• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

MS007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
What you guys think of these boots?

I guess its a replica of the M43 service boot (US WWII)

7232.jpg

I was eyeing those for a while as well. Have never really seen them looking that good, though.
In my opinion you cannot go wrong for the price (if you want the buzz rickson model however I d pay the extra-$ and upgrade to Alden).

If anyone who has seen them in person (preferably someone with experience in quality boots) would chip in, that`d be great!

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like to know were he got those 2 pair, as they look way nicer then the ones that most WWII sites.

Have you got any idea?

Also the dark brown is nice.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, no info on them.

They are pretty nice, I would love to know who made them.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure they aren't vintage. The actual vintage ones have a really different leather, hard to find that kind of roughout these days. They have been treated with snowseal, which has made them go darker. Because I'm awesome I tracked them down: http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/usmcfield.html --> Down the bottom, last item. So those are the marine version of the WWII army roughout boot. They have 9 eyelets and a different last, along with a slimmer toe and a hammered and welted sole.
boondocker.JPG
boondockersole.JPG
boondockerside.JPG
boondockertoe.JPG
Will deffinitly cop. I had some reservations as the army roughout boots have a terrible last. These are nice and slim, have better construction and 9 eyelets looks better then the 7.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey no worries.

These have been brewing for awhile, have wanted some too.

These are easily the best ones ATM, nicest shape etc.

Doctor

Reaction score
They look narrow. Hopefully you don't have slightly wide-ish foot.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
They look narrow. Hopefully you don't have slightly wide-ish foot.
They come in E Width's too son.

genericman

Reaction score
30c51es.jpg
do you guys think these usmc are closest to the w+h dayton boots last? also, would the following boot work for the BoO/MMM (both different, but minimal/preppy in looks) aesthetics or is it too Red Wings/Work wear.
sy2gsn.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither of those questions make sense.

No I do not think they are like the daytons last.

I did not know that there was a BoO / MMM aesthetic or that either of those two brands had anything at all in common.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads