:

Dorje

Reaction score
Caveat, yeah... need better lighting/pics. Can't see much. But they look very similar except for the pockets, not sure I'd keep both... the fact the button popped off one isn't a good sign.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads