The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

Really should have done separate streetwear shoe and streetwear boot threads. Too much boot bullshit going on in here, and hardly any shoe postings.

I did, and someone recommended I post here. Lol.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Really should have done separate streetwear shoe and streetwear boot threads. Too much boot bullshit going on in here, and hardly any shoe postings.
    Then why don't you post some shoes?

3. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

Then why don't you post some shoes?
    Do I have to hold your hand when you need to go to the bathroom too?
    IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/30u7rtg.jpg[/IMG]
    The fuck is wrong with you? This is for street-motherfucking-wear.

4. KitAkira

Well if you're going to bitch and moan about how there is a larger focus on boots rather than shoes, do something about it.

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Now I'm confused. Of all the threads I've searched out most people say either TTS or half size large.

then go TTS. i did, feels just a little tight but they're boat shoes and i have no socks on so i figured with socks it would be even tighter. had the side zip boots and they fit tts as opposed to most boots where you gotta size down

6. toade

toade Senior member

Just wanted some opinions on a few boots I just purchased. Some background: After years of owning one pair of pants, and one pair of khakis, I've begun expanding my fashion sense.... I'm now onto shoes, and trying to find a few pairs that are fashionable and well built for the money. I usually dress fairly casual, khakis, polos, etc. I like the J Crew look.

With a one year old, I have little time to go shopping, and living in Ventura, CA, I have limited options, though there are a ton of great outlets near me. Thankfully I had some time off where I was able to hit Off 5th, Nordstrom Rack, Cole Haan Outlet, etc...

These were the best of the group... any keepers?

First two are John Varvatos, last one is Cole Haan. They were all about the same price, $150/pr.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

No, I'd return all 3. Look through this thread for some much more attractive options.

8. KitAkira

Just wanted some opinions on a few boots I just purchased. Some background: After years of owning one pair of pants, and one pair of khakis, I've begun expanding my fashion sense.... I'm now onto shoes, and trying to find a few pairs that are fashionable and well built for the money. I usually dress fairly casual, khakis, polos, etc. I like the J Crew look. With a one year old, I have little time to go shopping, and living in Ventura, CA, I have limited options, though there are a ton of great outlets near me. Thankfully I had some time off where I was able to hit Off 5th, Nordstrom Rack, Cole Haan Outlet, etc... These were the best of the group... any keepers? First two are John Varvatos, last one is Cole Haan. They were all about the same price, $150/pr.
    One should never ever ever ever ever ever pay that much for anything from Cole Haan.... $450 would have got you a pair of F+B or Butteros, far far far far far superior

9. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I usually dress fairly casual, khakis, polos, etc. I like the J Crew look.

that has not been the j crew look for a a few years now btw. J. Crew is into the rugged man that also read Steinbeck look for a number of seasons

10. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ those boots all look pretty JCrew to me. safe to wear with safe clothing. maybe they do more of that look over on the MC side, you might want to check there for ideas. i definately don't see someone rocking Butteros with JCrew polos btw.

11. ysb

ysb Senior member

New member here and it's nice to commiserate with others that share my addiction. Is there a thread for sneakers?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Front row (L to R) Ferragamo, Paul Smith Starr, AE Redding, Ferragamo, Prada, Ferragamo
    Back row (L to R) RW GT, Bally, Paul Stuart for Grenson, Gucci, Ferragamo, John Varvatos

12. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

YSB: those black chelseas are by ferragamo? i've been looking for something like that, how do you like them?

13. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Those suede oxblood wingtips are off the scale.

Nice collection.

14. ysb

ysb Senior member

YSB: those black chelseas are by ferragamo? i've been looking for something like that, how do you like them?

I love them but they were bought from a consignment store ($~65$) and they had been resoled with a rubber sole, which added to the thickness, so the heel is a little bit higher than I would have liked if I bought something new. Otherwise I think that Ferragamo's average width is a little bit narrower than other brands, so that's fine for me because my feet are a little bit narrow. I'm sure that other people in the forum would agree that at retail, or even at a significant discount, Ferragamo is overpriced.

15. ysb

ysb Senior member

Those suede oxblood wingtips are off the scale.

Nice collection.

Thanks! They're definitely my flashiest shoe. Oh and I forgot a pair of brown suede Dior boots that I'll put up later.