The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Razele

Razele Senior member

I do however like them alot more than desert boots and red wings, which is why I will kop.

2. genericman

genericman Senior member

Neither of those questions make sense. No I do not think they are like the daytons last. I did not know that there was a BoO / MMM aesthetic or that either of those two brands had anything at all in common.
    im too tipsy for my own good. i guess what im trying to find an affordable version of the dayton boots. im fairly new to boots as i tend to wear topsiders, bean boots, boo shirts, margiela knits...essentially im committed to the boo/trad aesthetics with occasionally mmm preppier items. still a college student, so all of the above are purchased on ebay or b/s. as a result, i cant really afford the dayton boot. would these usmc boots fit the look? would these chippewa's fit my look or is it too work wear? obviously those awesome engineer boots wouldnt work for me, though they look great. thanks for any imput razele.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Best advice I can give you is get the items you want, not 'replica's' of them.

If you can't afford the Daytons I would leave it at that.

The USMC service boots are nice, but they are never going to have the leather quality or the finish of the Daytons.

However if you like the USMC service boots because of the history, the involvement in some great movies and you want a relatively cheap unlined boot you can play with that is on a nice last with good construction and materials, then it might be for you.

Will wear with raw denim, MTM oxford and aviators. Sup.

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

Also for prep, I would probably go boat shoes, boat chukka's and some cordovan loafers off eBay.

Also longwings are your friend.

Alden's off eBay are pretty good, you can do well.

5. SeanUCSB

SeanUCSB Well-Known Member

new grensons came in.....hi-shine honey...
    [​IMG]
    welcome to the family....
    [​IMG]

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

^nice man

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Agreed with Razele, if you can afford to wear BoO and MMM, you can afford to hold off on buys for a while and save up for a pair of W+H

8. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

Alden Aviators from Orvis...

[​IMG]

9. ysb

ysb Senior member

Speaking of the WH boots, I posted this is in the "recommend a slate/grey boot" thread but I was wondering if people that had the WH boots generally got them in nubuck or the leather? I like the grey look of the nubuck better.

10. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. snake

snake Senior member

^ nice. did you add those laces on yourself? My F+B 745 came with different ones.

12. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

^ nice. did you add those laces on yourself? My F+B 745 came with different ones.

Yep, I had some leather laces lying around that I cut down to fit these.

And the fit is just right on these in a 42. They run a little large compared to the F+B Bolan I had to sell in the same size.

13. toade

toade Senior member

Yep, I had some leather laces lying around that I cut down to fit these.

And the fit is just right on these in a 42. They run a little large compared to the F+B Bolan I had to sell in the same size.

Love 'em. I have them in black but REALLY want the ones you have. Just can't bare to pay retail. 42.5 fit me perfect.

14. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Love 'em. I have them in black but REALLY want the ones you have. Just can't bare to pay retail. 42.5 fit me perfect.

I ordered the black nubuck from gimmeshoes.com when they had them on sale for ~$300 last month, then got an e-mail from them stating they didn't have my size in stock. I e-mailed them back and requested the black top grains for the sale price but the best they would do was 10% off, and I changed my mind to the brown so I got these for 378. I'm still looking for the perfect black boot. These are close, but I'm looking for something with a stronger toe box and a slightly taller shaft.

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Would be nice to have brand/model with pics. Some of us aren't intimately familiar with some brands enough to i.d. them on sight.

Just oiled and looking presentable after the salt and slush. Dr. Martens James boots, excel. Second winter (about 10 mos. real wear).

[​IMG]