The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. brunning

brunning Member

Recommend some boots for me:

I like the look of the PS Ricard - lace-up, streamlined and simple look, toe shape, slightly distressed look, but I need something more durable - I have several pair of PS shoes and boots, and I go through the soles too fast with all the walking I do.

I don't need (or want) a big, gnarly redwing sole, but something more durable than PS is in order.

I also wouldn't mind it if the boot was a little higher and more weathered looking, but i'm not even totally sure what i'l getting at there.

2. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

W+H boots look just like Butteros, except that they are bent. go with whichever is cheaper on sale

3. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

4. bows1

bows1 Senior member

^^info on the Jodphurs please.

Mine? I think they are Loakes, all they say is British Isles Collection and Made in England. They are pretty old.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

RFX- How many pairs of boots do you own? You seem like you are posting a new pair ever other day.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Recommend some boots for me: I like the look of the PS Ricard - lace-up, streamlined and simple look, toe shape, slightly distressed look, but I need something more durable - I have several pair of PS shoes and boots, and I go through the soles too fast with all the walking I do. I don't need (or want) a big, gnarly redwing sole, but something more durable than PS is in order. I also wouldn't mind it if the boot was a little higher and more weathered looking, but i'm not even totally sure what i'l getting at there.
    You realize that you can get rubber soles placed over the leather and even leather resoling costs about $25? Unless you plan on switching to rubber soles or getting double leather soles you aren't going to see any significant gains from one company to the next in terms of how long the soles last. Saying that a shoe/boot isn't durable because the soles wear down is retarded, like saying a car is shit because the tires wore down after you slammed on the brakes PS: RFX maybe you should invest in taps lol

8. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

who makes some nice penny loafers?

9. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

who makes some nice penny loafers?

Alden makes a really really nice penny loafer in cordovan.
    I don't own a pair, but with my budget, I picked up some Bass Weejuns, which aren't bad for loafing around

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

JV Chukka
    [​IMG]

how you liking those ? I almost picked some up they were marked down quite a bit, but the brown seems really dark which I need to stop buying...

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I am really loving those JV boots and it is one of the boots I get the most compliment on.
    PS: RFX maybe you should invest in taps lol
    It does have taps, you could kind of see it in the pic too. [​IMG]
    RFX- How many pairs of boots do you own? You seem like you are posting a new pair ever other day.
    Oh, their not new, just sharing new pics of them being worn. [​IMG]

12. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

my sneakers [​IMG]

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

^ nice collection. what are they ?

14. onion

onion Senior member

how you liking those ? I almost picked some up they were marked down quite a bit, but the brown seems really dark which I need to stop buying...

I have them as well, and like them quite a bit. My pair has a fairly nice patina, and for whatever reason the leather seems a slightly better than my other JV shoes. Comfort wise, they wear just like other JV shoes. The stitching at the apron is a bit crappy though, and is unraveling slightly where the two sides meet. Luckily it's on the inside of the heel, so it's not very noticable.

I'm not sure I'd pay retail for them, but with a slight discount I think they are worth buying. I think they have a good shape, decent leather, are comfortable, and look good with jeans or khakis. They are pretty good shoes all around imo.

15. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

^ nice collection. what are they ?

Thanks.
    left : Vintage Walk Over
    middle : Alden Plain Toe Flex Boot II
    right : BB Peal